Chapter 147

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

What kind of sick game has he been planning for years?

With these answered questions in

mind, I went to the office. I have to attend an important meeting today regarding the new tender.

"Sir, the meeting room is ready," my secretary informed me. I took the file he handed me. It had important points regarding the pitch.

"Everyone is waiting for you," he said, and I gave him a curt nod. He opened the door for me, and I entered the meeting room.

"Good morning, gentleman."

"I hope I have not made you wait long," I said while walking towards my seat.

"No, we just came now," Jack said, looking up from his file. Michele gave me a firm nod, and I nodded back while taking my seat. There were other people present in the room too. Michele was present too because we needed our legal team to solve the disputes with the tender association. Miller Corporation and Addam's Construction put in a tender for joining the venture. We even got that tender, but the tender community pulled it out at the last minute. It's a big project, and we don't want to lose it. We had a heated discussion for two hours, discussing various possibilities of suing them over it if we don't get the tender.

"We have gone through all the possibilities, and this is enough to sue them if they don't proceed with our tender. My team will handle all further proceedings. You guys don't worry; they have to give in the end," Michele said with a confident look on his face.

"I know we'll have it. I trust you," I said with a small smile. Michele is the best of the best lawyers we have, and if he is confident, then things have to turn around.

"Me too. I don't have any doubt about that. If they think they will get away by playing dirty tricks, then they don't know us well," Jack said after closing his file and leaning back in his seat with an evil smirk on his lips.

"Gentleman, thank you for your hard work," I said while looking at everyone. They all nodded in appreciation and then started to leave the meeting room one by one.

"Let's go to my office," I said to both of them, and they nodded. We went to my office.

"Drink," I asked them when they settled into their seats. Jack looked at his watch and then at me.

"It's ten in the morning, not at night," he said in a sarcastic tone with a smirk on his face. He raised his brow in question, and I shrugged.

"I'll have a drink," Michele said, joining me. He rested his back on the chair.

"Coffee for me, please," Jack said, refusing alcohol. I told my secretary to bring coffee for him, and then I poured whisky into two glasses. I gave one glass to Michele and sat on the couch with another in my hand. My secretary soon brought Jack's coffee. I took a sip, letting the bitter taste burn my throat. I closed my eyes and rested my head back. I could feel both of their eyes on me.

"You seem stressed," Michele asked me after a few minutes. I opened my eyes and sighed deeply. I gulped the whole thing in one go and lifted my eyes to look at them.

"Things are a little stressed around me. They are turning complicated," I said while resting my elbows on my tights. I held my face in my hands and pulled my hair back with my fingers.

"Everything is OK between Hazel and you," Jack asked me in concern. Hazel, my dove. She is the only reason I've stayed sane until now.

"Yeah, it's the other things that are stressing me out," I said while lifting my eyes and looking at them. They both looked at me with raised brows, asking me to elaborate. I told them everything, and when I was done, both of them were shocked.

"All this happened, and you did not even consider it necessary to tell us," Michele said in a disappointed tone.

"I thought we were brothers, and you have been hiding all this from us," Jack said in disbelief while throwing his hands in the air.

"Have you told this to Zanvil?" Jack asked me sternly.

"Zanvil will kill me if he comes to know what I did to Hazel. She is like a sister to him. When she was gone, he had asked me about her whereabouts, but I told him that we had broken up," I said while rubbing my face and looking at them.

"Poor Hazel had to face so much because of you. She had raised your sick child alone for four years," Jack said sternly. He had a grim look on his face. He was glaring at me with an accusing look on his face. I know both Zanvil and Jack had soft spots for her. They love her like a sister. 

"I know, and I have not forgotten myself for that," I said while closing my eyes.

"Stop worrying. I will handle everything. I have some connection, and we will track this Lee and get him behind bars before he does any harm," Michele said, patting my back. Jack exhaled, spitting out his anger.

"Yeah, let's work on this together. I know it's not been easy for you either. You suffered too in all of this. I have a friend in the police department. He will help us," Jack said, trying to cheer me up. I nodded my head in understanding. A smile formed on my lips. My friends were ready to help me, and it made me feel a little stress-free. They left after an hour or so, once we were done talking about our plan to catch him. I got busy with my work once they left, and I lost track of time. I was busy reading files when my cell phone started to ring.

"Hello," I said without looking at the ID. My eyes were still busy reading files. I hear a heart-wrenching sob from another side of my cell phone. My heart started to beat so fast, and my hands froze when she said that.

"Neil fell while playing. He is bleeding so much."

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 44.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 8.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.