Chapter 98

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"I know"

He carried me in his arms, and after a few steps, I felt a soft bed touching my back. He hovered over me. Tears still kept falling out of the corner of my eyes, blurring my vision. He wiped the trails of warm tears with his thumb. I felt tingles on my skin, and it made me close my eyes. More tears escaped following the trails of old tears. He moved his hand through my hair and untied it. I remember how he liked my hair open. His wet lips again kissed all over my face. As if he were memorising the map of my face again. He connected our foreheads after pressing his warm lips to them. I could feel his warm breath fanning over my face. Noses touching, breath mixing, and lips hovering only a few centimetres away He didn't keep them hovering for long because they crashed into mine. He started kissing me with the same intensity he was kissing me at the door. I kissed him back as tears kept falling out of my eyes. His hands kept running their fingers through my hair, making me relax under him. He slowly started moving his lips towards my jaw, making me a breathless mess. My heavy pants echoed in the semi-dark room. He pecked on my jaw, and then he started to trace a line on my neck with his wet lips.

My hands itched to touch him, but instead, I grabbed the bed sheet, stopping myself. His lips nibbled on my bare neck while his hands pulled down the top of my shoulder, exposing it. I bit my lower lip when I felt his teeth sinking into my skin at the junction of my neck and shoulder. I closed my eyes even more tightly, and my chest heaved with need. The needs I never dare to satisfy with any other man I have always been his, and that's what made me even madder at myself. Why have I given him so much power over me even when he doesn't believe me? All my questions faded when he kissed me on my upper chest. His fingers curled on the hemp of my top and slowly started to pull it up. My eyes opened wide when I realised what he was doing. All my insecurities flood in. My breasts are larger than before. My stomach is not flat anymore and has stretch marks on it. My thighs are thick now and not toned anymore.

My hands let go of the bed sheet and covered his hand, stopping him. He looked at me with hunger in his eyes. His forest-green eyes were filled with needs. I swallowed hard, looking back into his forest-green eyes. If he keeps looking at me like that for even a few more seconds, I will give in. I bit my lower lip in a dilemma. Deep down, I wanted him to touch me and make me forget all my insecurities, but somehow I found myself not doing it. He still looked so handsome, and his body was more bulky and attractive than before. We both looked so opposite. All my insecurities flooded my mind, not letting me take further steps. A defeated whine left his mouth. He sighed deeply, looking at me, when I was about to give in. "I'm not doing anything, Dove," he said softly while pulling my top over my head. I could hear the darkness in his words. He threw it in the room and then pulled me towards him.

"Sleep," he mumbled in my hair with both hands wrapped around me. I buried my face in his bare chest. I could still feel his eyes on me, so I turned around. He pressed his wet lips to my bare back and pulled me even closer to him, as if it were even possible. His one hand rested below my breast, keeping me pinned to him, and on the other, my head was resting on his big bicep.

My eyes were already heavy and tired from crying so much. Exhaustion took over me, and I found myself closing my eyes to rest for a few hours in the warmth of his arms. I don't know what will happen once it's morning, but for now, I don't want to think about it. I just want to rest before I have another breakdown. I can't let it happen when my child is in the hospital. I stopped thinking and let sleep take over. It felt like I was having a peaceful sleep after ages. I had a very sweet dream. We were having a picnic in the garden like a happy family. A very healthy Neil was running, and Skyler was chasing him. Neil's laughter filled the air, making my heart happy. I smiled widely, looking at the happy father-son duo. I felt so happy that our family was finally complete. Neil doesn't have to grow up without his father. I smiled, looking at their happy faces.

"Neil, baby, don't run fast; you will get hurt," I said a little worldly while making a sandwich for them.

"Mom, I'm healthy now. I can run as much as I want. Dad, catch me," he said loudly, and his laughter echoed even more. Skyler ran, keeping up with his pace.

"Don't worry, Dove." I will not let him fall," Skyler assured me, and I breathed in relief. I turned my head and continued making sandwiches for them. But suddenly I heard the painful scream of my Neil, and it made me look up. My eyes widened when I found myself in the hospital and not in the garden anymore. People were taking Neil to the operating theatre, and I was standing there alone, looking at him as he cried in pain.

"Mamma, I can't breathe," he said in pain, making my heart drop in my stomach. I wanted to run and comfort him, but my feet were glued to the floor, not letting me move. I tried my best with my years running down my face.

"Mamma!" I heard my baby screaming, and doors slammed shut before I could reach him. My eyes opened, and I jolted up, trembling in fear. Sweat was running down my whole face. I lifted my hands to wipe it. It was a nightmare. My baby is safe. I need to check on him. Suddenly, I heard the ringing of the cell phone. Mom must be calling me. I took the call, not letting it ring a second time.

"Hello!" I heard an unfamiliar woman's voice even before I could speak.

"Skyler, why have you not picked up my phone? You got me so worried," that woman said, and I could sense the concern in her voice. I looked at my cell phone to find it was not mine but his. I was not in my house. Last night flashed in front of my eyes. I remembered how I ended up in his bed. I looked again at the cell phone screen. My sweet Irene's name was flashing on it. My hands trembled when the realisation crossed my mind. I cut the call and put it back on the nightstand. I stood up from the bed. He was nowhere to be found. I heard the water running in the bathroom. I started finding my top hastily, and I found it on the floor near the bed. I grabbed it and wore it. I walked out of his room before he came out of the bathroom. I found my bag lying in the same place I dropped it yesterday. I quickly grabbed it and walked out of his house. Once I was in the elevator, I slid down, and an unbearable sob left my mouth.

"How did I forget he has a wife?"

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 169.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.