Tang x reader (first meeting)

So I might write several "first meetings" this book is just a collection of ideas really so this isn't anything set in stone.

Tang sat at his usual seat in Pigsy's noodle shop earning a glare from the owner.

"Tang if you so much as offer some stupid coupon for free noodles so help me-" Pigsy began but Tang only held up a hand.

"Oh no Pigsy." Tang smiled a friendly smile. "No coupons today, I have something better." He assured his glasses glinting.

"Yeah? Well unless it's money I don't want it."

Tang chuckled good naturedly.

"Oh Pigsy, Pigsy, Pigsy money isn't everything. What if I told you that I could arrange a date for you with the new baker?" Tang offered with a smirk.

Pigsy had been stacking bowls only to freeze when Tang finished.

"Wha- how do you know the new baker?!" Pigsy demanded turning on his heel to face Tang.

"Oh I have my connections." Tang reassured with a smile.

Pigsy frowned in thought.

"And how do I know you'll keep your end of the bargain?"

"I-" Tang's reply was cut short when you entered the sitting area from the kitchen to take the plates Pigsy had just finished stacking.

You didn't much notice Tang and Pigsy's conversation as you went back into the kitchen promptly after taking the dishes.

Tang on the other hand stared with an open mouth until you left.

He stared after you until a few minutes after the kitchen door shut.

"Pigsy, who was that?" He asked calmly attempting to ignore Pigsy's irritating smirk.

"That was y/n. She's my newest employee. She cleans mostly and helps out in the kitchen on the more busy days." Pigsy informed nonchalantly.

"I see." Tang stated more to himself than Pigsy still staring at the kitchen door.

"I'll make you a counter offer." Pigsy said smugly leaning on the counter. "You get me a date with that baker and I'll get you a date with Y/n."

Tang paused. He could accept this offer but he'd lose his precious noodles. He'd never forgone noodles for anyone. But perhaps this offer could work in his favor.

"Pigsy," Tang gave his old friend a smile. "You've got a deal."

You rinsed the dishes one by one lost in thought. You found work went by smoother that way. And your prompt work made Pigsy happy. That was always nice.

"Y/n!" Pigsy said from the doorway.

You glanced over to see him wearing a good natured grin that was as suspicious as a silent toddler.

"Yes?" You cocked a brow at him.

"I have a favor to ask ya."

You started at Pigsy with a suspicious frown.

"What is it?"

"A friend of mine was just talking to me-"

"The man in the glasses?"

"Heh you got it. He was wondering if you'd consider going on a date with him."

You stared dumbfounded at you boss. Did Pigsy really just set you up on a date? The whole scenerio was ridiculous.

"I'd even give ya the day off tomorrow." Pigsy offered with a smile.

Your jaw dropped. Pigsy never gave days off. And he rarely smiled especially the way he was now. Something was up.

"Why?"

"Huh?"

You set down the dish you'd been cleaning and dried your hands.

"I said why, what is in it for you? Is he blackmailing you or something?"

"What? No! Ugh listen y/n I'll give it to ya straight, you'd be doin me a favor. Now what's it gonna be?" He asked folding his arms with an impatient frown.

Pigsy's return to normal mannerisms eased your concerns greatly, but nervousness still chewed at you. You'd never been on a good blind date. They'd always ended badly. But Pigsy was a good boss and you did want to help him.

"Alright. Tell your friend I'll be ready and here at about 9:00 am."

Pigsy smiled.

"Thanks kid, ya won't regret it." Pigsy reassured you with a proud smile.

Something about Pigsy being proud of you made this situation already worth it somehow and you smiled back.

Tang fidgeted on his stool. How could he be so nervous? So what if she rejected him? He could just ask for noodles in return for getting Pigsy a date. So why was he so nervous? Perhaps it was because Pigsy was the one asking. Heavens knew he had little tact.

Just then Pigsy came back in with a smug grin.

"Well?" Tang asked trying to shove down the nervous thoughts.

"Looks like you got a date tomorrow at 9 am, lover boy." Pigsy affirmed with a smirk.

Tang grinned ecstatically.

"Yes! This is perfect! We could go to the park or to the movies or-"

"Whoa whoa slow down, lover boy." Pigsy cut him off. "Remember your part of the deal."

"Oh." Tang paused before taking on a smile and pressing up his glasses. They caught the light and shone like two glowing orbs. "Oh Pigsy I already have." Tang offered Pigsy a slip of paper.

Pigsy cocked an eyebrow then opened the paper his eyes skimming the contents before his cheeks burned red. Seven digits were written in neat handwriting with a little heart next to them.

'Call me!' Was written next to the heart.

"This had better be genuine." Pigsy warned walking away.

Tang smirked as he watched Pigsy walk over to the phone. The number was indeed genuine. The baker had stopped Tang on his way here and offered him a free box of cookies in exchange for delivering the note.

Tang had graciously accepted and plotted his own deal for the note.

Had y/n not appeared he may have gotten away with it too, but somehow he found himself more content with this outcome.