Chapter 108 - Holiday Decisions

Over the last few weeks Kara, Lena and Alura have had much discussion, and debate, over where they should go on their holiday. Although the debate mostly came from Alura's side, with the 5-year-old refusing to make a compromise. Kara and Lena were very keen to go to a beach, and just relax there, but Alura wanted to go to Disney World, and go on all the rides, and generally have a bunch of fun. However, Lena was not too keen on going to Disney World, because this was going to be one of the rare occasions where she actually takes a vacation, so she certainly did not want to spend it walking miles a day around amusement parks. Lena wants to have a vacation to relax. This disagreement between Lena and Alura led to many debates between the two, although it never turned into arguments or yelling. The mother and daughter just were both trying to convince the other about why the should, or shouldn't, go to each of the places on holiday. Meanwhile, Kara was very much trying to keep out of it, because she knows that she will be happy going anywhere, plus she didn't want to take sides between Lena and Alura, despite the several occasions where the two tried to get her to pick a side.

For Lena, she wanted them to spend a few weeks in Hawaii, where they could spend some time on a private beach that she planned to rent out, and also spend time just exploring the wilderness and beauty of the island of Honolulu. Lena even tried to intrigue Kara to side with her by suggesting that they could spend some time checking out some of the sites where the Jurassic Park films were filmed, with Lena knowing that Kara is a sucker of dinosaurs. This, of course, made Kara very intrigued on visiting Hawaii, but she still didn't want to pick sides. For Alura, she wanted them to go to Disney World because it had the most amount of Disney parks, with her claiming they would have so much to do, and wouldn't get bored. Alura even tried to convince Kara by telling her about all the yummy food they sell in Disney World, including their famous turkey legs. Of course, Kara was very interested by this, her daughter knowing that a good way to schmooze her is through her stomach. But just like with Lena's sightseeing suggestion, Kara stayed firm in being neutral.

Ultimately, after almost a week and a half of discussion on the topic, Lena finally was the one to give into Alura, with a condition. Lena made a deal with Alura that they could go to Disney World, but it would only be for one of the two weeks of their vacation. The second week of their vacation would be spent on a beach, just north of Miami, instead of Hawaii. Despite Lena's preference being to go to Hawaii, she didn't want to have to waste a whole day travelling from Florida to Hawaii, and then setting up in a new place, in a different time zone. So, Lena decided that they would just stay in Florida as it would be easier that way, and they'd spend less time travelling. Of course as soon as Alura heard this she celebrated in victory, happy that they would actually be going to Disney World. Then as Lena witnessed Alura celebrate, and run about their penthouse so excited, the CEO couldn't help but grow a smile on her face, even if it wasn't going to be her first-choice holiday.

Also, over the last few weeks Alex has spent a lot more time with Kelly, bringing Sam to meet her as well. Alex knew that she couldn't just leave Kelly without any support, and on some level she felt guilty about the position Kelly is in, even if she doesn't think James' death is her fault. So, to help Kelly, Sam and Alex encouraged the woman to make a decision on her life as to what she wants to do next, and that began with where she wants to live. During this process Alex and Sam found out that Kelly does have a job in Metropolis working for the military, but she doesn't want to go back to it, because she doesn't think she can handle the violence anymore. So, Sam then suggested that maybe Kelly should move to National City. Kelly was surprised by Sam suggesting that, shocked that the girlfriend of the woman she threatened wanted her in the same city as her. But Alex and Sam both assured Kelly that they would be fine with her staying in National City, and maybe they could all be friends one day. So, Kelly made the decision to remain in National City, and got herself her own apartment, while also finding a new therapist.