Chapter 124

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

Skyler pov.

I left the house before she could hand back the card. I saw how her face lost its colour when I mentioned our unfinished conversation last night. I know she was hoping I would forget about it somehow. I know my Hazel. If she is thinking about something, her eyes give away everything. I'm going to finish our unfinished conversations once I'm back from the office. I can't keep beating around the bush anymore. I need to clearly state my intentions to her. I know very well that she is planning to go back to her hometown once Neil gets proper treatment. But I'm not going to let either of them go back. I let her go once, and I will not make that mistake again. She is mine, and I will once again make sure to show her that. With determination, I went down. Dwayne was waiting for me near my car.

"Sir," he said while opening the car for me. I nodded in acknowledgement and sat down. He took the driver's seat.

"Have you gathered information about him?" I asked while looking at the file that he had kept ready for me.

"Yes sir. He has been on the run for the past four years since he stole money from the company. My men are tracing him," he informed me while driving the car. I looked at the details of the beast. He has been following us since Hazel came back.

"Did you find something suspicious about him?'' I asked, looking at the bank details.

"Yes sir. He keeps changing his place of work and stealing money from them, but the money has been going to a specific account. That smart ass has used his IT skills to hide it," Dwayne said while looking at me from the front view mirror.

"Give this file to Kevin; he will take out all his details. I want to know why he has been keeping the taps on Hazel. Inform me immediately once he knows where the money is going. I want to see why he is sending money to that account," I said while closing the file and throwing it beside me.

Yes, sir," he said obediently, and I gave him a curt nod. Soon we reached my office. Dwayne followed me to my floor as my bodyguard. I told my secretary to prepare the meeting room, and he told me everyone was already waiting for me. I was an hour late for a meeting. It never happens. I had woken up on time, but I didn't feel like leaving the bed. Both mother and son looked so adorable while sleeping. I snuggled in and slept again. If I had not been greedy and woke up on time, then this would not have happened. I stopped when I was in front of the meeting room. I turned around and looked at Dwayne.

"You go back and take Hazel wherever she wants. Tighten security around them. I will not accept any excuses if there are any casualties," I said in my firm, serious tone. They were my priorities, and I won't let anything happen to them. He nodded his head before walking away. I went into the meeting room. I apologise to everyone for being late and for starting the meeting without any further delay. It was a meeting about the progress happening inside the company. I have been giving most of my time to my family and working from home most of the time. I have been away from them for so long, but not anymore. So I keep this meeting once a week to know about the progress. The meeting went on for the next two hours.

"In the next meeting, I would like the numbers to be increased to our targets," I said when all the presentations were done. Everyone nodded their heads.

"That's it, guys. Thank you for all your hard work, and I hope to get detailed reports soon," I said to my staff, who nodded their heads. I told my Secretary to send all the reports to my office and the file of the new deal we have been trying to crack.

"Send my coffee," I said to my secretary before walking out of the meeting room. I was surprised when I entered my office.

"Dad," I called out to him, who was busy looking out of the glass wall.

"What a surprise. When did you come back from London?" I asked with a smile on my face while walking towards him. He smiled back. I engulfed him in a hug.

"Thank God you still remember you have a dad," he said while hugging me back.

"Of course I do," I said with furrowed brows while walking him towards my desk. We took our seats and asked my Secretary to send two cups of coffee.

"I thought you were coming next month," I said as soon as I cut the call.

"I was supposed to, but I had to cut short my business trip. I couldn't stay there after knowing what was happening here," dad said while folding his hands on the desk and lining forward a little.

"Why is this happening here? Everything is going fine with the company. I just had a progress meeting," I said with a smile. My Secretary brought two cups of coffee for us. I gave one to my dad. He exhaled while taking it from me.

"Skylar, I'm not talking about the company; I'm talking about your life," he said while looking at me, throwing the same set of forest-green eyes as mine. I was about to sip my steaming coffee. I stopped and looked at him.

Dad, everything is going fine; you don't need to worry about anything." I tried to sue him with a small smile on my lips. I knew everything was far from being fine. I still need to convince Hazle to let me redeem my mistakes.

"How should I stop worrying after knowing that I have a grandchild out of the blue? My son was refusing to settle down until yesterday, and now he is a father," he said in annoyance while looking at me with his mad eyes.

"Dad," I said, trying to calm him down. Dad doesn't get angry this easily.

"I know you would not have told me about having a son even if he had turned twenty. You know what's hurting that I came to know about it from others and not from my son," dad said in his mad voice with a disapproving look on his face.

"Dad, I wanted to tell you everything in person. I was waiting for you to come back from your business trip," I said, wanting him to understand. Knowing you have a child was a shock for me too. Hazel would have never told me if I had discovered it on my own.

"My family is more important to me than any business trip. After your mother was gone, you were everything to me. I have never forced you into anything. I have always let you be. In return, I want only transparency between us, as my son, but you have wounded me today. You had to hide such a big thing from me. You never told me what happened between you and Hazel until now. She left four years ago, and now she is back with a child. You knew she was pregnant, and you still left her," he said in his hurt, accusing voice while looking away from her. I couldn't see the hurt look on his face. I stood up and walked to his side.

"Dad, I never had any intention of hiding it from you," I said while taking a seat in front of him.

"I will tell you everything," I said while taking his hands in mine. I told him everything, hoping he would understand. He moved his hands away from mine.

"Because of you, Hazel and my grandson have been living such a hard life," he said while standing up.

"I had never expected it from you," he said, disappointed in me. Saying that he walked out. I stood while swallowing the bitter lump that formed in my throat. Now, Dad is upset with me too. I knew it was my fault that I let her go, and I have made up my mind to redeem my mistake.

I will get my family back.

_______________________________________
A/N

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed. 
Bed of Nails up to chapter 34.

To know more search  PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.