Chapter 153

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"Mama loves you." 

I closed my eyes, and warm tears slid down my cheeks. I took a deep breath, getting ready for my demise. I felt his sharp knife slicing deep into my skin. Cries from Neil echoed in my ears, making my heart sink into my stomach. Suddenly the door was broken with a loud thud, and my eyes opened wide. Skyler, heavily breathing, stood there with dead eyes. 

"See who is here," Lee said mockingly while pulling my hair, making me wince in pain once again. Skyler's eyes widened looking at me and at Neil, who was crying. 

"I thought I would start the party without you," he said sickly, which made me clench my jaw. He was getting his sick pleasure from torturing all of us. 

"Let her go," Skyler said with a clenched jaw. He laughed like a hyena when he said that. 

"You still think you can command me?" He mocked him. 

"Dada" Neil cries out with his hands up, asking him to take him. Skyler tries to walk to him. 

"Stay where you are or it won't be good for you," Lee said to Skyler even before he could take the first step toward him. 

"He is crying," Skyler said, with raging anger in him. 

"Let him cry. He will cry more when he sees the life draining out of his mother," Lee said and laughed loudly. I glared at him, but he pulled my hair, making me look away. Neil's wails reached my ear, making my heart cry in pain. I have to do something. I can't let him have the upper hand in this situation. I have to get free from his hold. I won't let him kill me. 

"I will give whatever you want. Tell me the amount I will give, but please let go of my family," Skyler said pleadingly when he saw how he pressed the blade on my throat. 

"You think I want money?" he scoffed and then laughed, throwing his head back. 

"That fear in your eyes is what I want." fear of losing your dear ones. fear of your child becoming motherless. He will grow without his mother as you did, or maybe without his father too," he said in his grave voice, making me swallow hard. 

"Please let them go. You can take me instead. You can kill me instead, but please let them go," he said while taking steps toward me with his hands up in the air. 

"Stop where you are!" he warned, and I tried to push the blurriness away from my eyes. My face and scalp were throbbing even more now. 

"No, you will suffer the same fate as me. I make you feel the pain I went through," he said, chuckling like a hyena while moving his head in pity. What pain is he talking about? Who did he lose, and why is he taking revenge on us for it? All these questions were intensifying the pain in my head. I don't know exactly what he is doing to us. I can't bear this pain anymore. I saw Skyler signalling me with his fingers. He was luring him into his talk and slowly cutting the distance between us. I need to do something. Neil is crying constantly. I can't see it. He has just been out of surgery. I need to do something. Skyler was only a few feet away from me. I took a deep breath, and with all my power remaining inside me, I jabbed my elbow into his stomach. Because of my sudden attack, a knife fell from his hand, and he groaned in pain. 

"You bitch," he shouted in sharp pain. Skyler leaped on him and grabbed him when he tried to get his knife back from the floor. My legs wobbled and shook a bit, but I grabbed the knife before him. He grabbed his hands and pinned them behind his back while pushing him to the ground. He groaned in pain when his face collided with the hard floor. I ran to my crying son with the knife still in my hands. I pulled Neil to my chest, and he started doing things loudly. 

"Mama is here, baby. Please stop crying," I consoled him while pressing his face against my chest. He wrapped his small hands around me, still crying his eyes out. I know he is scared. He has never seen this kind of violence before, so it is so hard for him to calm down. I kept holding him, telling him I was near him. A few seconds later, bodyguards came running into the room with police officers. 

"How did you let him come inside?" Skyler shouted at them. 

"He mixes something in our food," one of the bodyguards said with guilt in his eyes. Skyler punched Lee in the face when he laughed proudly to mock him. Police officers came in and took hold of him. They even took the knife from me as evidence. 

"You think jail can stop me from taking my revenge?" He laughed like a sick person. Police officers cuffed his hands behind his back. 

"I won't let you live happily. You will be dead, and I promise you," he said while looking into my eyes. His words gripped my heart with fear. 

"Take him, and I will make sure he never sees daylight," Skyler said with venom in his voice. Lee kept laughing, making me close my eyes and hide my son. I would have died. I was about to get killed in front of my sick child. His words echoed in my ears. My whole world started to spin. I was engulfed in a warm embrace, which made me open my eyes and look at the forest-green one. 

"I'm sorry, I should have come earlier," he said while kissing my head and hugging us tightly. Tears started to fall from my eyes. 

"He was about to kill me in front of Neil," I sobbed in his chest. Words didn't come out of my mouth properly. A big lump in my throat keeps choking me, making it hard for me to talk and breathe at the same time. He cupped my face, making me look at him. His thumb wiped the tears falling from my eyes. 

"I will never let anything happen to you. Every danger has to go through me before both of you," he said, looking straight into my eyes. Tears fell from his eyes, telling me it was a promise. I moved forward and hugged him tightly. Today we were saved, but Lee's words kept echoing in my head. 

You will be dead, and I promise you. 

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 51.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 12.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.