CHAPTER 57

Dreea's POV

What?

"W-what do you mean by that Lulu?"

He had a sad expression all over his face "I am letting you go Dree and I called off our engagement, I already talked to our parents, they understood"

I was shocked "but why? Lulu did I do something wrong?"

He shook his head "of course you didn't. Look Dreea, I know you don't feel the same way as I do and we can't force ourselves to marry each other"

"But I told you I would try to love you, there's still time"

He caressed my cheek "you can't force your heart to love someone, it's something that happens naturally Dreea, you never liked me and you won't"

"I did like you... Before you left us"

He smiled sadly, I think he was trying not to cry, but I knew him too well.

"Then it will be easier for me to let you go, it makes me happy that at least for some time I was the one you liked and I should let you go before I get hurt even more, I think it's not our destiny to be together like this, there's someone else waiting for you"

Someone else?

I think my brain hadn't processed all this, I didn't find any tears.

"Do you remember that you owe me something?"

I nodded.

"Please open your heart to someone else and let yourself love him, when you do don't let him go and be happy"

"I will" I said before hugging him, I didn't know exactly how I was feeling right now, there were too many mixed emotions. I was grateful, sad and relieved at the same time, Luhan has always been so good to me, why didn't my heart follow him anymore?

He released me from the hug and took out something from his pocket.

My necklace.

"H-how did you get it? I lost it in Jeju"

He flicked my forehead gently "I told you not to lose it Dree. We promised each other that we would be best friends forever and I won't break that promise" he went behind me and put it around my neck before turning me around.

"Thank you for letting me be able to call you mine for the last few months. Do me a favor and don't be awkward when you are with me because of this, let's talk and behave the way we usually do but now as the best buddies on Earth, okay? And don't lose this necklace again because if you do I won't let you sleep until you find it"

I noticed his eyes were becoming glassy and I hugged him again "thank you Luhan for being the amazing person you are and for staying always there for me, our friendship will last forever and that's a given, I'm sorry for not being able to return feelings"

Luhan's POV

It hurts me to do this, it really does but her happiness is more important to me and I will make her happy by being what we have always been, best friends. 

I want to hit myself for coming late.

I know there's something going on between Chanyeol and Dreea but both of them are too dense to notice it and I was becoming an obstacle.

He has been there for her every time she had it difficult since the day she arrived to Korea, he mistreated her, yes, but when she needed someone he was there for her even though he was trying to push her away and we already know the reason for that, I had the feeling that he didn't really hate her after that picture project we had but everything made sense when he explained everything two days ago.