Macaque x hunted reader

You walked through the streets as the streetlights above you flickered. Forcing deep breaths, you hoped the tactic would calm your skittish nerves. You allowed your gaze to scan the darkest shadows all around you.

Of course nothing was concealed in them. You knew this. Your eyes could see enough to prove it. But still. It was fine. A normal night, a well lit path, and you were close to home. You were fine. Atleast that was what you had told yourself before someone's pained yell split the night.

With a startled jump you ran into an alleyway pressing yourself into the wall.

"You've failed me for the last time." A woman's calm but warning tone filled the night air.

"No! You don't understand! They're building-hrrk!" A male voice shouted in pain cut off by the sound of something ripping flesh.

"I do hope you recall the way to the underworld." The female voice giggled.

The sound of a body hitting the cement made you stiffen. You itched to see who was hurt, but you had to wait. You'd be no good if you were caught.

After waiting a few minutes you peaked around the corner. To your shock, a black monkey the size of a man lay on the pavement. Blood seeped over the black top spreading at a concerning rate.

Slowly, he attempted to push himself up but his muscles gave dropping him back to the cement. Strangled gasps touched your ears. You rushed over.

"Are you o- what am I saying? Of course you aren't ok. Ok what to do- oh! Yeah, pressure on the wound." You babbled trying to recall your highschool first aid training as you pulled off your hoodie. You reached over only for the Monkey to snatch your wrist.

"Don't touch me." He warned his eyes flickering to a shimmering purple.

A small gasp escaped you as what felt like an electrical current passed through your veins your magic burning brighter inside you.

The Monkey paused.

"Come on." You urged. "You need help."

The Monkey studied you then gasped in pain hugging his injury.

"Guess I'm out of options." He chuckled bitterly.

You offered your jacket.

The monkey's purple eyes flicked between you and the jacket, then he took it and tied it around his middle successfully stanching the bleeding for a moment.

You crawled a bit closer.

"If you put your arm over my shoulders I can help you to my apartment."

The Monkey seemed hesitant but lifted his arm.

You scooted closer allowing his arm to rest across your shoulders. Immediately, his heat resonated through you. His muscles tensed against your shoulders as he leaned on you.

Something about the close proximity brought a rapid heat to your cheeks making them bloom red. You shifted your focus to getting the injured monkey home.

Firmly, you planted one foot on the black top and used your knee for leverage as you pushed your combined weight upwards. The task was difficult, as he weighed more than you had anticipated. Likely due to the amount of muscle, that was completely leaned against you. This thought made heat rush back to your cheeks.

"I'm not that heavy am I?" The Monkey joked through clenched teeth. 

"What?" You glanced up once you had gotten to your feet.

"Your face is as red as a tomato, kid."

You tossed your head, looking aside.

"We should hurry before she comes back."