Chapter 103

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"Mother of my child."

My eyes widened in fear when he introduced me as the mother of his child. My heart started beating fast, and sweat started to form on my forehead. His heated eyes were still on me, and I didn't dare look at him. Slowly, everything started to fade around me. Voices started to sound distinct. I lifted my fearful eyes to look at the old couple. The old couple standing in front of me too had shocked expressions on their faces. I bit my lower lip hard as my anxiety took the best of me. I slowly lifted my eyes to look at him. My breath hitched when my light brown, fearful eyes clashed with his forest green eyes already looking down at me. We kept staring at each other without uttering a word. The prolonged silence was killing me with each passing second. His serious facade broke, and he showed me his teeth.

"I'm just kidding. She is my date for tonight," he said, still looking down at me as if he were looking straight into my soul. I looked away while taking heavy breaths.

"Well, that was quite a surprise for us. You got us," that old man laughed, joining him as he patted his back.

"Look at her; you scared her," his wife said, joining them.

"Did I?" he said, pulling me towards him. I forced a smile on my lips, still not daring to look back at him. All this time, my heart was beating in my mouth. I need to breathe in the fresh air.

"Excuse me," I said, trying to get out of his hold, but he stopped me.

"Where do you think you are going?" He asked in his firm tone, not letting me go out of his hold.

"I need to go to the washroom," I said in the same tone, not wanting to sound timid even though I was shaking from inside. We felt that old couple looking at us curiously. He let me go even though he didn't want to. I could tell it from his face. I forced myself to smile again at the old couple before walking away. I walked away while gasping for air. I don't know what's happening around me. I felt a little light-headed and wanted to sit very badly. I searched for the restroom for five minutes before finding it in the corner. I walked into it, and luckily no one was there. I balanced my body while putting my hands on the sink. I was having a very bad feeling after what he said. Why did he say that? Did he find out about Neil being my son and not my lover? What if he did? What will he do? No, it can't be. I can't let it happen. I would never let him see my son as his mistake. I took out my phone and called Ellen. I wanted to hear Neil's voice very badly.

"Ellen, I want to talk with Neil," I said restlessly while pressing my forehead with another hand. A slight throb has started to form in it.

"Is everything okay?" Ellen asked, sensing the restlessness in my voice.

"Yes, Ellen, it's just that I want to talk with him," I said calmly, trying to assure her.

"Ok," she said, still not convinced, but handed the cell phone to Neil.

"Mama," when I heard it from his mouth, stopped beating fast, and my restlessness went away. I talked with him until my heartbeat evened out. I splashed some water on my face to awaken my senses. I stayed there until I composed myself. I walked back to the event after a few minutes with a less anxious heart. I moved my eyes through the crowd, but I couldn't find him. I was busy searching for him when someone came and stood in front of me.

"Hey," he said, making me look at him. I saw a familiar face standing in front of me, but I couldn't make out where I had seen him. He looked like he was in his late thirties.