Chapter 81

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

My small world shook, making me take drastic steps in my life. 

I still remember the day I came to know I was pregnant. I had lost all my hopes after losing my love. I was all alone, just breathing like a corpse. I could not eat or drink properly. My mother tried to ask me so many times, but I was never able to tell her what happened to me. It pained me every time I tried to explain. I could tell she was in pain too by looking at my broken heart. She somehow understood my situation, and after that day, she never questioned me. But everyone changed when I lost consciousness. I still remember so clearly what the doctor told me that day. 

She told me it's hard to conceive on pills but not impossible, and I was gifted with a new life in me. I should take care of it. When we returned home, I locked myself in my room and cried for hours and hours with my hands wrapped around my flat stomach. My mother barged in when I refused to eat. She asked me if I wanted a child or not. Never in my wildest dream could I think of aborting my life. It was my flesh and blood. How could I even bring that thought up in my mind? Finally, I had something that was mine and would stay with me forever and never abandon me. I know my mother would have never expected me to come back home pregnant. She was the woman who went to church and followed all the rules. I knew she was ashamed of me. I don't know what to say or how to convince her. 

What if she asked me to abort my child? 

When I moved my head in, she smiled at me and told me to get out of bed and eat because I was now going to eat for two. She supported me when I was so alone in my life. The next day my brother came, and he was as happy as my mother. I had a complicated pregnancy. The doctor told me to stay happy and eat healthy after seeing how my health had deteriorated. I did my best to keep myself happy and healthy throughout the day, but every night I would ask myself one question before going to sleep. How would Skyler react if he came to know we were having a baby? Will he accept our child and give him his father's love? I know how hard it is to live your life when you have no father. I lost my father at a very young age, and I still crave his hug even now. This thought made me cry myself to sleep every night. Still, somehow I came up from this and tried to be strong. It was all new for me. I did my best and tried to forget about things that don't matter now. Things between us were over for good. He must be living a happy life, spending nights in different women's beds. Why should I stay like this? 

I deserve to be happy too. 

I gave birth, and we were all happy in our small world with our little Neil. I was happy with whatever it had. But everything changed six months ago when Neil fell while he was chasing a puppy. We rushed him to the hospital where my brother worked. And when the doctor told me what was wrong with my son, my whole world crumbled. My baby was suffering from an atrial septal defect. It was a very new term for me, but then he explained it. Neil has a hole in his heart by birth, and that's what made me collapse from running. He explained that it's a very common birth defect found in babies. He told me it can be cured with open heart surgery, but the cost of surgery is too high. I couldn't stop crying when I heard that. My baby was suffering, and I couldn't do anything to ease his pain. I blamed myself. I cried so much during my pregnancy because of my broken heart, which affected his heart. I could never forgive myself. 

Tears fell out of my eyes looking at my sleeping son. I wipe the warm tears falling from the corner of my eyes. He is my world. I can't lose him. I will die before something happens to him. in the search to collect money for his surgery. That's how I ended up becoming a stripper to save my child. I dance in front of strangers' lusty eyes to get money for my son. I have been saving money for his open heart surgery, and I will do anything to see him healthy again. I will leave this job once I have enough money for his medication and surgery. I kept gazing at the sleeping face of my son until sleep and exhaustion pulled me in. The next day, I woke up feeling tickled. A smile formed on my face because I knew who it was. Every day, he wakes me up like this. I heard a small giggle as he tried to wake me up. When I opened my eyes, I saw him getting back into place and closing his eyes, pretending to be asleep. It was my turn to tickle him now. His giggles fill the room, brightening my day.