Chapter 80

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"Yes, baby, mamma is home."

His small hands hugged me tightly, not letting me go. I felt so full and contained in his small embrace. After all, this is my world, and nothing matters to me more than him. Only because of him am I still breathing and waking up every day. He is the light of my life and the air I breathe to live in this cruel world. I carried him to the living room in my arms without breaking our hug.

"Did you miss Mamma?" I asked in a baby voice while kissing his crown.

"I missed you so much, mamma," he said while hugging me even tighter. It made me smile. I sat on the couch with him.

"How much?" I asked him with wiggling eyebrows while making him sit on my lap.

"This is so much," he said while opening his small arms and spreading them as wide as he could. A smile formed on my face, and I hugged him again. My baby. I broke the hug and pushed his brown hair back from his forehead. He looked at me with his doe-like, forest-green eyes as I did that. I suddenly halted for a few seconds. Those forest-green eyes reminded me so much of him. I immediately discarded that, though. It has been an untouchable topic for me for the past four years.

"Here he is. I have been searching for him all over the place, and he is here on his mama's lap," my mother said with narrowed eyes while looking at my son. He imminently hid his face in my chest while giggling. My poor mother looked exhausted and worried after searching for him all over the house.

"Neil, how many times have I told you not to be around Nana?" I said it in a firm but not overly harsh tone of voice.

"Sorry, Nana," he said adorably while grabbing both of his earlobes.

"How can I be mad at him?" My mother sighed deeply while moving her head. She gave in as soon as he said that. Yes, it was true; we can't stay mad at him for long. He charms you with his cuteness every time. I smile at him. Like me, my mother's life revolves around him. She is the one who takes care of him when I'm at work.

"Mamma, did you bring the ice cream?" he asked in his cute baby voice while looking at me with his big, hopeful, forest green eyes.

"Ice cream, oh my God, I forgot it," I said with a sad face. I moved the bag behind me to hide it.

"But you promised," he said in his cute little baby voice while pushing his lower lip out. I made sure not to laugh, looking at how his cheeks fell.

"Do you still love mamma?" I asked while copying him and pushing out my lower lip. He nodded at me even though he was sad.

"How much?" I asked again, and he again opened his arms to show me, making me smile looking at him.

"Stop teasing my poor baby. Now go and freshen up. After that, we will eat dinner and then ice cream together," my mother said, taking him from my lap and a bag of ice cream from my back. "Ice cream!" my son shouted in pure joy, looking at his favourite chocolate ice cream. He hugged the packet. I moved my head in amusement. Sometimes I think he loves ice cream more than his mother. Mom carried him to the small dining table. I stood up from my seat and went to take a shower in my room. I needed one very badly. I took a quick shower because I was hungry. Dressed in my pyjamas, I walked to the dining table and saw Neil eating ice cream.

"Mom, why did you give him the ice cream before dinner?" I asked her while taking my seat at the table.

"He already ate his dinner. I fed him mashed potatoes and vegetables with chicken," my mother informed me while putting the food on the table. Only because of my mom could I raise my son in my busy life. We ate dinner with me telling my mom about my office work. My mother doesn't know I work at strip clubs, so I never bring it up. Her health is already deteriorating, and I don't want to give her a heart attack. We eat dinner together, with me telling her about my day and then her telling me about her day. The food my mother makes is the best.