Chapter 173

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"Neil, Neil!" I called him loudly from my room. I huffed in annoyance when he still didn't answer me. 

"Where is this boy?" I huffed again and tried to get down from the bed. Nowadays, even the slightest things annoy me. I put my hand on my stomach and tried to get up from the bed. My eight-month-old tummy had turned so round that I couldn't even see my feet. 

"Do you need something, ma'am?" Maria stood in front of my room door in alert mode. She must have heard me calling Neil. Now that I'm in my third trimester, Skyler has hired Maria full-time. He has given her very strict instructions not to let me out of bed if I need something. He is so worried for me. He thinks somehow I'm going to end up hurting myself. He even shifted our room from the first floor to the ground, so I can't use the stairs. She leaves the house only when he comes. Maria stood in front of the door, waiting for me to tell her what I needed. I exhaled and smiled at her sheepishly. What should I tell her that I'm calling Neil so I can cuddle him? Don't blame me. I can't sleep alone nowadays. 

"Please send Neil to my room," I said with that sheepish smile still on my face. 

"He is playing with his toys on the patio. I will send him inside," she told me with a small smile on her face. I could see her breathing in relief. I bite my lower lips and lay back on the bed. 

"Yes, mama," Neil said, coming into my room and then hopping on the bed. 

"Baby, mama can't fall asleep. Cuddle with your mama," I said while spreading my arm from him to lay beside me. 

"Is the doll not letting you sleep?" he asked while laying his head on my spread arm, and then he put his hand on my stomach. As if my baby knew her big brother was talking about her, she moved. Neil's eyes widened in surprise, like always. He still can't believe that the baby can move in his mama's tummy. "She is moving again," he giggled with a happy glint in his eyes. It always fascinates him. 

"Mama, will she look like me or dada?" he asked curiously, not moving his hand away from my swollen belly. Skyler and I talked about it the other day. 

"Technically, you look like your dad, so I want her to look like me," I said straight away, not beating around the brush. If both of my kids end up looking like Skyler, what will I do? Maybe make a third one. That was a big no for now. At this time, I only wish for this pregnancy to go smoothly and for the baby to come out healthy without any harm. Neil was about to protest because he wanted his sister to look like him. 

"Tell Mama that our doll is going to look like both of us," Skyler said while walking inside the room. I glared at him when he said that. Looking at my glares, his smirk widened. I'm still mad at him. He is stuck on the same thing. 

"She will look like me when I tell it to you, dada," I said while glaring at him, who immediately looked away. I'm not going to talk with him. 

"I don't want to talk with anyone. Let's sleep, baby. I'm tired," I said while pulling Neil to my chest and closing my eyes. Skyler moved his head in amusement and walked into the bathroom to change. Tiredness took over me, and I immediately slipped into slumber. I woke up when I felt a slight movement beside me. Skyler was lifting Neil, who was sleeping. He had now changed into sweatpants, and his hair was still damp, meaning he took a shower. I stopped myself from getting distracted by his handsomeness. I tried to stop him, not wanting him to take him to Neil's room. I wanted Neil to sleep in between us because I'm still mad at him. 

"Dove, you won't be able to sleep comfortably," Skyler tried to reason. He was right. The bed in this room was small, and I ended up taking up all the space. I huffed in annoyance and let him go. He carried Neil, who was sleeping, back to his room. I turned around with great difficulty. I was tired of sleeping in this position, so I shifted. I again ended up sleeping until I felt a soft caress on my baby bump. I don't need to open my eyes to know who is doing it. He pressed his front against my back, and his warm breath fanned my cheeks. 

"Did you eat your dinner?" he asked me while still stroking my baby bump. As if she knew it was her dad, she again started moving, responding to his touch. I didn't reply to him. I kept my eyes and mouth closed. 

"So you're still mad at me," he said in the same tone. Of course, I am. He has been saying that our girl is going to look like him. I want my baby girl to look like me. I'm going to carry her for nine months, only for her to end up looking like her father. I know I can't control how she is going to look, but I want her to look like me. Is it too much to ask for? I kept my eyes closed, not responding to him. 

"So that you are still mad at me. You won't eat the chocolate cream muffins I brought for you," he said, and his words caught my attention. I have been craving them since this morning. How did he know I wanted to eat them? I bit on my lower lip. 

"Now that you are not going to eat them, Neil and I should finish the whole box of muffins and sour cream puffs," he said huskily, and my eyes widened. He has even brought sour cream puffs. My mouth watered, and I just couldn't control my urge to eat them. 

"I want to eat them," I said while turning to look at him. My anger was long forgotten. My anger is volatile in front of food. He doesn't need to know. I will be back to being mad at him once I eat the sweets. I even tried to turn my body around, but it was a little difficult for me. 

"Easy dove," he said while stopping my rapid turn to face him. 

"I will get them for you," he said while moving his head in amusement. He got two boxes of cupcakes and puffs. I devoured it and moaned every time the sweet and sour taste exploded in my mouth. 

"Dove, stop making those noises," he said huskily, and he brushed the cream from my lower lip with his thumb. Then he licked his thumb. That sight was so delicious, but I kept quiet. He kept watching me eat and moaning at the taste. The way he was looking at me made my heart jolt in sweet fear. I didn't say anything and continued eating. Once I was done, I licked my lips, and he followed the movement of my tongue with keen eyes. I moved my face forward, and it made his forest green eyes fix on my lips. I was only an inch or two away from his lips when I pushed the boxes toward him to bring him out of his daze. I turned around and decided to sleep. 

"No, thank you, kiss," he said in disbelief when I lay down on the bed. From the look in his eyes, I knew he wanted me. A cunning smile formed on my face.

"I'm still mad at you."

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 63.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 26.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.