Chapter 71

****Follow me on Instagram Drahonblue366 and here too****

"Everyone in this office knows how my name sounds from your mouth." 

"Please," I pleaded. I don't know why I said that. What exactly do I want from him? to let me go or to do what he said just now. My mind was now clouded with all the haze. My chest heaved with need. My core ached even more, and I wanted to press my legs together very badly to make that sensation go away, but he wouldn't let me do it. I slightly moved my face when I felt his lips sucking on my ear lobe. A big lump formed at the base of my throat as his intoxicating scent started making my hazy mind go blank. 

"Say it, and I will ease your pain," he said with those words with a dark promise. My breath hitched when his knee touched my aching core. Sparks ran all over my body. I closed my eyes tightly when I felt that. I wanted it to happen, but at the same time I didn't want it to happen. He knew what he was going to do to me, and he was intensifying it with his touch. I swallowed the big lump that formed in my throat. I took a deep breath, mustering myself to open my mouth and say his name without stuttering. I was about to open my mouth, but I closed it. A loud shrill of a phone ringing echoed in the office. It made me jump in my place, but I stayed there because of his hold on my hands, which were still wrapped around his waist. I tried to move my hands, but he wouldn't let me. The phone kept ringing loudly, mixing its sound with my heavy breaths.

"Take the phone," I said when he still didn't pick up his desk phone. But he did not put any effort into doing it. 

"No," he denied while looking into my eyes. 

"It must be important." "I'm not going anywhere, so take it," I said in a small voice because it had still not stopped ringing. He groaned but leaned over me, pressing a kiss to my neck while trying to take the phone. It again made my breath hitch. 

"Skyler Adams," he said firmly while he took deep breaths on my neck and, in between, traced the tip of his nose on my neck. 

"But why are they changing the dates so frequently?" "And why was I not informed about it before?" he said madly while moving his face away from my neck. He sounded tense and mad at the same time. So I pressed my face to his chest, hugging him before he lashed out at the person on the other end of the call. 

"Does my dad know it?" He asked at the same time, but it didn't sound as tense as before because he wrapped his hand around me. 

"Ok, I will be there," he said and cut the call. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, looking up at him. His face was still tense. 

"They have called for an urgent meeting of shareholders." "My presence is required there," he said while pressing his lips to my forehead. 

"Do I need to come with you?" I asked with furrowed brows still looking at him. 

"No, those kinds of meetings are confidential." "I will go alone," he said while pecking my lips, and I let him out of my hold. 

"Ok, I also need to go for a meeting with investors," I said while slipping down from the desk. My legs were still a little bit shaky. 

"Who are you going with?" he asked while butting up against his jacket. Why does he want to know that? 

"I'm going with Lee," I said his name in a whisper, wishing he didn't hear that. But to my dismay, he heard it. 

"You know why I ended that meeting? Because that fucker kept on talking with you," he said madly, making me bite my lip. 

"You are not going with him." "Take someone else," he said in the same tone. 

"I can't do this to him." "He had worked hard on making that presentation," I said, protesting his idea. "I don't like that guy." "I don't want you to go with him," she said protestingly. 

"He is a good colleague of mine and nothing else." How can I take his opportunity away from him like that because my boyfriend and his boss don't want me to go out with him? "Just answer me, and I won't take him with me," I said, making his face grim. He knew he was making childish demands. He knew I was talking right. I could tell by looking at the madness in his forest-green eyes. 

"Do whatever you want," he said coldly before grabbing his cell phone and walking out of the office. God, he needs to stop being a stubborn, possessive ass sometimes. I moved my head in disbelief. I need to talk with him at home. As per my schedule, I had a meeting with investors, and it was a success because Lee made a terrific presentation that impressed the investors. After the meeting, I sent him back to the office, and I went to the restaurant where Mr. Addams' secretary had asked me to go. I looked at my watch. I was five minutes early. A waiter left me at the table. Mr. Adams arrived at the exact time. It says a lot about a person when he is punctual. 

I stood up, acknowledging his presence. I moved my hand forward, and he took hold of it. 

"Miss Smith," he said while giving my hand a firm squeeze. 

"Call me Hazel," I said with a small smile on my face. He gave me a nod and let go of my hand. 

"I hope I didn't make you wait long," he said while taking his seat. 

"N-no, I just arrived now," I said with a nervous smile on my face. Why did I stutter like a fool? Both my son and father were making me go nervous in fully opposite ways. I grabbed the glass full of cold water to ease my body. But I started coughing when Mr. Adams questioned me without beating around the bush. 

"So Hazel, do you love my son?" 

Important
If you guys want to read my book Litte Bride it is available on the Booknet app. You will find a direct link in my bio. It gets updated every day. Go check it.

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Complete.
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 147

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.