Red Son x Healing reader

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." You chanted as you tried to clean up the glass shards littering the floor.

You had been doing the dishes for your grandmother when a wet plate slipped out of your hands and smashed on the floor.

"It's alright y/n." Your grandmother soothed keeping her distance. "It was an accident. Just don't cut yourself." Your grandmother had always been patient with you and kind. The exact opposite of your parents.

Since you were little they beat you, viciously. They were emotionally manipulative and frayed every heartstring you ever had.

You blamed yourself for just about everything, always apologized, remained silent most of the time, and flinched anytime anyone attempted to touch you.

Your grandmother had got custody over you a year or two ago and insisted that you stay with her while going to college and trying to get a job. You guessed she was trying to rehabilitate you for the real world.

You did your best to improve and make her proud. But you still couldn't handle anyone attempting to touch you. Much to your grandmother's heartbreak.

"You just work on those dishes and I'll start on di-Ah!"

You jumped to your feet at her yelp ready to run.

Your grandmother pressed a hand over her heart and grimaced in pain.

Your fight or flight response eased as you came back to reality and fear was replaced with worry.

"Grandma?"

She shook her head and gave you a dismissive wave when her pain seemed to leave slowly.

"I'm fine, dear. Just an old heart." She turned her back to you preparing the stove for cooking.

You frowned in worry and reached out to stop her, but halted your hand only inches from her back. You retracted your hand and opted to speak instead.

"Grandma, let me buy some take out. I saw a barbeque place down the road. I heard they have the hottest food in the country." You bribed with a kind tone.

Your grandmother was a sucker for spicy food and you swore she had a gut of titanium.

"I don't want to spend your money, dear." Your grandmother said turning to you.

"I do though. And besides, I think it might help." You were no doctor, but maybe the spice would help her heart. You weren't sure why but that seemed right.

"Well alright. But please be careful and don't spend too much."

You nodded at the instructions and rushed out the door.

Once outside, you avoided looking up as much as possible keeping to yourself.

That was until you came to the barbeque stand and forced yourself to smile although it was shyly.

"Excuse me?"

A man in a red trench coat with fiery red hair turned to you with a clearly forced smile.

"Well hello valued cu-" his eyes locked on you and he froze mid-sentence. He stared for a moment then shook his head. "Valued customer. What can I get you?"

You ordered trying not to let your smile slip. So, you studied the man while he worked. He looked handsome and confident. You caught yourself staring and blushing so you quickly looked away.

Unfortunately, he noticed the red on your cheeks and smirked.

"May I ask your name for the order?" He quirked a brow at you. His smirk turning flirtatious.