Chapter 23

!!!Sorry guys I couldn't update sooner I'm sick!!!
!!!Follow me and vote!!!

Adding one more thing to his threatening list. 

I slipped down from the kitchen island and stomped my feet in annoyance. 

"What he thinks of himself is to order me around like that.  Not his slave nor his employ" I huffed in annoyance as I stamped my feet in more annoyance. I walked into my bedroom with still angry feet. I decided to change first. I took out my comfortable pyjama set to wear. It was my holiday wear at home. I was butting up against my shirt murmuring under my breath about his dominating behaviour while looking at myself in the mirror. My eyes widened in anger as my hands stopped buttoning my shirt and moved to my neck where an angry red bite mark was. A gas of horror left my mouth as I moved my shirt and ford more similar marks on my neck where he had kissed me. 

"How dare he leave such marks on my body without me knowing," I said in anger as I fisted my hands on the sink. I bit my lower lip in irritation I felt towards him. I got out of my bathroom in anger and grabbed my cell phone. I called him breathing anger. His phone ranged and he picked up the call after two rings as I kept tapping my toe impatiently. 

"Already missing me Miss.Smith," he said arrogantly from the other side of the phone as soon as he picked up the call. 

"How dare you leave those ugly marks on my body without me knowing," I said angrily as I wanted to pull his hair for doing this to me. 

"You finally noticed them," he said mockingly, blood boiling in anger. 

"Next time I will let you know before I put my marks on you," he said cockily, making me want to get inside the phone and punch him. I imagine him smirking on the phone while saying it. Over my dead body, I will let him do that to me again. 

"If you come in front of me I will--," I said in anger but before I could complete my sentence he talked. 

"What? Kiss me senselessly" he said again quickly making me close and open my eyes in annoyance as he was turning this conversation the way he wanted to be. 

"Ugh," I said in pure madness and cut the call before he could reply and threw my phone on the bed as I pulled my hair back to calm myself. I heard him laughing as I did that. God this man always makes me lose my calm. Whenever I talked with him he turned me into an active volcano. My cell phone rang again but I didn't take it. I don't want to see or hear his voice for the rest of my life if possible. I again decide to watch something to distract me from all the unwanted things going on in my life. My phone rang many times but I didn't receive it. I took my phone only when I was done watching two whole series. There were many missed calls from him which I ignored. I opened the message I received from my boss. 

He had informed me that his family and he were going on a two-day picnic at their farmhouse so I was in charge of handling all the important calls. I will happily do it for him after all he needs a break too after working like a mad man for the past months. I texted him back saying he should enjoy his leave as I will handle everything in his absence. There was nothing much to handle as it was the weekend. Wait a minute Zanvil said his family is going on a picnic. It means his demon cousin is going to. My doubts cleared when I read the messages I had received from none other than his demon cousin. Stop ignoring my calls. If you don't want to face the outcome of this tale, my calls. I won't let this slide this time. Once I come back I will teach you a lesson. I already warned you. A shiver ran through my body as I read his message. 

"Whatever I won't let you teach me a lesson," I said courageously as he was away from here and he couldn't do anything to me. I didn't reply to his text and decided to enjoy the rest of the weekend. After some time I searched on the net about how to make the ugly marks go away from my neck. My eyes widened as I read what those ugly marks are called. 

Love bites! 

Hickey! 

"Yuck, so stupid name. They should change it to ugly marks'' I mumbled under my breath as I closed my laptop. I climbed down from my bed and went to the kitchen to get some ice to put on the ugly marks. They are formed by the use of blood clotting so icing it will make them go away. I put some ice in a cloth and pressed it to my neck to make them go. It stung a bit but I kept pressing it until my skin became numb with my fingers. The ugly marks were fine but they were still there. I decided to ice it again before going to sleep. 

I had nothing much to do now so I decided to cook dinner for myself. I decided to make chicken pasta with garlic bread. I was busy preparing my dinner when my phone rang again. I took it to receive it but let it ring as I saw the caller id. He was calling me again. I put my cell phone on mute and continued making my dinner. After eating my dinner I iced the ugly marks again making them fade more. I was happy with the result. I went to sleep in a happy mood. I was having a great sleep when I had a nightmare where my whole body was filled with ugly marks as he was smirking at me showing his long sharp fangs like a vampire. Blood was dripping from them. 

"I warned you," he said evilly as I was chained to the bed that we saw at the home centre. I woke up in the middle of the night dreaming in a cold sweat. He can't even let me be alone in my sleep. After that nightmare, I was not able to sleep peacefully as it kept repeating in front of my eyes the rest of the night. The next day I woke up feeling gloomy. To distract me I decided to clean the house so I would get tired and sleep at night. Today I received his call but I didn't take it. 

What does he even want to talk to me about? 

I huffed in annoyance as I kept cleaning the house. In the afternoon I called mom and talked with her. As I had thought I was fully exhausted. I had my dinner and went to sleep not before I icing the ugly marks. Now they have completely faded away but there are still small spots left. I had the next day off too as Zanvil was not at the office so I had decided to sleep till late. I woke up in the morning but after breakfast, I slept again as I don't even have much time left to sleep. But when I opened my eyes again a gasp of horror left my mouth as I saw forest green eyes looking down at me. 

"Missed me, Miss.Smith"

______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Read in Early access tier 1
Hate War complete book
Flames of Lie complete.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 38
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 79

Early access tier 2
All the above books &
New book The Bride of Last Dragon.

Early access tier 3
All the above books and The Litte Bride 5 chapters every week.

For more information go to my Patreon page.

Search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I need your support guys.

Now me Bluedragon95 sign off we will meet guys at the next update. Till then have fun guys, and be safe.

Thank you.

Vote, comment, share and don't forget to follow me, guys.