Chapter 152

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"Lee" 

I immediately stood up from my sleeping position. He smiled sickly at me, making my heart beat fast in fear. My eyes moved to my sleeping son. I started to fear for both of us. I tried to walk to him, but Lee pointed a sharp knife at my throat. 

"Why are you in such a hurry?" he said with a sick smile on his lips. His knife kept pointing at my throat. I swallowed hard, looking at it. My eyes moved to it then back at him. How the hell did he get in? 

"It's not hard for some to break into a hospital in a doctor's disguise," he said, answering my question as if he knew what I was thinking. That's when I noticed. He was wearing a doctor's coat and a mask. 

"But it still took effort for me to knock down those bodyguards your baby daddy has placed in front of the door," he mocked with that stupid smile on his face. My eyes widened in fear when he said that. 

"Hel–"  I tried to scream, but he pressed the edge of the knife into my skin. 

"If I were you, I wouldn't do that," he said, looking straight into my eyes. 

"It will take me only a few seconds to slice your neck, and then next will be him," he said sickly, with a warning in his voice. His words sent chills down my spine, and helpless tears started to form in my eyes. My eyes moved to my sleeping son. He has just come out of such a big danger, and now this man here is threatening to take his life. What have I done wrong to be in this situation? 

"Why are you doing this? What wrong I have done to you," I said, with angry tears slipping down my cheeks. 

"Are you not happy after running my life four years ago?" My child and I have suffered so much because of you. 

"Wasn't it enough for you?" I cried out, with more angry tears falling out of my eyes. He scoffed when I said that. A sadistic look took over his face. He looked nothing like the Lee I knew four years ago. A big lump formed in my throat. He tilted his head and looked at me with that sadistic look in his eyes. 

"Your sorrows are nothing in front of mine." You have suffered nothing compared to what I went through. But not anymore. You will feel the same pain I went through. 

"Then I will ask you the same question," he said with a manic smile on his face. What is he saying? My heart started to pump in fear when he said that. His threat made my stomach scrunch with bad feelings. I don't know what pain he went through. What nonsense is he talking about? I don't care what is going on in his sick head. I want my son to be safe. I won't let him do anything to him. 

"Seat," he said to me while pointing at the couch behind me. I didn't, and I kept looking at him with angry eyes. I was thinking about ways to get his knife, but he was pressing it into my skin. 

"I said seat!" he shouted, making me flinch at my place. The sharp edge tore my skin, making blood trickle down my neck. My fingers curled into a fist when I felt the stinging pain in my neck, but I still refused to take his order. I was not scared for my life but for my son's. Getting impatient, he pushed me onto the couch, making me fall on it. 

"Hazel, why is the door closed? Open the door," I heard Skyler's voice from behind the door. My eyes widened, and I tried to get up. 

"Help, Skyler, he is here," I shouted before he could stop me. Lee smacked me in the face when I did that. As soon as I said that, Skyler started to break the door. 

"Bitch," he said while grabbing my hair and pulling it back. I felt a sharp pain in my scalp, and blood started dripping out of my lower lip. Tears formed in my eyes, but I kept glaring at him. I tried to beat him on his chest, but he again smacked very hard on my face, making my cheeks throb in pain. 

"Don't worry, I will make that basted pay for it," Skyler yelled while still trying to break the door. 

"Tell him to stop," Lee said again, pointing the knife at my throat, but I refused to open my mouth. 

"No," I refused while looking straight into his eyes. If Skyler can save one of us, I want him to save Neil. My vision blurred because of his hard slaps, but I blinked my eyes, doing my best not to lose consciousness. 

"Mama!" I heard a crying voice, and my heart jumped up. All this commission woke him up. I turned around to look at him, not caring about his painful grip on my hair. Tears were falling from his eyes as he looked at me. He knew something was wrong. 

"See, you woke him up," Lee said with a manic smile on his face, looking at Neil crying. 

"Mama," he said again, with his hand in front of me, asking me to come near him. 

"Mama is a fine baby. You are my strong baby, right? Please stop crying." I tried my best to console him, but I winced when Lee pulled my hair. 

"Yes, baby, you will see how I slice your mama's delicate neck." Lee scoffed and placed the knife on my neck. Skyler kicked the door. My heart was beating loudly. My eyes were fixed on my crying son. I was going to die any second. My son was going to see him die in front of his eyes. I was scared, but I managed to bring a big smile to my face. It hurt when I smiled because of the throbbing pain in my cheeks. If it's going to be the last moment we share. I don't want my son to see fear in my eyes. Tears fell from my eyes but I still kept smiling at him. 

"Mama loves you." 

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 51.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 12.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.