CHAPTER 41

Dreea's POV

I sighed as we watch Sarang play with another kid called Min Soo, they were building a sand castle and talking about who-knows what.

"Why does she call me eomma?" I asked Chanyeol, we haven't really talked since we came here except when we played with Sarang a while ago.

He smiled affectionately while looking at the kid.

"Sarang is... Special... She is extremely cute and she has a really kind heart, she is only four years old but this kid is really intelligent and has a wise way of thinking" I smiled when I heard him talk about her like that, he really cares about her, maybe his hatred for girls only apply for the grown-up?

His expression turned bitter "her parents abandoned her just a few weeks after she was born and they were killed in an alley two years later, the police discovered they were Sarang's parents when they did the autopsy"

I looked at her, and here I thought my life was difficult in my childhood, she has gone through a lot a she is just four years-old.

He continued speaking "Sarang... She has heart problems, it has been failing her since she was born and that's the reason her parents left her. She's a fighter, the doctor said she would last a year at the most but look at her now, she has lived three extra years and she tries to do everything other kids can. She once talked to me about her illness and I asked her if she was scared of dying but she just told me that she was not because God planned this for her and she knows she'll be an angel when her time comes, she is aware that she'll die and her mature little self accepts it and tries to live her life the best way she can"

I looked at the sky to prevent my tears from falling.

"And one of her care-takers told me no one wanted her because of her illness, they want a healthy kid and Sarang's kindness isn't enough for them so they just choose another kid. Sarang has hopes on finding someone to be her parents so I just told her to call me daddy, she says she wants to spend the last days of her life with her parents"

"Mommyyy~ I'm hungry!" she shouted as she came towards me, she jumped and I carried her in my arms while Chanyeol called Min Soo.

We all headed to where everyone was at and we joined them in a large room, we all sat down and started eating, Kyungsoo and Kai had prepared Kimchi, Bibimbap, Jangyamyun and rice. It was heaven, as expected from a guy that owns a chain of restaurants.

Sarang sat between me and Chanyeol and the both of us served her food, she was a really lovely girl and she kept talking about what she had been playing recently and everything she has done this last months the guys hadn't visited.

"Eomma, appa has said a lot of things about you and he sounds sooo in love with mommy... He has described the perfect girl and you fit with it perfectly"

Chanyeol started coughing and accidentally spat his water, everyone looked at us and laughed a bit at him, I joined them but they all went back to their own business after he gave them a glare when he recovered his breathing, thankfully the kids didn't care about it and just giggled.

Sarang chuckled "daddy is just shy..."

He laughed "of course I am, mommy makes me like this always, she's amazing, isn't she how I told you she was? Ani, isn't she better?"

Thud, thud, thud...

I tried to hide my blush by drinking a cup of water.

When we finished eating we played a game to decide on who was going to wash the dishes and it was Kai and Tao, but because Kai had helped with the food and glared at the grown-up guys Kris and Sehun ended up helping Tao.