Chapter 145

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"What the hell does he want from me?"

I played the video again. The elevator doors opened, and he walked out of it. He was wearing a black hoodie and cap to hide his face. Part of his face was hidden behind his cover, but the small part of his face was visible, and I knew instantly who he was. My intuition became clear when he raised his face towards the camera. Now I could see his face. He thought he would get rid of all the camera footage, and that's why he looked up, not knowing there was a hidden camera. I could see his face. I can never forget that face. My fingers formed a fist when his face flashed in front of my eyes. I took deep breaths to swallow my anger. I controlled my anger and resumed watching the video. He kept an envelope-like thing in front of the door and then rang the bell. He turned around, walked leisurely to the elevator, and disappeared behind the metal doors. My brows furrowed as I looked at the paper laying in front of the door.

After a minute or two, Hazel opened the door. She walked out to see who was there, but she found no one at the door. She was about to go back when she found no one and her gaze fell on the letter. She picked it up and opened it. I couldn't see her facial expression because her hair was covering her face, but I noticed the change in her body posture. It went stiff as soon as she read what was written on the paper. After a few minutes, I appeared at the door, and I saw her putting that paper in her back pocket before I could notice it. My eyes moved more upward when I saw that. I remember asking her who was at the door, and she said there was no one. I remember her face getting tense when I asked her that. But she covered it up, saying no one was there. That tense look still stayed on her face when we walked back to the living room. Her tense face made me call Dwayne to check the footage of the front door. Something was off, and she was not telling me. I could see she was afraid but was hiding behind her smile. Something was bothering her, and she was not ready to tell me. My suspicions increased even more when Dwyane called back and said the footage from the camera was blank. Someone has breached the security room and deleted it. I told him to search through and call the best IT team to get the footage. They were successful in getting it.

I shut my laptop and closed my eyes. My back slumped on the chair, and I exhaled loudly. What is happening? Why is Hazel hiding that paper from me? What was written in it? So many questions clashed in my head. I opened my eyes and looked at her sleeping form. I found myself in distress. In a big dilemma. The past incidents started to run in front of my closed eyes, like an old picture. My body started to feel anxious. Suddenly, her tense face flashed in front of my closed eyes. I opened my eyes and looked at the cut on my wrist. The cut was scarred, but those memories were still fresh in my mind. I drew my breath and tried to relax. What kind of letter must he have left for her? But how did he know she would open the door? It would have been me instead of her. Something is not right.

"I need to find that paper to know what is in it," I whispered under my breath as I walked to the closet. I need to find it to know what's in it. I need to know what she is hiding. I stood up from my place to find it. But I stopped after taking the first step. I can't go through her things to find them. It doesn't feel right to me. I sat back on the chair. I rubbed my face with both hands, not knowing what to do. I want to know what was written in it, but I can't do it. I need to trust her to show me on her own. I rested my elbows on my thighs while my fingers pushed my hair back. I need to relax, and only one thing can help me now. I took a deep breath before getting up and walking to the bed. I looked at her sleeping face. She looked like an angel. My angel. I lay beside her and pulled her soft body onto my chest. I took a deep breath of her intoxicating scent until I fell asleep. The next day, I woke up alone on the bed. Neil was nowhere to be found in the room, nor was his mother. A sudden panic surged in me, and I immediately got out of bed. I checked for them in the bathroom, in the walk-in closet, and on the patio, but they were nowhere. I started to feel even more distressed. I grabbed sweatpants and wore them in a hurry. I didn't bother to cover my torso. It was the last thing I cared about. I walked out of the room to find no one in the living room.

"Hazel." I called her name loudly when you saw the empty living room.

Where is she?

"Hazel." I called her even louder when she didn't reply. At this point, my heart was beating so fast. So many unwanted thoughts came to mind. It was scaring me to no extent. I was about to walk to her mother's room when I heard footsteps.

"What happened? Why are you calling me like that?" I heard her worried voice coming from behind me. I turned around immediately to find her walking towards me from the kitchen door. I took two long steps to cut the distance between us and engulfed her in my arms. She was surprised when I did that. I hugged her tightly while burying my face in her neck. I took deep breaths in her alluring scent to calm myself down. I kept hugging her. She made a soothing circle on my back, letting me hug her. When we broke the hug, I cupped her face and kissed those luscious pink lips. She was breathless when I was done kissing her like a madman. Her eyes were closed. I rested my forehead on her.

"How many times have I told you not to leave the room when I'm sleeping, and you even took Neil with you?" I complained with my eyes still closed and my forehead resting on her.

"He was hungry," she said in her soft yet breathless voice.

"You should have woken me up," I said in the same tone, not like she left the room while I was sleeping. I don't like to wake up alone in bed. She moved further and hugged me.

"We are not going anywhere," she assured me while looking up at me from my chest. I took a deep breath of relief and wrapped my hands around her petite frame.

"As if I'm going to let you both go anywhere in this life." I breathe out those words and kiss her head. She laughed when I said that.

"Now come, let's have breakfast," she said, taking me to the kitchen. The three of us had our breakfast. It was still early in the morning, so no one had woken up. Neil wanted to play with his new toys, so he ran to the living room to play with them. We both went to the bedroom. I was thinking about asking her about the letter when she walked out of the closet.

"Skyler, I want to show you something," she said in her distressed voice, making me look at her in concern. The stress I saw on her face yesterday was back. My brows furrowed when she said that. She forwards an envelope, and my eyes immediately recognise it. My hands shook a bit while I took that envelope from her. What must be written in it? But when I opened it and read it, my jaw clenched and my fingers balled into fists.

"That bastard!" 

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 44.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 8.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.