Chapter 131

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

Sorry guys for the late update. I was not well.

I was again giving him time.

I let him be like that, and after some time, his body stopped shuddering and he drifted to sleep. I know he was hurt because his dad refused to talk with him. He was hurt, and he didn't want to show it. I looked down at his sleeping face. I don't know what has happened between them. They shared such a good bond in the past, but something is wrong now, and that has made Mr. Addam is bitter towards his son.

What must have happened between them?

I moved my hand in his hair, which was falling on his forehead. I brushed them away with my fingers. He was sleeping, but his eyebrows were still furrowed as if something was still troubling him in his sleep. I massaged his scalp, and slowly his facial expression relaxed. I just kept staring at his sleeping face until sleep invaded my eyes. The next day went just like it. I waited for him to tell me everything, but he kept himself busy with his work. He came to bed when I was already asleep. Today I went to meet girls and invite them to Neil's birthday, which is in three days. Jane and Nina's kids were excited about Neil's birthday party.

They started asking him what he wanted for his birthday. He told everyone that he wanted a mountain of chocolate as a gift. It made all of them chuckle at his wish. They had already accepted Neil into their small group. I was happy that my baby had friends now. When I reached home, I was exhausted. Neil was sleeping in my arms. Dwyane Skyler's bodyguard had asked me to let him carry sleeping Neil, but I politely refused. I know he will wake up and start crying as soon as he goes into his arms. Dwyane opened the door for me, and I walked in with a sleeping Neil in my arms. I was surprised when I saw a person sitting in the living room with Skyler.

"Mom," I said in shock, finding her sitting on the couch talking with Skyler. She looked my way immediately as soon as she heard my voice.

"Hazel," she said, taking my name with a big smile on her face. She stood up and walked towards me with a bright smile and a few tears in her eyes.

"What a surprise!" I said with a big smile on my face while walking towards them.

"I can't believe you are here," I said while hugging her from the side as Neil was still in my arms.

"Me too," my mother said with a happy smile on her face. We walked to the couch with bright smiles on our faces.

"I will put him to bed," Skyler said while taking Neil from my arms. I gave him a small nod, and he took him to his bedroom. I pulled mom in, and we sat on the couch.

"I'm so happy to see you, but when did you come and why didn't you inform me about it?" I asked while looking at her with excited eyes.

"It was a surprise. After three days, it was Neil's birthday, and Skyler wanted all of us to come to his birthday party. Your brother and Ellen are coming there after tomorrow because he couldn't get early leave. Skyler sent me tickets, and he took care of all my travelling," my mom informed me.

"Skyler did this?" I asked in disbelief. I was surprised to hear that. When did he plan all this? My mother nodded her head, yes.

"And I'm going to stay with you guys until Neil gets his surgery done. I know it's going to get difficult for your two to handle everything," my mother said while covering my hand with hers. We both know how difficult it gets, even if Neil gets admitted to the hospital. I was so happy to see that my mother was always there for us.

"Thank you, mom, for always being with me," I said while hugging her, and she patted my back.

"Family is always there to help each other in difficult times," my mother said while lovingly caressing my hair. We talked for a bit; Skyler didn't disturb us, and then I asked her to rest until I cooked dinner for us. I was busy cooking food when a muscular pair of hands wrapped around my waist. I stopped what I was doing at his sudden touch. He nuzzled his face against my neck and took a deep breath. I was about to go back to what I was doing when he kissed my neck with his wet lips.

"Skyler," I warned him, but he still didn't stop his tactics. Instead, he moved his hands inside my t-shirt, brushing the back of his fingers on my bare stomach. I shivered every time he brushed his fingers on my bare skin. He stayed like that until I was done cooking. He moved away when Mom walked into the kitchen. Neil was awake and was happy to see his Nona. We had our dinner over small talk. My mom tried to help me clean up even though I told her I would do it on my own. Skyler stepped in and asked her to take a rest because she must be tired from the journey. Then he helped me wash dishes. It was time to go to bed.

"Mama, I want to sleep with Nona," he said, refusing to go back to his father, who was about to take him from my mother. My mother smiled, looking at how he hid his face in her neck. Neil wanted to sleep with Mom because he missed her so much.

"I will sleep with you too. He will wake up in the middle of the night asking for me," I suggested, not wanting to stress my mother, who was tired from the journey.

"Hazel, let them sleep comfortably. The guest room's beds are small. If Neil wakes up, I will get him to our room," he said before I could go with my mom. I looked at him in disbelief. The beds are so big in this house that they can easily fit three of us. I wanted to sleep with mom too because I missed her, but Skyler dragged me with him to the bedroom before I could protest.

"I want to sleep with Mo—" I said as soon as we were in the room, but before I could complete my sentence, he pinned me to the closed door, and his lips covered mine. My hands fisted on his t-shirt, and he pressed his lower body against mine.

Now I know his intention behind dragging me here.

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.

Stolen Secretary Completed. 
Bed of Nails up to chapter 40.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 2

To know more search  PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.