His Bully's Sister (young! SS)

Introduction:
The fifth-year Slytherin, Severus Snape, has a girlfriend. What will happen when James Potter finds out who it is?

This is a request from misskitty1912-blog on Tumblr (DreamyKawaii here on Wattpad). Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 3/9/2023
———————————————

Word count: 998
Warning: Bullying

Severus is sitting under a tree while reading a book. The fifth-year Slytherin is paying close attention to even the smallest sound nearby. He fears every second that his bullies will show up and attack him. It happens way too often - they do it every time they are bored, and quite frankly, they are bored all the time.

The dunderheads don't know how to spend their time properly. They could be studying, but no, they prefer bullying the poor Slytherin.

When he hears footsteps approaching him, his whole body feels tense. He's about to grab his wand for self defence until he sees who's in front of him.

"Hi, Severus" Y/N Potter says, smiling.

Severus instantly relaxes and sighs in relief. It's just Y/N, a sixth-year Gryffindor and Severus' girlfriend. They have been dating for a few months now - Y/N has had a crush on the younger Slytherin for a while.

At first, Severus thought it was a joke, considering who she's related to - James Potter, his bully and Y/N's younger brother. However, she convinced him that her feelings for him are real. She promised not to tell her brother, knowing that it will only make things worse for him.

Ever since they got together, Severus has noticed that the bullying has decreased a bit - not that much, but it has decreased. Y/N has told him that she often lectures her little brother about not bullying others.

Her younger brother rarely listens, but it seems she has made a bit of an impact. She probably threatened him... Severus hopes that she threatened him.

The Slytherin rises up from the ground before dusting off his clothes. He looks at his girlfriend. "Hello, Y/N..." he mutters shyly.

He has no idea why, but she always makes him so shy... Perhaps it's because he doesn't really have any social skills, and he's afraid of messing up. He really likes her and wants to stay with her for as long as she wants him...

Y/N chuckles. "You don't have to be shy, it's just me. Oh, what are you reading?" she asks curiously. Unlike her dunderhead brother, she actually studies. And she likes reading just like Severus does.

He fumbles with his book. "Oh, j-just a book about the Dark Arts..." he says really quietly, afraid that she will judge him for liking that subject. Instead, she smiles at him.

"Cool! Can I borrow it when you are done?" she asks, sounding sincerely interested. That surprises him quite a bit, yet it also makes him happy.

"Of course" he replies without stammering this time. Thank Merlin for that.

"Thank you! Actually, may I take a closer look at the book?" she questions, looking at the object in his hand.

When the boy nods, she gently grabs it. As she does so, their fingers touch which makes the Slytherin's cheeks turn redder than the colour of Gryffindor. Y/N can't help but chuckle. He looks so cute when he's flustered.

Unbeknownst to the love birds, someone is spying on them.

"No way!" the person mutters under his breath. He then runs away with a destination in mind. When he sees his friends, he whistles a melody.

Remus Lupin sighs. "Must you whistle, Sirius? I'm trying to read" he complains.

Sirius Black gives an innocent look. "I'm not whistling that loud, Moony. Besides, I come with news. I think this will interest you a great deal, Prongs" he simply says.

That catches the bespectacled boy's attention. He immediately gets up from the ground where he was taking a nap. "What is it, Padfoot?" James questions, sounding excited. Peter Pettigrew is listening, too.

Sirius smirks. "You won't believe this - your sister just talked with Snivellus! She touched his hand, and he was blushing! He looked ridiculous" he explains, laughing.

That makes James' face turn pale before it suddenly turns red from anger. "Snivelly! How dare he touch my sister with those greasy hands from touching his greasy hair!" he almost shouts, clearly furious.

"What are you going to do?" Wormtail asks.

James huffs. "I'll tell you what, Wormtail. I'll show him not to ever touch my sister again!" he declares. As he hurries away, the others follow him until they spot the Slytherin boy.

"Snivellus! How dare you touch my sister!" James yells.

As he's about to retrieve his wand to attack the Slytherin boy, Y/N suddenly steps in front of Severus, protecting him.

"Y/N, what are you doing?! Get away from that greasy git!" James tells her.

She glares at him. "First off, Jamesie, that 'greasy git' is my boyfriend," she announces as she grabs Severus' hand tightly. The Slytherin tries his best not to blush. Not in front of his bullies.

The sight makes the Marauders widen their eyes.

"Second, it's you four who should get away from him! What have I told you?" she asks harshly.

James rolls his eyes. "We mustn't bully others..." he mutters inaudibly.

"I didn't hear you" she says, wanting him to repeat louder.

Her brother groans. "We mustn't bully others!" James replies, loud and clearly.

That makes Y/N give a satisfied look. "Good... Don't ever hurt Severus again, Jamesie. If you do, I'll tell our parents what you do in your free time with your friends" she threatens, smirking.

James' face turns pale and he starts to sweat nervously. He mutters an apology to Severus before running away, his friends tagging along.

Smiling, Y/N looks at her boyfriend. "I'll make sure they'll never hurt you again, Sev" she assures him. The nickname gives Severus butterflies in his stomach.

"Thank you, Y/N... I love you" he admits.

"And I love you too" she replies back before kissing his forehead.

Her action makes his cheeks turn redder than ever, but for the first time in his life, he's smiling. He finally feels loved and appreciated - he's so glad that he now has Y/N in his life.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "Meet Your Fiancée" (Zuko) will be published on 3/24/2023!