Chapter 158

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

That's what I thought. 

I walked to Neil's room.  He was still sleeping, cuddling with his Teddy. It was the gift he received from my mom. Since then, it's been his best toy. He doesn't go to sleep without it. A smile formed on my lips looking at the healthy weight he has put on this past month. I sat beside him and moved my hand across his face. He leaned into my warmth when I did that.  He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping.  I kissed his head and decided to let him sleep some more.  I slowly moved my hand and got up from bed. I walked out of the room. 

"Is he still sleeping?" my mother asked when she saw me coming out of his room. 

"Yes," I said with a smile on my face. 

"Let him sleep more, the more he sleeps, it will help him in recovering soon," my mother said with a smile on her face.  His medications are a little heavy, which makes him sleep more. 

"I will wake him afterward," I said with an understanding nod.  Saying that I walked to my room. Skyler was sleeping with my pillow in his arms. He was hugging it like Neil was hugging his teddy.  Like father, like son. I moved my head in amusement.  I opened the curtains, letting the morning sun rays into the room. I looked back at him.  

"Skyler, wake up!" I tried to wake him up. I was done making breakfast, and he was still sleeping. He reacted when I called his name.  I exhaled and walked to him. 

"Skyl"  I was about to wake him up, but he looked so deep in his sleep. He was working late last night.  He was working a lot nowadays because he had to catch up with all the work he missed in the past few months.  He comes late from the office every day, and when he comes back, he plays with Neil if he is awake. He barely gets time for himself.  I think I have to let him sleep too. I closed the curtains on my way out.  

"Skyler is sleeping too," my mother asked me when she saw me walking out of the room. I nodded my head yes and sat beside her on the couch. 

"He must be tired from all the office work.  Let me sleep today, after all today is sunday. Let him rest," my mother said while sipping her coffee. We decided to have breakfast and let the father and son eat together when they woke up. 

"So now," my mother asked me when I was done with my breakfast. I grabbed my coffee and took a sip.  

"I will clean the house and then again go and try to wake them up," I said while sipping on my coffee. 

"I'm not talking about it," my mother said, keeping her coffee cup on the table. My brows rose in confusion. 

"Then what are you talking about?" I asked and kept my cup beside her.  I was done with it too. She exhaled, looking at my face. 

"So what are you thinking about your future?" my mother said to me. Future!  My brows furrowed even more, not just in confusion but in question too. This question didn't come to mind when she asked me. I was so endorsed in my day-to-day life that the thought of my future didn't come up in my mind.  I stayed quiet, not knowing what I should say. "Neil's surgery is done, and with God's grace, he is recovering very well." Now it's time for you to think about your future" my mother said looking at my face when I didn't say anything.  She covered my hand with hers, making me look at her. 

"I don't know. I was so engrossed with Neil's surgery, and he held that this thought never came up in my head," I said genuinely, exhaling deeply. 

"You don't have to stress so much. Just think about it with a calm mind about what you want to do," she said with a warm, encouraging smile on her face. She was right. I have to think about my future too. Mom went to her room after some time.  I collected my plate and mug and went to the kitchen. I was washing my plate, and my mind was so occupied that I didn't notice when he walked into the kitchen. 

"Good morning," he said while wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me to his chest. His presence pulled me out of my thoughts. "Good morning," I said with a smile while continuing my work.  He kissed me on my neck and then placed his chin on my shoulder with his hands still wrapped around my waist. 

"I'm hungry," he said the way Neil would say. I chuckled and whipped my wet hands with a clean kitchen cloth.  

"Go wake up Neil.  He needs to eat his meds. I will get both of you breakfast" I said, pushing him a little away from me.  He groaned, not liking the distance I made between us, but he still walked out to wake up Neil. They both came after ten minutes.  He must have made Neil brush his teeth.  Neil was eating his breakfast with a happy face because I made his favourite sandwich. 

"Mom is done with packing," Skyler asked me and took a bite of his sandwich. 

"Yes, and her flight is in four hours, so both of us get ready soon," I said while wiping the sauce from Neil's face. Mom was going back home because she missed it. She will come back to meet us soon. We will go to meet her there too.  He nodded his head.  We dropped mom at the airport after three hours.  Neil was crying because his Nano was going back and leaving him behind. Today we had an appointment with Neil's doctor.  It was for Nails' follow-up. He told us that he was doing well.  I asked him about the scars he has on his chest because of surgery. He told us that they will still be there but will fade as he grows up.  Skylar and I both were happy after hearing it.  Our boy was becoming healthy again, and what else could we wish for? We had dinner outside.  Neil slept in my arms on our way back home. Skyler took Neil to his room.  I walked to our room. I freshened up and changed my clothes.  I lay down in bed and started to think about what my mother said. Skyler came to bed after getting fresh and changing into sweatpants.  

"What are you thinking about?"  He asked while pulling me to his chest.  I took a deep breath and looked into forest-green eyes. They looked down at me with adoration and full of love. I wanted to see something, so I asked him the question.

"I want me and Neil to go back to my old life." 

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 54.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 14.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.