Chapter 82

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

But I found myself hoping once again for the sake of my child. 

I just kept staring at my child, who had a huge grin on his face as my mother swung him. I can't let that smile ever fade away from his face, and if I want to keep that smile on his face, I need to be strong. I need to be strong for Neil, my baby. I wiped my wet face and took a deep breath to gather myself. I had made up my mind. I will gather all the money needed for his surgery. My son needs me more than anyone, and I can't sit like that. I took a deep breath to calm myself and lit this new determination to burn more in me. We left the hospital after having lunch with my brother. I only get one entire day to spend with my toddler, so I take him out on that day and play in his park. He is a sick child, and I should give him time, but I can't with my busy schedule. 

He craves his mother's attention and cares even more. This one day that I get to rest to take away entire weeks of tiredness, I use it to spend it with my son. The whole day, we had fun. Now he was sleeping in my embrace with a smile on his face. At the end of the day, I looked at his happy smile because his mama played with him. It takes away all the tiredness from me. I put him to bed and changed his clothes. I covered his small body and went to take a shower. My body was aching and I wanted to rest very badly. I took a hot shower and let my sore muscles relax. A sigh left my mouth when my body touched my bed. I pulled Neil into the embrace, and my eyes were drowsy and ready to get lost in deep slumber. My cell phone beeped, making me open my eyes. I had received a message from Katrine. 

"Don't forget you are coming to my university tomorrow" I read that message under my breath. 

"Yes, I remember," I messaged back, closed my eyes, and fell asleep in a dreamless slumber. The morning arrived very soon. I took a shower, got dressed, and headed down, not before kissing sleeping Neil's forehead. When I went down, mom was making breakfast as the TV was on in the background. I sat on the couch to wear my heels when certain news caught my attention. 

"Did famous business tycoon Skylar Adams get married to his secret model girlfriend of three years in a private, intimate wedding?" A news reporter gave the breaking news, making me stop dead in my tracks. My heels fell out of my hands as my eyes shot up to the television screen. His picture was flashing on the screen, and a woman was drawing with question marks on her face beside him. There were some pictures of him walking with a woman, and her face was always hidden. I kept looking at the screen as everything around me stopped; only that reporter's words rang in my head like a broken record. My mind felt blank. 

"Hazel," I felt a light tap on my shoulder, which made me come out of my daze and look at my mother. 

"Huh," I said, looking at her with the same blank face and mind. Tears started to form in my eyes. 

"What happened to you? I have been calling you for the past five minutes, but you were not responding," my mother said with furrowed eyes and a spatula in her hand. I looked back at the tv screen again we're the same news was going on. 

"Nothing, I'm fine," I said in my sudden little loud voice while grabbing the TV remote and switching it off. 

"What were you saying?" I asked, looking at her while swallowing the bubble of emotions that was about to rise in my throat and spill through my eyes. I didn't dare to look at her and went back to wearing my heels. If she saw my face, she would know something was wrong with me.