Chapter 49

***Follow me and vote***

"Let's see who wins" 

I bit my inner cheeks while still keeping my eyes closed. The amusement of teasing me was evident in his words. My face started to turn red as I felt coy because it looked like he was in each moment breaking my act and I was trying my best to pretend. I wanted to pull the sheets and cover myself but I stopped myself. Instead, my fingers curled more tightly around the hem. His finger traced my knuckle as they kept clenching the hem of the sheet. Even my slightest movement didn't go unnoticed by him. My heart was already beating fast and my act of pretending started becoming more obvious. He made me unclench my fingers and intertwine them with his. He moved my hand and pressed his warm wet lips to the back of my hand. 

"I always wanted to do this," he said in his deep voice. Ok, he wanted to just kiss the back of my hand when I was asleep. I was worried for nothing. I was about to sigh in relief but his lips moved forward tracing a path towards my shoulder. I felt tingles on my whole arm when he did that. A big lump formed at the base of my throat. He pulled my t-shirt down from one side exposing my shoulder to his predatory gaze. He placed his lips over my exposed shoulder making me slightly lift it as I felt tingling because of the contact of his wet lips over my warm skin. I felt him smirking on my skin as he got a little reaction out of me. It was getting hard for me not to give him a reaction and he knew that because I felt him smirking on my skin. 

"Still don't want to give up," he asked in his same amused voice. I still kept my eyes closed. 

"Ok! Don't blame me afterwards because it's just the starting" he warned me, amusement still evident in his words. He was enjoying this to the fullest. It was fun for him and it was getting more and more hard for me. I just want to push him and hide inside my sheets. The next thing I knew his hand moved more upward and I knew what he was about to do. Before I could do anything he did what he wanted to. It made me gasp audibly and opened my eyes wide. As soon as I opened my eyes I saw his amused face. A victory smirk played at the corner of his mouth. He was successful in getting a reaction out of me. 

"Was it so hard?" he mocked, his hand still lingering over my chest. I was not wearing a bra inside but a thin camisole. I moved my hand and tried to move his hand which was still inside my t-shirt and now was trying to do something more. But he made it so hard that I couldn't. He was using his strength now. My face was so red with anger because he was successful in winning again and it was making me angry. Suddenly I felt so angry. I lost this stupid game and he was with other women at this late hour. I pulled his hand out, making him groan. 

"What I gave you the easy way but you choose the hard one" he huffed as he saw me glaring at him in anger. He lifted his other hand to move my stray hair away from my face but I slapped it and turned around while pulling the cover over my head. I just don't want to talk with him. He can keep playing this stupid game with himself. I kept my hold on the cover firm, not letting him take it away even if he tried hard. He groaned again as I didn't let it go. A smirk formed on my lips because I was making it hard for him. He groaned again impatiently, making my smirk widen even more. 

"Ok! If you are not letting the sheets go then I will get inside it," he said in his same impatient voice wiping the smirk out of my face. He didn't waste a second and turned me around as soon as he was inside. I should have put sheets below me to block his way. But it was too late because he was hovering over me with a sheet covering us from head to toe. I glared at him but he flashed his cocky smirk at me. I was about to push him away but he pinned both my hands beside me and connected his lips with mine. He kissed me hard and fast, taking his revenge on me. He kept on taking his revenge on me as my eyes started to heavy. Sleep and full days of exhaustion were finally taking over me. 

"I wanna sleep" I whined like a child between the kisses. My eyes became so heavy. 

"Hmm," he hummed, still pecking my lips. I closed my eyes as his lips still kept caressing my face. I turned around and snuggled into his neck. He wrapped his hands around me and pressed me to his chest. It felt like the missing part was filled in. I slept like a baby but when I woke up the next morning he was gone. He never goes to the office without informing. Today I have to go to Milliers corporation. Both the construction companies have been working together for a long time. I informed Ed about where we were and told him to take important messages from the client. I was going to meet the manager of Milliers cooperation who happens to be a cousin of Jack Miller. First, we were only business colleagues but over time, we became good friends. 

"Can I come in?" I asked her, opening her office door. She looked up from the file she was reading while talking on her cell phone. 

"Hazel," she said beaming and gestured for me to walk in. I walked in with a smile on my face. 

"Be a good boy mom will be back soon?" she said and cut the call after giving a kiss.

"How is Liam?" I asked her while taking my seat. 

"He is good. He is going to stay with his uncle and aunty for a few days because I'm leaving for a business trip" she said with a smile on her face and offered me a glass of water. 

"Do you have another cousin other than Jack?" I asked while sipping the water. 

"No Jack is my only cousin" she replied, making me spit out the water from my mouth. 

"It means Nina and Jack are staying together" I blurred it out loudly making her flash me a knowing smile. She nodded her head while passing me the tissue. It was a shock for me because Nina was so adamant about not staying with him. We talked for some time about business. Then I talked with her about all these new changes in our relationship between Jack and Nina. She told me Nina has set some boundaries between them. I asked her about how things work in relationships in general. She was telling me everything. She was confused about why I was asking her this but I twisted her words. I left soon after talking. On my way, I kept on thinking about one thing. Boundaries. I need to add some boundaries if I want to save my little part if everything goes down. The whole day he was busy doing meetings outside the office which I didn't know about even after being his secretary. He was home on time today. We had dinner and I didn't talk much. Now we both were sitting on the bed and he was on his laptop working. I was debating with myself whether or not I should ask him about yesterday. 

"You were working until late in the office and today you were out of the office too," I asked him while looking at him. 

"Hmm. Work has increased, you know, the shareholders meeting is going to happen soon" he said while still looking at his laptop. I didn't say anything after that because I had nothing to ask when he said he was still at his office and not with Mia. I kept staring at him as he closed the laptop while looking at me. 

"Why did you miss me," he asked cheekily while getting under the covers and closing the distance between us. Yes, I did. I gave him a chance but he didn't say anything about being with Mia. Now I have made up my mind. He tried to pull me towards him but I shifted away. He looked at me with furrowed eyes as I was about to put a boundary between us. But his confusion turned into a grim one when I said the next words. 

"I don't want you to touch me until our six-month trial is over." 
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 75
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 115

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.