Chapter 119

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

What is cooking in his evil mind?

I bit my lower lip when I saw he had left the door open for me. I contemplate whether I should go or not. I don't know what he is planning. I don't want to go back to his room after what happened today. My body shivered in sweet fear. I can't let that happen again. But Neil won't sleep without me. I can do one thing. Once Neil sleeps, I can come back to my room with him. Yeah, I can do that instead of sleeping a night in the same bed. I had made up my mind, and with that mindset, I walked to my room. I washed my face and let my hair down from my messy burn. My scalp breathed in relief as soon as I did it. Once I was done, I walked into his room with caution. I found both father and son sprawled on the bed. Skyler had a storybook in his hand. He was reading it to him, and Neil was listening to him with droopy eyes. It looked like I didn't need to wait long. Once he sleeps, I will take him to my room. I sighed deeply and walked to them.

"Mama, come to bed," Neil said while moving his little body to make space for me on the big bed. I smiled, looking at him. I ignored Skyler's gaze and lay down beside him. I moved Neil's baby hair away from his forehead as Skyler continued telling him bedtime stories. He kept listening to the story with droopy eyes. Soon, he fell asleep.

"He likes this Peppa Pig bedtime story very much," Skyler said while closing the book.

"Hmm," I hummed, still patting my sleeping son.

"I asked him who he likes the most in the story, and he said Daddy Pig," Skyler said, and I stopped patting Neil's back.

"When are we going to talk to him?" he asked me in his hushed tone, not wanting to wake up our sleeping son. I swallowed hard. I don't know the answer to that question. I don't know how he will react if he learns that Skyler is his father. He has been attached to him as his friend because he plays with him. What if he gets even more fond of him and gets more attached to him, or what if the complete opposite happens? I had my fears. I was lost in my thoughts. He covered my hand, which was on his back, bringing me out of my thoughts. I lifted my eyes and looked at him.

"You know we have to do it soon. I want him to call me dad, just as he calls you mama. I have already lost four years of his life. I don't want to lose more," he said with longing in his voice. I swallowed hard and took a deep breath. I know he wants me to be in his life as his dad and not just as his friend who plays with him. I nodded my head, yes.

"We will talk with him soon," I whispered while lowering my eyes. I don't know what else to say. I was feeling so overwhelmed. I pushed the lump of emotions down my throat and intended to lift my sleeping, Neil.

"What are you doing?" he asked when he saw me lifting him.

"I'm going back to my room. He is asleep now; we don't need to stay here," I said quietly with my eyes still lowered.

"Both of you are going nowhere. From now on, both of you will sleep here with me," he said in his firm yet hushed tone, not letting me lift Neil. His words made me look up at him with sharp eyes.

"We will not," I said sternly, not ready to follow him.

"Hazel, don't argue with me. We will talk about this tomorrow. Now sleep before we wake him up," he said while taking my name and pointing at our sleeping son. Neil shifted in his sleep, making me alert. I started patting him immediately. He becomes cranky if his sleep is disturbed. I glared at his father and laid down on the bed with Neil in between us. Skyler shifted to a comfortable position. He kept looking at us. I was trying my best to ignore him. My eyes started to drop after some time, and I don't know when they closed on their own as fatigue took over. I drifted into slumber. I felt small movements after some time, but I didn't open my eyes. I felt a strong, muscular hand draping over my waist. My back was pressed against the hard, warm chest, which made me shoot open my eyes. I lifted my head to see where Neil was. He was sleeping peacefully beside him, with pillows around him so he wouldn't fall. I averted my sleepy eyes from my sleeping son and looked at his father.