Chapter 28

***Follow me and vote***

"I'm ready to be his stolen Secretary"

"I'm happy you made the right decision. I knew you won't disappoint me" he said with a smile on his face. "You have to start working there for tomorrow" he put the bomb on me. 

"What from tomorrow but how. I still have too much to do here" I protested not wanting to leave this soon. 

"Don't worry about it. It will be taken care of. You just started working with him tomorrow and remember if you have any trouble just let me know. I will do my best and pull my cousin's strings to make him behave" he said with a smirk on his face as if would enjoy pulling his string. I just slumped back in my seat not knowing what will happen to me once I start working for him. He had made my life enough hell by lingering in it but now he is going to be there all the time. My head started to ache as I thought about it. The more I thought about it, the more it ached. I took off my glasses and rubbed my eyes. 

"Haze, don't stress so much. It's not your first time working for a difficult man. You were not willing to work with me in the beginning but see how well we worked together" he said in his confident voice while looking at me with an assuring smile on his face. His words made me open my eyes and wear back my glasses again. 

"You were supportive and sorted with me but things are different with him. He is so unpredictable and it makes my head hurt more" I said in my stressed voice as I looked at him. My words made his face clad with a known look as he understood what I wanted to say. 

"I know it will be little for you in the starting bit. I'm sure you will handle this responsibility well. I trust you" he said with a smile on his face trying to cheer me up. I don't know if I would be able to do it or not but looking at his confidence gave me some too. There was no use in crying on spilled milk. I had already agreed to do it. I gave him a small nod with a faint smile on my face. We hear a knock on the door. 

"See, coffee is here. Have it and just relax" he said with an encouraging smile making me exhale as I had decided to take his advice. 

"Come in," he said in his boss's voice. I looked at him with furrowed eyes as his tone changed from relaxed to a grim strict one. He may look like an intimidating person from the outside but he is good from the inside. He doesn't talk like this with any of his employees. Who is this person? My wait was over as that person walked Inside the office. It was none other than Jane, his wife. Now I know the reason behind his tone. She walked in with two cups of coffee in her hands. I immediately stood up from my seat and walked toward her to take the tray from her hands. She gave me a faint smile as I could see sweat droplets forming on her face because of all the ruining. 

"Zanvil, why did you ask Jane to bring coffee? She had her duty on the other side of the building" I asked while looking at him with my narrowed glaring eyes. Jane looked stressed as she kept running all day from here and there. My assistant had told me that Zanvil keeps her asking to do his things not caring where she is assigned to work that day. She has to come to do this work no matter where she is. I felt bad for her after all she is my friend now. 

"It is included in her job profile. You come and sit back. This is her job, let her do it, '' he said, ignoring my glasses as his eyes remained fixed on his wife. Jane didn't look at him as he said that. The anger was obvious in her eyes but she didn't look at him. 

"You go and sit, I will bring it in," she said in her soft voice as she didn't let go of the tray from her hands. My shoulders slumped. Both of them were stubborn as mules. I gave her a small nod and walked back to sit on my seat while Jane followed me in. 

"Your black coffee with only one cube of sugar," she said as she handed me my cup with a smile on her face. I took a sip from a steamy cup and my nerves relaxed. 

"Thank you. You have made it as I like it" I said with a smile on my face making her grin back. But as soon as she turned to give Zanvil his coffee her face grim. She just placed his coffee in front of him, making him glare at him. 

Until now I have noticed one thing about them. Is that Zanvil hates when Jane gives his silent treatment. A smirk formed on my face as I saw how the Zanvil who was telling me to relax was beeping grumpy like when I entered his office to talk. Now he knows how to be in my shoes. Placing his coffee she stood beside me with an empty tray in her hand. He took his coffee still with glaring eyes and took a sip from it as his sea-coloured eyes stayed fixed on her face. Which were busy looking everywhere but him. I just kept looking at them while enjoying my coffee. As soon as he takes his first sip he spits it out of his mouth making a vector smirk form on Jane's face. 

"What the hell is this? It's too sweet. Don't you know I drink black coffee" he said in his mad voice making me suppress my laugh behind my mug. Jane was having her revenge on him. 

"Sorry, sir, I have just started to work here. So I don't know about your coffee preference?" she mocked him as she put more stress on the word sir. 

"You know how my Secretary likes her coffee but you don't know how your husbands like it," he said in his mad voice my eyes kept bouncing. 

"Your secretary is my friend so I know it. But we are not related to each other because I don't think we bring our relationship at work, sir," she said again in the same tone making it hard for me not to laugh out loud. Their comebacks will keep on coming back. 

"Guys you continue your lovely chat while I go and enjoy the rest of the coffee in my office," I said in my relaxed voice as I stood up to walk out. Zanvil gave me a small nod and Jane smiled. I walked out of his office as I don't want to be stuck in this quarrel. I have enough stress already. As I said, I enjoyed the rest of my coffee in my office as I read my unread emails. They had even emailed me my appointment letter. I had not noticed this before but they were giving me a fifty per cent hike in my salary. At least, there was only one good thing about this job. I was busy replying to my emails when I heard the ping of my cell phone. I had received the message from none other than that green eye demon himself. 

"Your appointment letter must have reached you" I read the message. I kept my cell phone back without replying. I again got one more message. 

"Ignoring me again. I think you have forgotten your last punishment for ignoring me" I read that message in bitterness. My hands fisted as I remembered how he stole my first kiss from me. I very badly wanted to scratch his lips for doing it to me. Whenever I thought about that night my lips felt heavy as if he was still pressing his lips to mine and kissing them dominantly. I closed my eyes and bit my lower lip in annoyance as I collapsed back on my chair. Suddenly my body started to feel hot as I fanned myself. I again heard the ping of my phone. I took my phone to check it. My body jolted up from a relaxed position as a bad chill ran down my spine when I read his message. 

"Good luck"
______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Read in Early access tier 1
Hate War complete book
Flames of Lie complete.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 46

Stolen Secretary up to chapter 87

Early access tier 2
All the above books &
New book The Bride of Last Dragon.

Early access tier 3
All the above books and The Litte Bride 5 chapters every week.

For more information go to my Patreon page.

Search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I need your support guys.

Now me Bluedragon95 sign off we will meet guys at the next update. Till then have fun guys, and be safe.

Thank you.

Vote, comment, share and don't forget to follow me, guys.