The Arranged Marriage (SS)

Introduction:
The Dark Lord arranges Severus Snape's marriage as he wants the Half-blood to marry a Pureblood. Will Severus end up happy or miserable?

This is not a request. It's inspired by one of sevsnapes' posts on Tumblr.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 8/8/2022 ———————————————

Word count: 2.7k
Warning: Forced marriage

All the Death Eaters are gathered in Malfoy Manor, sitting around the long dinner table. They are waiting for the Dark Lord to enter the room so the meeting can start.

Severus is sitting across from the Malfoy family. He looks at his friend Lucius, trying to get any hint if the man knows what the meeting is about. He's however disappointed as he notices the confused look on the blonde-haired man's face. He has no clue either.

When they hear the familiar sound of a snake, they all divert their attention towards the door. The Dark Lord enters, his snake slithering next to him. He takes his seat and starts the meeting.

"Welcome, my friends. I have summoned you as I have an utmost important announcement to make," he starts.

Everybody looks confused - what important announcement? Are they going to kidnap the Potter boy?

"You see, I have come to the conclusion that my followers who aren't Purebloods must associate with the right kind. They must associate with Purebloods. Friendship isn't enough, however - they must marry them. That will ensure their loyalty to the cause, as well as their future heir's purity" he declares.

Severus tries not to show any emotions. Inside, he's shocked. He's a Half-blood, which means...

"As you all know, only one of you is a Half-blood. Severus," the Dark Lord hisses as he looks at the dark-haired man.

"My Lord?" Severus asks, hoping he won't go through with this. He refuses to marry anyone, especially a snobbish Pureblood. Besides, no one would marry him willingly.

"Fear not, you do not have to find one yourself. I have already found you a suitable partner" the Dark Lord tells him.

That surprises Severus. Has he chosen for him? Is he really going to force someone to marry him?

He quietly sighs to himself. Great, he's going to spend the rest of his life with someone who hates him. They are probably going to kill each other before they can even think of getting a divorce...

"You are going to marry Y/N Y/L/N" the Dark Lord declares, gesturing to the woman in question.

Severus looks towards her - Y/N Y/L/N. She's a rather quiet Death Eater. He doesn't think he has ever heard her talk.

She's the same age as him - he remembers that they went to Hogwarts together. Same year, same House, yet they never exchanged a word.

He notices that her face is flustered. He frowns. She's embarrassed, disgusted... She's going to be miserable with him.

He almost wants to protest, to tell the Dark Lord that he cannot do this. For some reason, he feels bad for the woman. She could do so much better, yet she's forced to marry him. He however decides against it. He will only get punished if he does.

"I trust you are satisfied with your partner, Severus?" the Dark Lord questions, breaking the uncomfortable silence in the room.

Severus clears his throat. "Of course, my Lord. Thank you" he decides to say.

"Very well. You will get married tomorrow evening. As it is the summer, you must spend the entire holiday together in order to get to know each other before the new term starts. I will know if you are away from each other. Dismissed" the Dark Lord hisses.