Chapter 125

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

I will get my family back.

I sat back on the seat while holding my head. A lot of things were going on in my life. I have made mistakes in the past, and I can't change them, but I will do my best to make things right. I have to make the best future for my child. To give him a complete, loving family. To bring back happiness in the life of the woman I love. I want to see her laughing carefreely again. I decided to divert my mind and work for a few hours. I don't know how time passed. The sun was almost sitting outside. I decided to call her. She picked it up after the third ring.

"Hello," she said in her soft tone.

"Where are you?" I asked as soon as she answered the call.

"I came home half an hour ago. You are still in office?" She asked in the same tone. I know she must be frowning on the other side of the call.

Hmm," I hummed while putting my head down on my desk. Her soft voice was putting my anxious mind at ease.

"Where is Neil?" I asked her, not wanting to cut the call.

"He is playing in the living room," she said, and I smiled a bit. My son is a happy kid.

"Here he comes. Talk with him," she said before I could say anything. She handed her cell phone to him. I heard her say it was my call.

"Hey champ, how was your day? Did you have fun today?" I asked him when I heard his small hello in his baby voice.

"Friend, I had lots of fun today. I made friends today. They all played with me, and Amelia gave me two chocolates," he gushed innocently about his small outing, and it brought a smile to my lips. Nina and Jack's elder daughter is a kind and loving child. It hurts that he still has not called me dad, even after knowing the truth. I know he needs time, and I'm happy to be in his life as his friend until he accepts me completely. Telling me the whole story, he handed his mother her cell phone back.

"Neil. This boy," I heard her calling him.

"He ran back to play." I heard her mumbling in amusement.

"He seems happy after coming back from there," I said while lifting my head and leaning back on my chair.

"Yes, it makes him happy when I take him out," she said. I could imagine her smiling a bit. She gets happy seeing Neil laughing. Why won't she? He has been her life for the past four years. Her thoughts and everything revolve around him. She seemed happy, too, after meeting her friends. An idea popped into my head. We have not gone out for dinner as a family.

"We are going out for dinner. Both of you get ready. I will be home in an hour or so." I informed her about our dinner plans.

But," she tried to protest, but I didn't let her.

"Hazel, I want you to be ready when I come back," I said before she could say anything. She mumbled a small ok before I cut the call. I looked at the black screen of my cell phone with a grin on my face. I did my remaining work and left for home after half an hour. In fifteen minutes, I was there, and I took a lift to my penthouse.

"Neil, baby, don't run." I heard my dove's soft voice urging Neil not to run. I walked inside. I found her standing with her back to me, her brown hair cascading down her back.

"Friend" Neil happily ran to me when he saw me. It made her turn around, and my breath hitched. She looked like an angel in her simple yet elegant brown dress, which reached her knees. It hugged her chest and was loose down from it. Her square neckline was a little deep, showing off her mole, which I had sucked on many times. With my lips coated in a red tint and my face bare without any makeup, I was finding it hard to breathe. I wanted to pick her up and take her to bed. She shifted her weight from one foot to another in nervousness. I kept looking at her, mesmerised. I fisted my fingers when she bit on her lower lip anxiously.

"Friend," I heard Neil calling me, and it made me come out of my thoughts. I looked away and took two breaths. Control Skyler. I repeated it in my head. I bent down and picked him up.

"Hey, buddy. Ready to go?" I asked him with a smile on my face, and he nodded his head happily. I averted my eyes from him and looked at her.

"Let's go," I said while taking her hand. She was not surprised when I did that. I was happy that she didn't try to free her hand; instead, she walked with me. The restaurant was not that far from our place. The seat was already booked for us. We took our seats. Neil was excited to be here.

"He is loving me here," I said to Hazel, who was busy brushing his hair away from his forehead.

"Yes. He loves to go out. I was always busy with my work. I had to leave for work early in the morning when he was still sleeping, and when I came back at night, he had already gone to sleep. We didn't get much time to spend together. So on my week off, I used to make sure to take him out and spend time with him until he went to bed. Spending my day off with him used to take away all my stress and tiredness," she said with a small smile on her face. She told me about her life with him. She had never told me about it before. I felt a tug in my heart while listening to her. I know how much struggle she had to provide everything for her mother and Neil. And she was not even complaining about it but telling me about the joy of spending her day off with Neil. People prefer to stay at home on that day. Give rest to their exhausted bodies, but she exhausted them more for the happiness of our son. She takes all her hardships with a smile on her face. She is a strong woman. I'm so lucky to have her. I smiled back at her faintly. I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat.

"I will eat pizza. A big pizza," Neil announced while spreading his small hands wide, showing the size of pizza he wants. It made us laugh at his cute demands. Hazel ruffled his hair again.

"Yes, you will get a big pizza," I said, which made him happy. I called the waiter and ordered our food. I didn't like the way he was asking Hazel for her order. He needs to know she is mine. I dismissed him and asked for another waiter. I hate every second glance she gets. This seductress didn't even know what she was doing. I made sure to pull her towards me when we walked out of the restaurant after dinner. She was surprised when I did that and tried to move away, but I made my hold strong on her waist, not letting her go. Everyone should get a clear message. 

She is mine alone.

Tonight, I'm going to show her it too.

_______________________________________
A/N

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed. 
Bed of Nails up to chapter 34.

To know more search  PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.