Regret (SS)

Introduction:
Y/N confesses her love to her best friend Severus in their last year of Hogwarts. There's just one problem - he likes Lily Evans. What will happen five years after he rejects her?

PS: This is a request from JeanTheBear here on Wattpad. Thank you for your request!

Word count: 1.5k

Published: 3/8/2022
———————————————

Author's note:
Important: From now on, I will only post a one shot once a week (every Sunday) regardless it being a regular one shot, TKOTD one shot or FWTPM one shot. Just so you are aware!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

TW: Angst - unrequited love and loss of friendship (it has a happy ending, though!)

It's Severus Snape's last year of Hogwarts. The thought makes him both relieved and sad.

He's relieved as that means he will never see Potter and his friends ever again. Well, at least he hopes so.

However, he's sad as that means he will never be able to see Lily Evans ever again.

Not only her, but also his best friend, Y/N Y/L/N - will they be able to keep in touch once they find jobs?

All these horrible years in this horrible school, one thing has made it tolerable - his friendship with Y/N.

She has always been there for him, especially when Lily left him. He's really grateful for that.

He's glad that he hasn't screwed up another friendship.

He's currently in the Potions classroom. He and Y/N are working together on brewing a potion.

However, Severus can't seem to concentrate as he keeps hearing Lily's laughter. It makes him angry yet sad as it's not him who's making her laugh, but Potter.

He sighs to himself. He loves the Gryffindor girl, but she clearly loves Potter. He has had many sleepless nights because of this.

His first friend, his first love.

He knows they can never be together as she doesn't love him back. She probably never has.

Unbeknownst to him, somebody does love him. And she's sitting right next to him, helping him with their potion.

Y/N sighs. She can't keep hiding her feelings. She has to tell him, she has to tell him today as they will leave Hogwarts forever in a few days.

Y/N is extremely nervous - she has a feeling that he won't like her back as he clearly likes Lily Evans.

But will he accept her unrequited love? Or will this ruin their friendship forever?

Once their lesson is done, Y/N and Severus are walking side by side as they are on their way to the common room.

She's fidgeting with her fingers. How will he react?

She takes a deep breath. It's now or never.

As they are by the entrance to the common room, Y/N clears her throat.

"Sev, can we talk?" she asks nervously.

Stopping in his tracks, Severus turns around to face her.

"I have something to tell you... You see, I like you. More than a friend" she confesses, biting her lip nervously.