Chapter 159

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"I want me and Neil to go back to our old lives."

My eyes moved all over his face. I don't know why I asked him his question, but I wanted to know what he thought about it. The colour drained out of his face when I said that. His green eyes became dim, and I saw a surge of panic in them.

"What do you mean?" he asked in a bit of perplexity, but I could see he understood what I meant.

"What if I want to go back to my old life? Life back in my hometown," I asked him again, elaborating on it for him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath to control himself. Before I knew it, he hovered above me, pinning both of my hands above my head. A gasp left my mouth because of a sudden change of position.

"I will never let you or Neil go away from me. Never!" he said those words looking straight into my eyes. "You both are mine only mine," he said with determination.

"What if I still want to go back?" I said, pushing it more to see his reaction. At first, I was just asking that question out of curiosity, but now I wanted to know the answer.

"Kill me and you're free to go anywhere," he declared, looking straight into my eyes. A chill passed down my spine when he said that.

"I will happily give you my last breath because I know I won't be able to survive without you again it better I di-," he said while connecting our foreheads and closing his eyes so I couldn't see the pain in his eyes. Before he could complete it, I connected our lips. A tear slipped from the corner of my eyes when he said that. I shushed him with my lips.

"Do you think I will survive without you? You think it was easy for me. Don't ever say that. Life is too precious to give up on it just like that," I said after breaking the kiss.

"You're the first and last man in my life to whom I gave everything. You know how difficult it was for me to survive without you for the past four years. I felt like dying every day, but I kept breathing," I said, with tears gushing out of my eyes. A sob left my mouth, and I tried to suppress it. The emotions I felt during those four years came gushing to me. I had buried them in my heart but now I couldn't help but tell him how I felt in those days.

"When I was pregnant I wanted you to be with me. The first craving I had, I wanted you to fulfil it. The first kick I felt, I wanted you to feel it with me. Every time I visited the doctor, I saw all women coming there with their partners. I wanted you to be with me there," I said as more warm tears slipped from my eyes. I never want him to repeat his past mistake of taking his life again. I don't want him to give up on his life so easily. I pushed him away from me and sat up. Pulling my legs to my chest I sobbed. I'm so mad at him for talking about his life like that. He wrapped his hands around me, pulling me to him.

"Don't touch me," I said in my mad voice, and I tried to push him away from me, but instead he pulled me even more toward him.

"Look at me," he said, trying to make me look at him. I refused to listen to him. He pulled my hands away and made me sit on his lap. He took hold of my chin, trying to make me look at him, but I slapped his hand away.

"I'm sorry," he said again, cupping my face and making me look at him.

"Promise me you will never talk or think about giving up your life so easily, not for me or anyone else." I sobbed while looking at his wrist, which had a cut mark on it. His eyes followed my gaze and it went stiff a little. His pupils widen in realisation. He took a deep breath to control his emotions. I saw tears welling up in his eyes.

"Who told you?" he asked with a stiff voice while looking down at me.

"Promise me first," I said with a firm tone, looking straight into his eyes.

"Promise," he said, blinking away his tears. His voice came out a bit choked as he tried to push down the lump that had formed in his throat. I told him everything. How I came to know about it.

"I felt so dark inside me without you" he whispered. More tears slid down from his left eye. He couldn't say anything. I know how difficult it must be for him. I pulled him to my chest and tears fell out of his eyes. I know he was holding everything in his heart.

"You were my first and last love, to whom I gave my heart. You were my everything. Once you left my life, everything felt so meaningless to me," he sobbed while wrapping his arms around me like a child and letting his tears fall freely. I cried silently. I kept holding him, letting him get rid of the pain he had been holding deep down in his heart. I wanted him to let go of it. In the past, we couldn't be with each other in our difficult times, but now we are with each other, and I don't want him to keep hiding from me. I want my future to be with him where we don't hide from each other anymore. He falls asleep in my arms with his face buried in my chest, and his hands holding me tightly.

The next day, I woke up with kisses on my shoulder. It made me turn around to look at him. He smiled brightly at me and kissed my forehead, making me smile at him. I cupped his face with my one hand and kissed him on his forehead. His eyes lit up with warmth when I did that. I was about to go back to sleep when my eyes fell on my hand which was cupping his face. A diamond ring was on my ring finger. My eyes widened, and my heart started to beat fast looking at him. He took hold of my hand and kissed it, making me look at him. Sleep vanished from my eyes. I was so surprised.

"Marry me, love, and make me the luckiest man alive."

Important
Guys don't post your books on my wall without my permission. I have seen many of you are doing it. My wall is for my readers and my followers to interact with me. If I see any books promoted over there. They will be deleted.

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 54.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 14.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.