Chapter 10

***Follow me guys and vote****

"I'm very good with faces once I see them I never forget one,"

What do his words mean? I look at him with confused, afraid eyes. In return, he just flashed me his cocky smile. Doing that he turned and walked out of the room leaving me stunned behind. I bit my lower lip thinking if he knew about my identity or he was just playing with me. His behaviour was making me so confused. I don't think he knows my identity, he is just trying to threaten me like that day. He will never see my face without a mask and sunglasses. Before It happens, I will make sure to kick him to another branch where he can go and suck their blood.

With a determined mind, I walked out of the empty meeting room with files In my hand. To execute my plan I first need to talk with Zanvil. I went to my office and kept all the files related to the meeting then walked back to Zanvil's office. Standing in front of his office I took a deep breath. Now or never. I know I'm backing down from my responsibility but I need to do it for the peace of my mind. I knocked on his door.

"Come in" I heard his faint voice asking me to enter.

"Zanvil I want to talk with abo---" I said those words as soon as I entered his office without realising he had the company of none other than his demon cousin. Listening to my words both of them looked at me, making me shut my mouth as I felt two pairs of intimidating eyes on me.

"I will come after some time," I said and was about to excuse myself when the green-eyed demon opened his mouth.

"No come in, we were just talking about you," he said, making me look at him with raised eyebrows.

About me! What were they talking about me?

"Yes, I was telling Skylar how much I trust you and you are so efficient with the work I trust you" Zanvil praised me, making my cheeks burn red. He never does that in front of me. It was a rare occasion and I felt proud of myself after hearing praise from his mouth. I was smiling like an idiot behind the mask but I stopped smiling as realisation fell on me. Dang, now I can't tell him I can't do the partner company thing he trusted me with. I don't want my praise to turn into a curse on the same day. I think today it's not the day for me. I will tell him tomorrow and explain to him properly so he won't think I'm backing away from my responsibility. I was still in my thoughts when I heard an annoying cocky voice.

"I was telling him to find me the same secretary as you or else Zanvil, why don't you send Miss.Smith to me until I find a new secretary," Skyler said, looking at me with a grin on his face, passing the vibes of uneasiness.

"What," I said in my shocked voice, making Zanvil look at me.

"I--l mean I can't you know how much paperwork is left here as you are busy with your marriage preparation and become CEO in the same month," I said in my shuttering voice while trying to reason. Listening to my shuttering the amusement again flashed in green orbs making me nervous. I was feeling panic rise in me.

"Don't worry I won't send you to him?" Zanvil said while chuckling, making me puff out the air out of my mouth as I took a deep breath in relief. I was so busy saving myself that I failed to notice that the man sitting across from him was monitoring my every movement with his green orbs. It made me compose my emotions.

"Interesting" I heard him mumbling those words while his eyes were still looking at me.

"Excuse me," I said while looking at him, daring him to repeat what he said.

"Don't mind me, you can continue your important talk you were about to do with my cousin," he said leisurely while resting his back more in his seat while moving his eyes all over my face with mischief in his eyes. I looked at Zanvil but he shrugged looking at me.