Chapter 167

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

Pov Hazel 

"Please get help. It's an emergency!" Another voice shouted, and it was the last thing I heard before darkness consumed me from all sides.

Dark!  Everything was so dark. I tried to move, but my limbs felt so numb, as if tons of weight were kept on them. I felt pressure on them, and it kept pinning me to my place. What am I doing here? What is happening to me? Why can't I move? Thoughts started to appear in my blank, darkened mind. but there was no answer to them. My mind again started to give up, and I once again found myself sinking deeper into the darkness. It once again consumed me. dragging me down to the pit with its sharp claws. I wanted to rise. get up from this darkness, but the more I tried, the more I kept sinking to the bottom. I don't know what was happening to me. No energy was left in me, and I let my limp body sink to the bottom. I don't know for how long I stayed there, but then I started to hear wails. 

They sounded so familiar. Who was crying? Those wails did something to my heart, and they made me twice in pain. Why were those cries affecting me like that? Who do they belong to? Suddenly, I reconsidered whose cries they were. Neil's crying face flashed in front of my closed eyes. My son is crying. But it didn't stop there. My heart twisted again, and my stomach scrunched again, when I felt someone crying. They were faint cries. so fragile and barely audible. If I was not drenched in darkness, I could never hear them. They didn't belong to Neil. Those sobs were coming from so close. where they were coming from. My heart started to beat fast when I discovered where those fragile cries were coming from. They were coming from inside me. They are coming from me. Who is crying inside me? What is happening to me? I wanted to wake up and know what was happening to me. But this darkness kept clenching me with its sharp claws. The more I tried to get free from his hold, the more It kept getting tighter on me. 

"Hazel," I heard a distant voice calling me. 

"Hazel, wake up," it called me again. 

"Skyler." I recognised that voice, and just like that, with that name, everything came crashing to me. I remembered how I ended up in this darkness. 

"Wake up, love," he said again, calling me with so much love. My heart cried out loud when I heard his voice. With all my power, I freed myself from the claws. It was not letting me go, but I did my best to fight it. 

"Skyler!" I shouted and bolted up from the darkness. I found myself in a cream-white room with an IV in my hand. 

"Skyler!" I shouted his name again and tried to rip off the IV from my hand. 

"Hazel," someone said, rushing inside the room and stopping me before I hurt myself. I looked at the person with blurred eyes. 

"Zanvil, I want to see Skyler," I pleaded to him, and tears rolled down my cheeks. I tried to get free from his hold, but he kept holding me tightly. One by one, everyone rushed into the room. 

"Mama!" I heard loud cries, and I stopped struggling. My head moved in the direction of the voice. Neil was in his grandpa's arms, crying with his hands stretched out in my way to take him. 

"Neil," a whisper left my mouth. Zanvil let go of me when I stopped struggling. I stretched out my arms to take him. I hugged him tightly and kept crying loudly. Neil buried his face in my neck and wrapped his small arms around me. His sobs died down when I embraced him. I rocked his small body. Zanvil moved his hand on my back to soothe my pain, but it wouldn't go away. It only kept increasing. 

"I want to see Skyler," I said in my dry and cracked voice. It hurt when I talked. Soon the doctor walked in to check on me. Mr. Adams tried to take Neil from me, but I didn't let him. 

"Please let the doctor check on you," Skyler's dad said pleadingly, but I refused. I didn't want to get checked. I'm fine.  

"I wanted to go and see Skyler now," I said stubbornly. I wanted to see how he was. Why are they not letting me go and see him? I moved my head back, refusing to let the doctor check me. 

"Hazel, don't be stubborn and let the doctor check you. You are not alone anymore. You are carrying another life inside you," Zanvil said, and my body became stiff when he said that. My eyes widened, and I looked at him. 

"W-what?" I asked in disbelief. I just couldn't believe what he said. 

"Yes, you are two months pregnant," the doctor said in a firm tone, and my head snapped in his direction. Two months pregnant. I felt so overwhelmed when I discovered I was pregnant for the second time. I remembered the fragile wails that were coming from inside me. My hand moved to my flat stomach. They were coming from here. My body went numb for a few minutes when the realisation sank in. Tears fell from my eyes, and a sob left my mouth. 

"Hazel, don't cry. Your body is already so weak," Skyler's dad said, making me come out of my daze, and I nodded my head. Neil has fallen asleep in my arms. I laid him down beside me. I let the doctor check me. He told me that I shouldn't stress myself anymore because it would affect the baby. I had already been through so much emotional stress, and if it continues, I can lose the baby. I can't bear the loss. I listened to the doctor patiently, but my tears never stopped. I wanted to stop them, but the more I thought about things, the more tears welled up in my eyes. 

"Please take care of yourself and take the vitamins on time," the doctor said to me softly. I sniffed and nodded my head. He walked out of the room after checking on me. 

"Can I see him?" I asked, pleading to look at the two men standing in front of me. Zanvil nodded his head. Skyler's dad stayed in the room to keep an eye on sleeping Neil. I walked out of the room with the help of Zanvil. Jack stood up when he saw me coming out of the room. I stood in front of his ICU room door. I was not allowed to go in because his situation was still critical. I kept looking at his unconscious body. He had a tube in his mouth and different wires attached to his chest. I placed my hand on the transparent glass. My heart sank because I could touch him. I couldn't tell him that he was going to be a father again and that I was going to be a mother again. My hand moved to my stomach. Tears slid down from my eyes.

Once again, I was all alone. 

Once again, I found myself standing in the same place as five years ago. 

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 60.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 21.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.