Chapter 33

***Follow me and vote***

What exactly does he want me to do to convince him?

I kept looking at him with my furrowed Hazel eyes as he uttered those words. They were so misinterpreting and laced with double meaning. I could understand them and it was not rocket science because it was written on my face. His smirk deepened as he saw my clueless face. 

"So tell me how you are going to convince me. Why should I hire you? What can you give me in return when I hired you" he asked in his firm voice as he remained seated in a relaxed position on his comfortable chair. I too wanted to sit very badly. My legs are too by walking in my heels. I thought for your seconds. It felt more like an interview but the only difference was I was already hired but still I was trying to convince my boss to let me work here. 

"I can be a great asset to the company with my working experience with your sister company. I'm very good at coming up with a strategy to promote or build more business ideas. I'm good at conducting deals and cracking them" I said those words as I tried to remember what else I'm good at. My brows remained furrowed as I tried to remember more things while looking upwards. When I couldn't remember anything I looked back to find his smirk vanished from his face. He was looking at me with a grim face. His forest green eyes held some kind of look in them. I blinked my eyes looking at him as his eyes remained fixed on me with a look of difficulty in his eyes. He lifted his hand and pinched his nose bridge. 

"God I have to do hard work on her. How did I get myself an innocent lamb" he muttered under his breath which was loud enough for me to hear. What is he talking about and who is an innocent lamb? I thought with a still look on my face. He moved his hand away from his nose and then looked at me. Grimness was still on his face. He suddenly stood up and walked around his desk. 

"Miss Smith, how many relationships have you had in the past?'' he asked out of nowhere in his firm voice while walking around. I could hear the edge in his voice as he asked me. I stayed standing on my spot as he walked behind me. Why does he want to know that? Why should I answer him? My personal life is none of his concern. I wanted to turn around and answer him but my body went stiff when I felt him standing behind me. 

"I don't think my personal life question is included here," I said in a firm voice, not turning back to say it on his face because he was still standing so close to me. 

"Arguing back with me won't help you. Don't forget you are still trying to convince me" he said those words darkly making me clench the rim of the chair even harder. I felt his hot breath tickling the skin off the back of my neck. I went quiet at his words and nearness. I didn't understand why he wanted to know that. What should I tell him? I don't want to tell him I have dated no one? I never had time to date. I was always busy making money and supporting my family. 

"I'm waiting and it's one thing I hate most," he said those words in the same voice making my heart beat a little fast as I felt his lips lightly brushing the skin of my neck. I took a deep breath to control the fast beating of my heart as I could control. But the rhythm of my heart kept on increasing. I swallowed hard before opening my mouth. Should I give him the fake number? But what will happen if he somehow came to know that I have given him a fake number. He is already making my life hard. I don't want him to make it harder. But how will he know? I'm not going to tell him. I have made up my mind that I will give him a fake number. 

"Five" I whispered the fake random number which popped up in my head while biting my lower lip in a little nervousness. Yeah, I was a little embraced that I have not dated anyone in my entire twenty-four years on this earth. 

"Five" I heard him repeating the number in his mad voice as he suddenly turned me around to look at me. A gasp left my mouth as he did that suddenly. His mad forest green eyes looked down at me as if I had conducted a grave mistake. I looked back at him with surprised eyes.