Chapter 165

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"Well, well, we have a company here."

He pressed his gun behind my head. My whole body went still. Hazel's lips quicken in fear. Tears started to form in her eyes. Her fear-filled eyes moved to me and then to Neil, who was still unconscious in my arms. I grabbed her hand, trying my best to assure her. 

"Leave the kid on the ground and put your hands up in the air," he said while pushing the gun barrier more in my head. Hazel looked at me with panicked eyes. She moved her head in the opposite direction. I gave her a faint smile, put Neil in her arms, and slowly stood up. 

"You should have waited for my message, but you chose to come here searching for me," he said, clicking his tongue to mock me. 

"You made the biggest mistake by coming here. I was going to give you a last family reunion for the sake of old times, but not anymore," he said, pointing to Hazel. He once again mocked me. My jaw clenched in anger when he said that. 

"I will make you watch how life gets drained out of their eyes." I will make you feel how it feels when your family dies in front of your eyes. 

"I was making you go through the same pain," he said, and his voice kept getting graver with each second. My eyes furrowed when he said that. Why does he want to make me feel like that? I could sense the vengeance in his words. 

"Stop all this. Haven't you already ruined our lives once? Why are you doing this again?" Hazel said, as tears started to fall from her eyes. Her arms were wrapped protectively around Neil. This same question was eating me up. Why does he want to take revenge on me by harming my family? 

"Why are you doing this? What wrong I have done to you," I said, getting frustrated with his tactics. 

"What wrong have you done to me? You dare to question me," he said angrily, and then I felt a hard smack on my head. I groaned in pain when the back of the gun hit me. 

"Skyler!" Hazel shouted my name in panic. The hit was so severe that it made my vision blurry. He turned me around and grabbed my collar, with his gun now pressed to my forehead. The cold metal dug into my skin. 

"Remember Amber Anderson," he said with a vague look in his eyes. I opened and closed my eyes to get a grip on myself. Amber Anderson. That name started to ring in my mind. My brain started to search for a face in my memory to put on the name. 

"Why don't you remember her?" he asked with vengeance in his eyes. I tried my best to remember her, but no face popped up in my mind. 

"How can you forget her after ruining her life?" he said aggressively while pulling me aggressively towards him with my collar. 

"You forget your one secretary, but you remember this bitch. You tried to take your life for this girl, but you didn't bat an eyelash when my sister died," he said even more aggressively, shaving me. When he said that, suddenly a face popped in front of my eyes. I wanted to get out of his hold, but I couldn't do anything. What if he decides to shoot Hazel if I free myself from his hold? I can't take the risk. 

"You are her brother," I said in disbelief, and an evil smile formed on his face looking at my surprised face. My eyes moved to Hazel, who was looking at me in perplexity. A smile formed on my lips when he said that. Now I know why he is behind me. His brows furrowed when he saw a smile on my face. 

"Now I know where all this sickness is coming from," I said, and the smile on his face made him even more furious. 

"How dare you smile? You don't deserve to be happy," he said, and hit me again on the head with the back of my gun. 

"Did your sister say that to you?" I mocked him, and it infuriated him even more. 

"You bastard," he said, gripping my collar even more tightly. 

"I didn't kill her; it was her obsession that killed her," I said, making his eyes widen in anger. I had politely refused her proposal, but she still chose to cross her line. I had no choice but to remove her from work. I thought she would learn her lesson, but she turned into a stalker. She started to follow the women I went out with. She started to keep track of me and send love letters every day. She had made my life a living hell. She even harmed the women I went out with. You still tried to make her understand that I don't love her and never will. She crossed her line when she tried to kill me. 

"If you can't be mine, I won't let you be anyone." We will die tonight and be together in the afterlife. saying that he had leaped on me and tried to kill me with a knife. I still remember that night so vividly. This bastard is her brother; now I can see the similarities. She was the same physical type as him. 

"Shut up, you bastard. She would have been alive if you had given her a chance, but you chose to ignore her and put her in the mental asylum," he said, aggressive and angry tears forming in her eyes. 

"Because she deserved to be there." She needed help more than my chance lent it. 

"She would have survived if you had given her the love and support she was searching for outside," I said out loud to his face. I could see how my words were affecting him. I had enough of him. He was punishing us for the crime we never committed. For four years, he took four years out of my son's life. For four years, my son grew up without a father. He was making us suffer for nothing. We didn't deserve this. I punched his arm, which was holding the gun. It made a bullet shoot in the air. It made Neil wake up from his unconsciousness. His loud wails started to echo. Hazel did her best to calm him down. My son's cries made me even more furious. I didn't let him recover and punched him hard again in the hand, making the gun fall out of his hands. He grunted in pain when I punched him hard. I smacked his face repeatedly, remembering how he had held a knife to Hazel's throat. Each punch that landed on him was the outcome of the pain I felt when I was away from my family. I beat him until blood started to ooze out of his nose and mouth. Slowly, his body went limp. 

"Skyler, stop it. He will die," Hazel cried out loud in terror while pressing crying Neil to her chest. His words made me come out of my rage. I let go of his limping body and ran to them. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry it all happened because of me" I said this repeatedly while hugging both of them. "It's all my fault," I cried out, crying loudly. What would have been done if something had happened to them? 

"I promise you. You will never see him again. I will protect you with my life," I said while kissing both of their heads. Hazel cried out loudly with me. I know how sacred both of them have been. I will finish this for ever. I kissed their heads for the last time and turned around to finish that bastard. I turned around to find gun in Lees limped hand. He was still on ground He smiled evily before pulling trigger. 

"Skyler," I heard a loud, painful cry from Hazel and the sound of a gun echoing in the air. 

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 60.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 17.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.