Freeing the Enemy (Valtor)

Introduction:
After feeling left out by her own friends, Y/N, the seventh member of Winx Club, seeks refuge in Alfea's library. There, she finds a book with no title and decides to read it. It however changes her life forever.

This is a request from whimsical_ane. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 4/8/2023
———————————————

Author's note:
So sorry for the long delay🥲 I hope it's worth the wait!
———————————————

Word count: 2.6k
Warning: Feeling ignored and left out, falling in love with the enemy, lying and mentions of monsters

Y/N has never had it easy, especially not when it comes to friendship and love. However, being the seventh member of Winx Club, she does have friends. Yet she's often left out and forgotten, even by her own friends sometimes. Unintentionally, of course.

And they all have boyfriends except for her and Layla. And sometimes Musa, too - her and Riven aren't talking to each other lately.

Anyway, there is a reason why people seem to forget about Y/N or perhaps even ignore her - because she's different.

How is she different? Well, she's much more powerful than any other fairy in her year. And her appearance also makes her different - she has red eyes which seem to scare people. It even scares her professors sometimes which upsets the young fairy even more. She has tried to use magic to change the colour of her eyes, but it never lasts long enough.

Flora and Bloom are the ones of her friends who see her more. Y/N definitely appreciates it, but she just wishes that everybody would pay more attention to her and not be scared of her red eyes.

Right now, the Winx girls are having a conversation about boys. "Are you and Riven still not talking, Musa? Sky told me when we talked earlier" Bloom says as she looks at the Fairy of Music.

Musa huffs. "No, and I'm glad we aren't. I don't want to see him" she states, crossing her arms.

"That's a shame, really. Now both you and Layla don't have a guy you are seeing" Stella casually says, playing with a strand of her hair.

Hearing her words, Y/N's heart sinks to the floor. Stella left out her name.

She slowly rises up from her seat. "Excuse me, I just need to be alone for a minute" she mutters before leaving the room.

As she leaves, everybody glares at Stella. The Fairy of the Shining Sun shrugs. "What did I do?" she asks, not understanding what's wrong.

Tecna sighs. "You didn't mention Y/N. She doesn't have a boyfriend either, remember?" she reminds her.

Stella immediately facepalms herself. "Ugh, I totally forgot! I didn't mean to upset her" she says, sounding apologetic.

Layla sighs as well. "Honestly, we often leave her out... I feel quite bad" she admits. The other girls slowly nod, agreeing with her.

After a moment of silence, Flora decides to speak. "I think we should apologise to her and tell her how much she means to us" she suggests.

"I agree with Flora, we owe that to her" Bloom states, agreeing with the Fairy of Nature.

"Yeah, let's go, girls!" Musa exclaims, determined to cheer up her friend. All six of the girls then rise from their seats and search for their friend.

Meanwhile, the fairy in question has decided to go to the library to gather her thoughts. She didn't want to show her friends how upset she was, so she decided to seek refuge here.