Chapter 146

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"That bastard¡" 

"What's happening?" Hazel asked me in her tense voice. It made me come out of my raging thoughts. Her brows were raised in worry, making creases appear on her forehead. I could see fear in her hazel eyes. She is already worried about our son's health. Neil's surgery is only a week away. How should I tell her that this is not the first time I have received this threatening note? He sent me the same note to my office a few weeks ago with our picture on it. I don't want her to panic. He has been keeping an eye on us. That's the reason why I tightened the security around them, but he still found his way to drop the letter in front of my door. He was dressed as a security guard this time. I don't know what disguise he will use next time to threaten or, even worse, attack us. I can't take any risks now. I have to be more alert.

"Nothing is happening," I said while cupping her face. I looked into her eyes with a serious look in my eyes.

"I just want you to be a little alert when we are in a public place. My people are still investigating this situation," I said, not wanting to scare her.

"Who is threatening us like this?" she asked while gripping my biceps.

"Dove, stop worrying. You don't need to panic. We have much bigger things to worry about. Neil's surgery is just a week away, and if he sees you getting scared like this, he will get scared too," I said softly, trying my best to make her understand. I rested my forehead on hers when she gave me a small nod.

"I will handle everything," I whispered, assuring her. She closed her eyes and nodded. She moved forward and hugged me. I could sense her uneasiness. I wrapped my hands around her and hugged her tightly. We stayed like this for a few minutes.

"Let's go and have breakfast," she said, pulling me into the kitchen when we broke the hug. The three of us had breakfast. Everyone else was still sleeping. It was still quite early in the morning. After breakfast, I decided to take a shower. Today I was going to the office. I need to deal with these threat notes. I took a shower and got ready. I got dressed in my suit. I was tying my tie when Hazel walked in.

"You are going to the office?" she asked me, making me turn around.

"Yes, I have an important meeting today," I said while looking at my tie. I was done with it for a few seconds. She kept standing there, watching me. I walked to her and kissed her mouth.

"I will be back soon," I whispered on her lips, and she gave me a small nod. I kissed Neil on his head on my way out. She walked me to the door.

"Be safe and come home soon," she said, placing a soft kiss on my cheeks. I nodded at her and walked away. My facial expression turned stern as soon as the door was lifted closed. I have been smiling for her, showing her nothing to worry about, but the situation is much graver. Dwayne was already waiting for me.

"Boss," he said with a nod. He opened the car door, and I slid in after a firm nod. He sat beside the driver and signalled for him to start the car.

"Updates?" I asked, looking at him from the rearview mirror. He nodded and then took out the black file and handed it to me. I took it from him and opened the file. All his recent updates were in the file, with a few images. He was getting out of my building dressed as a security guard, and a few images were of him getting out of shady places. All images were a little blurry because they were caught on CCTV cameras.

"He has again gone grounded. Our people are trying their best to get heads on him," Dwayne continued while going through the fiel.

"Did you find where he sends large amounts of money every month?" I asked, looking at a few money transactions. He had been illegally extracting money from the places he worked. He was good at teaching, so he used all his skills. He said he received large amounts of money from me, and transactions were named Hazel. I thought she stole from me before leaving me, but it was him. I had alerted my team, so he was never able to steal from me again.

"He does transactions we face at a different bank every time, so it's hard to find, but we will know about it soon," he said while turning his head to look at me.

"We have alerted the police; they are keeping tabs on him, but he disappeared again from their radar," Dwayne informed me.

"What game are you playing, Lee?" I said while looking at his picture of me getting out of my building.

"Why are you playing hide and seek with me?" I said while tapping on his face in the picture. I still don't know the motive behind his actions. I know he has been keeping his eyes on us. He was inactive for the past four years, out of my reach, but Hazel and I have come together. He has become active again. He has been watching us for four years. I saw how we were both burning in our misery. He was getting some kind of pleasure from seeing our agony. What is his exact motive? I still need to find it.

I need to find him and destroy him before he gets to my family. I need to know the motive behind his action.

What kind of sick game has he been planning for years?

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 44.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 8.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.