Chapter 11

***Follow me and vote***

"Don't be late I don't tolerate late comers"

I kept glaring at his back as I stomped out of my boss's office and walked straight to mine. I kept my fills on the desk with a thud. I was burning in anger. Lifting my hand's first thing I did I started removing my sunglasses and mask which had started to suffocate me and took a huge deep breath. 

"Don't be late I don't tolerate late comers my ass" I mimicked his voice while wrinkling my nose in anger as I let my hair out of my bun suddenly it has started to make my headache because of stress. It has been happening to me frequently from the day I shifted to New york. 

"Ugh," I said as I put my fingers in my head to massage my aching scalp. 

"Ma'am are you ok" I heard a sudden familiar voice which made me flinch in my place. 

"God Emily, don't scare me like that, my life is doing enough," I said in my low voice while looking at her, who was standing in front of my office door half ajar. 

"Sorry but Ma'am you are scaring me. Are you not feeling well?" She enquired in her apologetic voice as she had a small smile on her face looking at my straddled face. 

"Y-yes I'm good" I lied through my teeth with a smile on my face to convince her. 

"I don't think so. You look disturbed and I have never seen you like this from the day I started to work here" she said in her concerned voice. Listening to her my shoulders slumped and I let go of my brave facade. I know I have never been like this before. Even when I was on the verge of losing a deal for Addams cooperation because in the end, I knew I would seal the deal on my terms but today it was different. I tried to bargain till the end but in the end, he was the winner again. It was the same as on the day I first met him. I had to lose again and it's not settling inside me well. It's not like I never lost before. I had lost lots of things in my life but today I had this very bad feeling which was giving me some kind of warning signal but I just can't catch it even if I want to. I massage my template feeling the aching sensation slowly slipping from my head to forehead. Emily was still standing there observing me. 

"Coffee," she asked me like a lifesaver. 

"Yes, please," I said with a thank you as my face beamed a bit as I needed it now. 

"Coffee will be here in no time as you like with no sugar," she said in her cheerful voice as she walked in and kept the files she brought with her on my table. I nodded with a smile on my face as I walked back to slump in the comfort of my chair. I let my hair be open and took the files which Emily had brought with her a few minutes ago. She had brought the file of partner company requirements for their new headquarters. I threw it back on my desk as if it had corona germs. Zanvil must have told her to do It. I kept staring at it as I felt aching increasing more in my head. Only looking at the file increased my headache. In a few minutes, Emily brought me my steaming cup of coffee. I thanked her and took a sip and it gave me instant relief. I'm not a big fan of coffee but at times like this, you have to appreciate their existence. 

Thank you, God, for blessing us humans with it. Still sipping on my hot beverage I glanced at the file. Biting my lower lip I kept looking at it. I don't want to help that demon. Come on Hazel, open it, and read it. You have to do it before tomorrow as part of your work. I exhaled in defeat and opened it. I went through their requirements. I went through it. In short, all their demands were written in it. They wanted whole skyscrapers like us for their headquarters. For the next hour, I went through their requirement and then called out the estate agent telling him the requirement and wanted to see properties like that tomorrow.