Chapter 47

!!!!Dont forget to follow me!!!!

"I swear upon you"

Those words still keep coming into my mind from time to time. He has promised me that he won't go back on his words. Even though he had confirmed them again and again I still felt hard to believe them. Only time will tell how true he remains to his words. It's been a week since that day. I have officially moved into his penthouse. I wanted to shift to my separate room but he refused, not letting me stay in any other room but his. I tried to bargain until the end but he refused all the time. He said our six months trial only works if we stay in the same room and share a bed every day. It was nothing new to me. 

For the past months, he has been sleeping in my bed in my apartment as if it belongs to him. I was now used to it so I agreed in the end. For the past week, everything has been going smoothly until now. We go to the office separately as I don't want to go with him. I don't want people to make things about us. We come home exhausted, most of the time I come home first and cook food and he stays at the office to work until late. The workload had increased with all new projects. Well, I'm thankful for it because he stays busy with his work and I have to interact less with him. One good thing that has happened in the past week is he gave Lee his job as a token of the promise he made to me. 

He was being good to me which made me doubt him because I know he is a wolf in sheep's clothes. I don't know if he was acting or if this was silence before whatever was on its way. This whole week has been full of peace and silence that it's hard to believe. Today too I was leaving first because I was done wrapping the last file. I gathered all the files which I have to hand him before leaving the office. I put my things in my bag. Once I was done putting everything away I grabbed the files and walked to his office. I was still arranging the files properly in my hand when I bumped into someone. 

"I'm so sorry. I was not looking where I was going" I apologised while looking up from the files. "It's ok or should I say it's my pleasure at least you looked at me today," Lee said with a smile on his face. I flashed him a small smile while biting my lower lip in dismay. I don't know how to respond to his words. He has been trying to talk with me since he joined the company again but I didn't interact with him much. I don't want him to lose his job again. Skylar gave him back his job only on one condition. I won't talk with him unless I have something related to work. I rebel but he put the condition that if I want him to give his job back then I have to accept this condition. As if I'm going to listen to him, I'm only keeping my distance for the time being. I don't want him to lose his job again. "Hey, how are you?" I said sheepishly while pressing files to my chest and folding my arms around it. 

"I was fine until now but since you asked me I'm feeling good" he replied with a genuine smile on his face. Listening to his words my cheeks started to turn red but I cleared my throat and ignored his comment. I saw from far Ed looking at us from reception. He looked at us with his curious and somewhat worried eyes. He knew why Lee lost his job. He knows more than that. He has been my friend here since day one. The little worried look in his eyes was my cue to stop talking to him. "I need to give these files before going," I said while showing him the file just when he was about to say something. I gestured towards Mr Addams' office and he nodded his head in understanding. Without saying anything I flashed him a small smile and walked toward the office. I knocked on his door and I heard a come in so I walked in. 

He was busy talking on his cell phone while looking at some files on shelves. He looked up from the file still talking on his cell phone. I showed him files and he gestured to me to keep them on his table. I nodded and was about to keep the files on the table but his table was such a mess. All the blueprints of new hotels sent from architecture were scattered on his table. Pencils and pens were scattered all over the table with paper weight kept in random places. He always messes up his table, making me clean it for him every time. I started cleaning his table as he kept talking on his phone with some dealer. I was arranging the blueprints lost in my work when I felt a hand on my waist. My body stiffened for a few seconds but did not relax soon. I didn't say anything and continued arranging things as he buried his face in my neck and took a deep breath. 

"I will be home very late so don't wait for me and I will eat my dinner here," he said while pressing his lips on my neck. I felt tingles on my skin when his wet lips touched it. 

"Why are you going to be late," I asked with furrowed brows while keeping all the papers on the side. Does he have so much work to do? 

"Soon there is going to be a board meeting and I have to prepare things before it," he said while pressing another kiss on my jaw. 

"Board meeting, I didn't know about it. Do you want me to stay and help you with the presentation and all" I asked while turning around to look at him. I can wait because that's what I get paid for. His forest green eyes moved all over my face as he cupped my face. His thumb kept making lazy circles on my skin. 

"I will go and bring all the f--" he didn't let me complete my sentence as he pressed his lips on mine making me go quiet. His lips first moved softly against his mind a bit then they turned demanding. Like he was making up for the whole week. I whimpered as he kept sucking on my lower lip and his other hand moved towards my breast. That night flashed in front of my eyes. I remembered how he did things to me. My hands instantly moved upward and I stopped him before his hand could move any further. I moved my face back, making him still hold my lower lip in his mouth. He groaned in disbelief, still holding my lower lip. He moved his face forward and pecked my lips with his full one. He moved his face away still with an unsatisfied expression on his face. It was returned on his face and his hooded dark eyes that he wanted to continue. 

"If you stay here there will be no work done," he said in his dark voice, making me a bit on my swollen lower lip. I nodded my head slightly while looking down as I saw desires rising in his hooded eyes. I didn't know what to say next but his cellphone rang again making things easy for me to escape. He lined up putting his face in my neck and took the call. His lips brushed on my neck when he talked. I wanted to get out of this room before he ended the call. I tried to slide from the side but he pressed his cell phone to his chest and looked at me. 

"My driver will take you home," he said in his firm commanding voice because since the day I moved in with him he told me to take his car while going home but I didn't. I don't want everyone to see me getting in the boss's car. I gave him a slight not escape from here. 

"Words Miss. Smith," he said while looking straight at me. 

"Yes," I said in a small voice. 

"Good," he said and planted a kiss on the corner of my lips. Then he let me go and went back to his call. I had no choice but to go with his driver in his car for today. I reached his penthouse soon. I made food for myself and took shower. I tried to sleep early but I couldn't sleep. I was now used to sleeping beside me. I stayed up until late but he still didn't come back. I looked at the clock at two in the morning. I didn't want to get worried but the more I tried to stop thinking about it it came back to me. I took my cell phone and stared at it. I debated with myself for a few minutes if I should call him or not. In the end, I lost the debit and decided to call him but he was not the one who picked up the call but a familiar female voice talking from the other side and it was none other than Mia. 

What is he doing with her at this hour? 

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 71
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 113

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.