Chapter 66

****Follow me and vote****

"Sky," Mia said out loud with a knock on our door.

A groan left his mouth but he didn't stop what he was doing. He kept doing it until I felt something was undone inside me. I felt something blooming in my heart that made me look at him with Hazed eyes. He tugged the stray hair away from my face and then pecked my slightly parted lips. 

"Sky" we again heard a knock on the door which made him groan again. I smiled looking at his face. He looked cute with that expression on his face. Looking at my smiling face the corner of his lips turned up. He got out of bed not before kissing me on the forehead. I sat up and pulled my bra down. I hooked it again and pulled my t-shirt down. 

"What happened Mia," he asked, slightly annoyed for disturbing us. He stood in front of the door, not opening it completely. 

"I can't sleep so I came down for a glass of milk but there's nothing in the fridge" I heard her saying in her remorseful tone. 

"We were away for the weekend, that's why there is nothing in the fridge," he said, wiping out the annoyance in his voice. 

"Oh," I heard saying it. 

"If you are hungry should I order something for you," Skylar asked. I saw her trying to peep inside. But he stood in between. 

"No, it's ok. I will go and sleep" she said after a few seconds in her hard voice. I heard a step going away from the door. Skyler walked away from there and slipped inside the covers again. He pulled me towards him. I was tired as hell. I snuggled in his chest as he wrapped his hands around my waist. I was lost in my sweet slumber in his arms. The next day I woke up feeling fresh. Skylar was still sleeping like a baby with his slightly parted lips. I smiled looking at him. I covered him and walked into the shower to take a bath. I was in the middle of the shower when I felt my hands wrapping around me. I jumped in my place but my body relaxed when I saw it was him. Who else will surprise me like this when I'm taking a bath? 

"Good morning" he whispers huskily in my ear, making my body shiver under the stream of hot water. 

"Good morning," I said too while turning my head to look into his forest-green eyes. He smiled and pecked my lips. We took a bath together. I wrapped a fluffy white towel around me and on my head. I walked into the walk-in closet and he followed me with a towel wrapped so low on his hip. 

"Are you not going to the office today?" I asked him when I saw him taking out his jeans and t-shirt with a jacket. 

"Nope today we are going grocery shopping but first we are going for breakfast" he informed me while looking at me. 

"Sounds interesting"  I teased and took out my clothes. 

"Everything is interesting with you, even grocery shopping," he said so sincerely looking into my eyes. Wiping away the teasing smile from my lips. Something happened in my heart. I turned around to hide from his gaze. I heard him chuckling at my action. This man is making some permanent changes in my heart. I cleared my throat with a slightly red face. I slipped on simple jeans and a halterneck top. He changed his clothes and then walked out of them. I wore my clothes and brushed my hair. I let my wet hair down to let it air dry. After that, I applied light brown lipstick and sunscreen. Once I was done I walked out of the room. I found him in the kitchen reading something on a piece of paper. I thought I would find Mia with him but she was nowhere to be found. She must still be sleeping. 

"What is it?" I asked while pointing at the paper in his hand. I poured some water into a glass for drinking. "It's from Mia. I can't understand this girl. She went to him because he called her in the morning" he said with furrowed brows. He was worried for her and it was written on his face. 

"Don't worry maybe things will be patched up between them again?" I said with a smile. He exhaled and nodded at me while throwing the paper in the dustbin. 

"Come let's go. You must be hungry" he said while pulling my hand once I was done drinking water. He took me to the small yet cosy cafeteria which was opposite the supermarket. We had breakfast there and after that, we did grocery shopping. I suddenly remember when we were here last time to shop. I moved my head with a disbelief look on my face. If a few months ago someone had told me that I will be grocery shopping with Skylar Addams with my will then I would have laughed at their face. After showing up for hours I was exhausted. We had our lunch outside because we both were in no mood to cook. He took me to a Chinese restaurant and I love Chinese. It's my favourite after my mom's hand made chicken lasagna. I had fun spending time together. 

After that, we went back home. I changed into my comfortable clothes when he was busy talking on the phone. I think he was talking with Mia and he was scolding her when I walked to the closet. I changed into leggings and an oversized t-shirt. He was still talking on his cell phone when he was still busy talking on his cell phone. I changed my clothes and tied my hair in a high bun. I decided to put all the groceries in the kitchen. I took the bag to the kitchen and started opening all the packets to fill the containers. I was fully engrossed in my work when I saw Skylar walking down fully dressed in a suit. I looked at him with furrowed brows when he walked towards me. He cupped my face from behind the counter and kissed my lips. It made my frown go away. 

"I wanted to help you with the grocery but I need to go to the office urgently," he said while looking into my eyes. 

"Why is there any problem? Should I come with you again" I asked, wanting to help him. 

"A board member meeting has been shifted to the day after tomorrow and I need to handle some important work before it," he said, making me nod my head. 

"Ok call me if you need my help," I said with a small smile on my face. 

"I will. I will come back soon, we will do dinner together" he said and kissed my lips again with his full one and then walked away. After he was gone I continued with my work thinking about why the board meeting was shifted so suddenly. I started preparing dinner after taking a small coffee break. I was done with cooking till six and there was still time left until dinner so I decided to clean the house. We were away for the weekend and there was dust everywhere. At seven I was almost done with cleaning when I heard the doorbell. 

"Skyler is back for dinner" I whispered under my breath and walked to the door with a smile on my face. It felt like we were married. I opened the door only to see someone else standing in front of the door. 

"Yes," I said looking at the old man in a crisp suit standing in front of me. His familiar intimidating forest-green eyes looked down at me. Observing me keenly. 

"You must be his maid. Tell him his father is here to meet him" 

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 102
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 141

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.