Chapter 18

****Follow me and vote****

"And we need to test all of them before buying"

I was still in a daze not believing what happened just now. I sat there still for a good five minutes. 

"Miss. Smith" I heard him calling me that made me jolt up from my place and walk where he was standing. He chose more furniture and before finalising it he asked me to set it on. He even asked me to sit at the coffee table. I sat on it with caution as the glass looked so thin. I don't know why he was doing this. Is he trying to use this furniture until he gets old? I was exhausted now from all the testing before buying. I even saw some salesmen looking at us widely but they ran away when he looked at them with his demon green eyes. 

I was looking forward to going back home and going back to sleep. My stomach growled as I had not eaten anything since morning. My Sunday was ruined and nothing else was left for me. No time was left for me. I exhaled loudly and walked with a slumped shoulder towards where he was standing. I found him standing in front of a four-poster bed. His green gaze was trained on it as he was calculating something. I don't know why but I stopped in my tracks as I saw the bed. He can choose the last piece of furniture on his own. I was about to turn and walk away from him as much as possible. 

"Miss. Smith" he called my name, making me stop taking the next step. I bit my lower lip. Why I'm not a fast walker. I still didn't turn back and kept standing showing him my back. 

"God please let him say something else and not a testing word" I didn't want to hear that word again out of his mouth. I prayed silently for him to say we are done, you can go home or I will select the remaining things you can leave. I kept begging in my mind. 

"Come here I want to test the bed," he said in his evil voice, making me stop praying and close my eyes in dismay. Why God, why? I felt his burning gaze making a hole in my back as I had still not turned to face him to follow his words.  

"Do you want me to repeat myself?" he said in a more strenuous voice as I could hear impatience in his voice. I exhaled again and turned to face him, still biting the inside of my lower lip. 

"Can't you buy it without tasting it and why do you need me to test it for you? Don't you think you should be the one who should test because you are going to use them?" I exclaimed as I was done with all the facade of the testing. I can't do this testing anymore. I'm fed up with it now. Listening to my words he tilted his head and looked at me with his forest green eyes as if he was looking at his prey. The look on his face struck something in me screaming at me to run away but I stayed glued to my place. 

"Don't conclude things so early?" he said in his darn voice, making me swallow hard at his tone. Hazel stops getting bossed around by him. If you let him do this to you every time he will consume, bend you like that for his fun. I took a deep breath and straightened my poster as I kept my eyes fixed on him. 

"I won't do it," I said firmly, looking straight into his eyes as I adjusted the glasses on my nose. Listening to my words, amusement danced in his eyes as he followed my action as I adjusted my glasses. 

"Disobedience is what I don't appreciate in a person," he said in the same voice, trying to make me rethink my decision. He doesn't know if Hazel Smith makes up her mind then no one can make me change my decision. 

"And dominance is what I don't like in a person" I retorted back with the same intensity. If he thinks he will threaten me again and I will do whatever he wants then he is wrong. Now we are in public and I will scream at the top of my lungs if he tries something funny. His jaw clenched listening to my words. I knew he didn't like the way I talked back with him in the way his eyes narrowed on me.