Chapter 64

***Follow me and vote***

He let go of my hand to hug her back. 

I decide to move away to give them little privacy looking at her crying self. I was about to walk away with cold hands but it was again engulfed in a warm one even before I could take a step away from them. I looked at Skyler with sad and at the same time surprised eyes. He moved his head in no. He was asking me not to walk away as he consoled her. I felt a bit happy because he noticed my movement even though he was trying to console his friend. She kept continuously crying and when she calmed down a bit three of us walked inside. Skyler made her seat on the couch and handed her the tissues. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water for her. I handed her the glass of water when she was busy blowing her nose. I looked at him and he gestured for me to sit beside him. I walked towards him and took my seat. 

"What happened Mia," he asked her when she stopped blowing her nose and was done with a gulping glass full of water. She was about to talk but stopped when she looked at me. 

"Sky, what is your Secretary doing here?" she said, still sniffing. Instead of answering his question, she asked one. Her question suddenly made me a bit uncomfortable because no one else in his family or friends knew that we were staying together. I think only Zanvil and Jane know about it. 

"She is my girlfriend. We live together" he said, answering her while putting his hand on mine. 

"Don't tell me you are again getting involved with your secretary. You know how it ended last time" she huffed while looking at him still sniffing. She was surprised after hearing his words. Her words made me go stiff. What does she mean? 

Does he often get involved with his secretary? 

"Are you here to talk about my personal life or you are going to tell me why you were crying standing outside my door at this late hour?" he questioned straight away, making her eyes fill with tears again. They started to fall out of her eyes again because she remembered why she was there. Skyler's hand grabbed mine in a firm grip, not letting it go when I tried to move it. 

"He broke off the engagement with me" she sobbed while grabbing more tissues for herself. 

"What why," Skyler asked in bewilderment. 

"I don't know he just broke off things with me while blaming me for something I don't even know" she sobbed even more while crying out loudly. I looked at Skyler with worried eyes and him in distress. She was crying and crying nonstop. I can't blame her. Her heart is broken and she needs to cry to let it go. 

"Mia, why don't you rest for now. We will talk about this in the morning and I will make sure to put some sense into him" he said while patting her back when she didn't stop crying. She gave a small nod while blowing her nose. 

"Do you want to eat something?" I asked opening my mouth for the first time. 

"No thank you, I had my dinner," she said while still wiping her nose. 

"Please show me my room," she said in her crying voice. Skyler walked away with her to show her room and I walked back to the kitchen with an empty glass. Her words were roaming in my head even when I didn't want them to. I was washing it when Skyler walked into the kitchen without me noticing his presence. I was lost in my thoughts. He stood behind me and wrapped his hands around me when I was placing the glass on the shelf. A gasp left my mouth because of his sudden appearance. He nuzzled his face in my neck while taking a deep breath in my scent. Goosebumps formed on my skin when the tip of his nose brushed on my neck. 

"Are you hungry?" he whispered in my ear while pressing a kiss behind it. It made my body shiver at the contact of his lips on my skin. I was but I didn't feel like eating anything. 

"No" I mumbled under my breath but my stomach betrayed me and it growled loudly making my face turn red. His chest vibrated. He was laughing at me. I turned my face and glared at him. 

"Go get changed, I will make something for us," he said huskily while kissing my cheek. He let me go and I walked away without any further questions. I went to our room. Skyler had already taken our bags to our room. I walked to the bathroom and washed my face and hands. After that, I changed into a comfortable oversized t-shirt of his and my shorts. I walked down and saw him putting something in two dishes. He walked towards me with it when he saw me. I took my seat on the table and he sat beside me. 

"I only found this in our house," he said while keeping steaming hot instant noodles in front of me. 

"I need to go grocery shopping," I said while taking the chopsticks he brought. 

"We need to go grocery shopping," he said in a tone that sounded like a correction. I nodded my head and took the first bite. 

"It's delicious," I said half moaning while stuffing my mouth with more. I was hungry. He had also added some vegetables to it. I don't like vegetables in my instant noodles but today was an exception. They tasted so good. He grinned while looking at me. After eating I decided to wash the dishes but he didn't let me. 

"Let me do it," I said in a firm tone. 

"No you can do it tomorrow," he said and dragged me to our room before I could say anything. I decided to get in bed until he freshens up. Again that thought kept on roaming in my head even though I didn't want it to be. He walked into the room after a few minutes. I was debating with myself if I should or shouldn't ask him. He laid down beside me and pulled me towards him. We both were now in a spooning position with his hands trying to move inside my shirt. His warm breath was fanning my bare neck. I can't take this anymore. I opened my mouth to ask him a question while still lying in the same position. My heart was beating loudly because I was not ready to hear the answer to the question I was about to ask. But I need to know the answer for peace of mind. 

"What Mia said early is it true?" I question in my calm yet firm voice. 

His body went stiff, his breath hitched and he stopped moving his hand. 

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 97
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 137

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.