If Only He Listened Pt. 2 (LM & daughter! reader)

Introduction:
It's a year after Y/N Malfoy died during the Battle of Hogwarts. Lucius, Narcissa and Draco visit her grave. They are however surprised to see other people paying their respects to her.

This is a request from alinaanders246. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 2/3/2023 ———————————————

Word count: 1.3k
Warning: Angst (death and regret), however a somewhat happy ending!

Today is the anniversary. It's been a year since the Dark Lord was defeated by the Boy Who Lived in the Battle of Hogwarts. It's also been a year since Y/N Malfoy died. Naturally, this day saddens her family. Especially her father - Lucius Malfoy feels sorrow and regret every single day. And especially today.

A week after it happened, the Malfoys had been keeping a low profile. They eventually got caught, but it didn't even matter to Lucius. It was his fault that he no longer had his daughter. It was his fault that she died. He felt empty inside.

He promised himself that if they chose to lock him up in Azkaban again, he wouldn't fight for his freedom. Because that's where he belongs - he deserves to die in that horrible place.

To the Malfoy family's surprise, the Ministry wasn't going to send them to Azkaban. Because of Narcissa's decision to lie to the Dark Lord, they were able to live freely. However, they had to show that they had changed. The Ministry took away their wands and made them live in a Muggle area for six months.

Lucius felt that he didn't deserve to roam around freely, but he did his very best to change. And he did. He did it for her - his daughter. She changed him.

When they got back their wands, the rich family decided to be of good use. They decided to use all their many rooms of Malfoy Manor to rent out to people who needed a place to stay. They also decided to be the first wizards to pay house elves for their work. Not only would they be cleaning and cooking food for the family, they would also be cooking for the people who rented the rooms.

Their good behaviour didn't go unnoticed in the Wizarding World, especially not by Harry Potter. And Hermione Granger, of course. She was thrilled that the house elves finally got paid for serving wizarding families.

Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy have since then made truce. You could even say that they have become friends.

Everything seems to go well for the Malfoy family, but the same can't be said about Lucius. His mental health has certainly been better. He truly misses his daughter. He hopes that she would forgive him if she was alive.

Now, a year later, the three Malfoys are headed to where Y/N is buried. They don't say a single word to each other as they slowly walk towards the graveyard.

Lucius can't help but think about her death. Draco told them how she died when they were pardoned by the Ministry. Y/N saved a first-year student from the Killing Curse by one of the Death Eaters. She jumped right in front of him, saving his life.

When Lucius heard that, he had to wipe away his tears. He swore to never go back to his old ways. From now on, he will do anything to stop wars from happening.

As they arrive at the graveyard, they don't expect to meet anybody there. They are surprised to see a whole group of people gathered around her grave, paying respect. Lucius notices teachers and students from Hogwarts. He also notices Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and the Weasley family.

When the Malfoys walk towards the grave, everybody turns to look at them. Harry Potter slowly approaches. "I'm so sorry for your loss, Mr. Malfoy. Y/N was a good person" he states.