Comforting Him (LM)

Introduction:
Lucius has lately had many nightmares. Y/N wants to comfort him - and as it's Christmas soon, she decides to give him a surprise or two.

This is a request from Sevsnapes on Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy! Merry Christmas🎅🏻

Published: 12/25/2023
———————————————

Word count: 1.3k
Warning: Nightmares, fear of abandonment and mentions of death

Lucius jolts up in bed, trying to regain his breathing. It's the middle of the night, and he just woke up from a nightmare. He has lately had many of those - nightmares about his father, nightmares about Azkaban, nightmares about the Dark Lord...

It's been almost a year since the war ended and the Boy Who Lived won, but Lucius still lives in fear. What if he will be back? What if he will punish him?

He returns back to reality when a hand gently grabs his. It's his girlfriend, Y/N Y/L/N. They have been together for six months now. After Lucius lost his wife Narcissa thanks to the war, he never thought he would be happy again. But he did when he met the woman who's currently next to him in bed, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Are you okay, Luci?" she gently asks.

"Yes..." Lucius replies, barely above a whisper.

Y/N has a worried look on her face. "Another nightmare?" she questions, having noticed him waking up in the middle of the night and barely getting any sleep.

He sighs. "Another nightmare" he admits, looking away with shame. He however relaxes when he feels her arms wrapping around him.

"Don't worry, Lucius. I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere" she comforts him, kissing his cheek. Lucius sighs again, though this time from relief.

"And thank Salazar for that" he says, humming while kissing up and down her arms. She giggles.

As she looks outside the window revealing that it's still dark, she spots a few snowflakes. She's suddenly reminded that it's December soon - which means Christmas time! She then gets an idea or two that will certainly cheer up her boyfriend.
______________________________

Today is the first of December. Lucius rolls in bed, yawning before opening his eyes. To his disappointment, all that meets his eyes is an empty spot next to him. Y/N must have gone to work without waking him up first...

Sighing, he lets his arm slide down to the empty spot. It's still a bit warm... She didn't leave that long ago.

He raises an eyebrow in confusion when he finds a piece of parchment under her pillow. His heart suddenly starts to beat fast from fear. Could she have left him for good?

He grabs the parchment with shaky hands and starts reading the letter. He quickly sighs in relief, all worries gone in an instant. This is no goodbye letter... She merely wanted him to know that she overslept and had to hurry to work.

As he keeps reading, something certainly gets his attention - Y/N has decided to play Santa's little helper and will each day until Christmas hide a small present for him to find. If there's something this man loves more than spending money, it's receiving gifts... And a gift every day from the person he loves? He simply cannot resist that!

He's quickly on his feet, peeking around to see if he can catch a glimpse of a present. He however gets impatient and decides to cheat.

"Accio present" he says out loud.

As nothing happens, he smirks to himself. What a clever witch... making sure he can't cheat, huh?

Chuckling, he decides to play by the rules and starts looking for the present. It takes him a good while, but he does find it before she gets home.