Chapter 142

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"Enjoy your family time because you don't have much time with them."

So many questions were raised in my head when I read those words. My eyes remained glued to the piece of paper that had fallen from my trembling hand. Who must have sent this? My eyes trained in the empty lobby to see if the sender was still hiding somewhere and watching me. But to my dismay, no one was there.

"Hazel, Hazel." I heard Skyler calling me, and it made me come back to my senses. I could sense his voice coming near me. I hunched down and grabbed the paper before he could come. Grabbing it, I immediately stood up.

"What's wrong?" Skyler asked when he saw my nervous smile. His brows were furrowed, and his forest-green eyes remained fixed on me. I crumpled the paper and put it in my back pocket.

"Who was at the door?" he asked while looking at me in the same manner.

"N-no one," I stuttered while giving him a nervous smile. His furrow deepened when I said that. I took a deep breath to calm myself. I can't tell him about the paper now. Today is Neil's birthday, and everyone is so happy. He is so excited to celebrate Neil's birthday together for the first time. He is happy, and I don't want to worry him after telling him what I found at the door. What if it is some kind of prank? I have to wait until everything is done. I took one more deep breath to calm my wildly beating heart.

"There was no one here when I opened the door. I think someone must have run away after ringing the bell," I said with a little convincing smile. His forest-green eyes moved behind me. They moved back to me when he found no one in the lobby.

"It's strange. No one enters the building without proper identification. I will ask Dwayne to check it," he said while pulling me towards him.

"Come, let's go inside before someone else comes to find us," he said while tucking my tray hair behind my ear. I smiled at him and gave a small nod. We walked inside, and we went back to mingling with everyone. I was smiling, but inside my head, those words were going on like a broken record. Who must have sent it? What problem does he have with me? And what does he mean by I don't have much time left with my family? All these questions were making my head hurt badly. I was thinking about them on repeat.

"Mama," my attention was diverted by Neil. I found him standing in front of me.

"Yes, baby," I said while looking at him.

"Can you open this for me?" he asked while forwarding a bar of chocolate to me. I tore the wrapper for him, and then he asked me to feed him. My mind was diverted from those worrisome thoughts. Soon we started to get ready for Neil's birthday party. I dressed Neil in his navy blue tuxedo. Skylar was going to get him ready, but he got an important call, so he went to attend it. He was looking so handsome when I was done dressing him.

"My handsome man," I said while kissing and hugging him tightly. He giggled when I did that.

"So, birthday boy, are you ready?" Skyler walked inside the room from the balcony when he was done with his call.

"Yes, Dada, how do I look?" he asked his dad, which made us smile. He walked towards us and then lifted him into his arms.

"You look so handsome," he said while kissing his head.

"Skyler, please do his hair and get ready, or else we will be late. I will go and give the dress I bought for Ella to Ellen," I said while grabbing the dress from the bed.

"Yeah, come fast. You need to get ready too," he said while I started to walk towards the door. I nodded my head and walked out of the room. Ellen loved the dress. It was a princess dress, and Ella is going to look like a princess after wearing it. I stayed there for some time to help Ellen choose the dress for the party.

"Hazel, when will you get ready, dear?" my mom asked me when I bumped into her on my way to my room. She was ready for the party and looked good. After such a long time, I saw my mom getting dressed for the party.

"Don't worry, mom. I don't need much time to get ready. I will be done in fifteen minutes," I assured her, and I walked to my room. Neil was playing with a toy, and his hair was done properly. Skyler was setting his hair when I walked into the room. I stopped in my tracks. He was looking so handsome in his navy blue tuxedo. His sharp features made him look even more handsome and irresistible. He smirked through the mirror when he found me ogling at him. I bit my lower lip. He caught me. I turned and walked to the walk-in closet before I got distracted.

I don't want to arrive at my son's birthday party after the guests. I pulled on my dress, and it fitted me like a second skin. It was backless with a deep square neck. It defined my breasts and hugged my abdomen. I remember how Skyler's eyes darkened with desire when he first saw me in this dress. It sent shivers down my spine. In the past years, I have started to love wearing loose dresses, and I would not have chosen this dress, but Neil wanted me to buy it. Even my mother said it looked so good on me, and on the other hand, Skyler didn't say a word. I was anticipating something for him, but he said nothing. I had no choice but to buy it. I decided to wear my hair in a low bun with some accessories, which will go with this dress. The hoop earrings will look good with the dress. I decided to apply brown lipstick with minimal makeup, which only includes mascara and blush. Once I was done, I walked into the room. Thank God Skyler was not in the room. I was searching for my cell phone to keep in my clutch when I felt hands getting wrapped around my waist. When did he enter the room without my knowing? My body went stiff when I felt his warm breath fanning my bare neck. The tip of his nose moved along the length of my neck, making me tremble under his touch. His lips moved to my ear.

"Don't expect me to be gentle tonight," he whispered huskily. His hand moved up and squeezed my left breast, making me take a deep breath. The words I was anticipating to listen to deep down left his mouth.

"I'm going to fuck you so hard in this little dress of yours."

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 44.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 6.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.