Emo Girl (SS x student! reader)

Introduction:
The other students bully Y/N as she's always alone and barely shows any emotions. What will happen when a certain professor helps her one day?

This is a request from Encantadiafan12. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 8/19/2022 ———————————————

Word count: 1.3k
Warning: Bullying and teacher-student relationship (Y/N is 18 years old)

It's a sunny day at Hogwarts. As all lessons are done for the day, everybody is either chatting with friends or playing Quidditch. Well, everyone except for one seventh-year student.

Y/N Y/L/N is sitting under a tree while reading a book. She loves to read, especially in order to learn something new. She isn't a Ravenclaw for nothing.

However, she isn't like her fellow Ravenclaws. She prefers to be alone rather than being around others.

Because of her behaviour and her emotionless expressions, people often call her 'the Emo Girl'. It's mostly the Half-bloods and Muggleborns who refer to her as this.

She herself is a Muggleborn and understands the phrase. It isn't that she's depressed or anything like that - she's simply just shy and prefers being alone. She usually minds her own business and spends her time reading.

The same can't be said with her fellow students - they definitely don't mind their own business. Because she barely shows emotions, they often bully her for it.

The eighteen-year old Ravenclaw tries her best to ignore them. However, sometimes it just gets too much. Why can't they just leave her alone?

As she's sitting under the tree, a group of Gryffindors approach her.

"Oh, look! It's the Emo Girl. Hey, Emo Girl. Have you written any depressing poems lately?" one of them jokes, making the others laugh.

She looks at the person questionably. "I don't write poems" she states.

Another one snorts. "Well, thank Merlin for that. They would probably be more depressing than death" he says.

Y/N sighs. "Please just leave me alone" she pleads.

A third one grabs her book. "Hey!" she exclaims, trying to get it back.

"Potions? How boring" they say, faking a yawn.

The other Gryffindors suddenly look scared to death. Confused, the person with her book looks behind only to copy their expression.

It's the Potions Master - Professor Snape. He's not looking happy.

"I suggest you hand Ms. Y/L/N's book back unless you wish to receive detention for the rest of the year" he warns.

Gulping, the boy immediately gives Y/N her book back. "Thanks" she mutters.

As Snape raises an eyebrow at the Gryffindors, the group leave in a hurry.

Y/N looks at her professor. "Thank you, sir" she says, hoping she's not blushing.

She has had a big crush on the Potions Master for a few years now, which might be why Potions is her favourite subject. She loves reading about it and learning new potions as well as new brewing techniques.

"You are welcome... Ms. Y/L/N, I have noticed how the other students have been treating you. If you ever need help, do know that I'm here to support you. I wouldn't want one of my brightest students to fail their studies because of such dunderheads bothering them" he states.