Red Son x reader parents

"Red they're gonna hate my dad." You stressed pacing back and forth.

Red Son glanced over his shoulder at you from filling dumplings.

"Nonsense, they'll adore his company. Now come here and help me."

"But-"

Red Son caught your arm and tugged you over.

"The repetitive motions will help your anxiety." He informed. "Something akin to pacing." He added with an annoyed look he shot your way.

You cringed a little.

"Sorry. It's a habit."

Red Son sighed.

"Trust me, I know. There's nothing to worry about. Your father is a strong man and my parents will respect that."

It was true, your father didn't deal with anything or anyone he didn't want to. He was vocal and firm about what he believed and very stubborn. But he was still only human.

"I thought your parents wanted you to marry into a well bred demon family?" You asked glancing up at him while he worked.

Red Son smirked.

"My parents love each other. They want the same for me. Neither of them would prefer I married some harpy all in the name of preserving some useless title."

You relaxed some at that information. It was the first time in two weeks. The Demon Bull family had asked to meet your father and you had scheduled it as far away as possible without being obvious. Your father offered to host for a dinner. He had made the bulk of the food, you and Red Son we're simply finishing up the side dishes before the dinner would start.

His parents would arrive in half an hour. You hadn't thought you could get more anxious over the meeting, you were very wrong.

Your father on the other hand was delighted. He couldn't wait to meet the Demon Bull King and Princess Iron Fan. Which thoroughly surprised you.

Especially as Red Son and your father clashed badly upon their first interaction. They had only recently come to enjoy the other's company.

"What if dad insults them somehow?" You asked, finishing filling the last dumpling.

Red Son was drying his hands when the question arose. He sighed and hung up the towel striding over you to confidently.

"Y/n, I have assured you a thousand times."

You bit your lip and blushed as you caught the flirtatious smile and gleam in his eyes.

He leaned over you just inches away from stealing a kiss.

"Should I find a new method of distraction?" He asked with a smirk.

Your face felt very hot and your heart burned to kiss him, but your father entered at that moment.

"No p.d.a you two. Y/n why don't you run upstairs and get ready. They should be here soon."

Red Son shot him a glare as you stood and rushed upstairs.

Once you were out of earshot he turned to your father with folded arms.

"You still haven't told her?"

Your father set the table.

"Not yet."

"It's been two weeks. She's been driving herself insane for nothing."

Your father nodded.

"I know. But she is...still fragile to the idea. You know her stance on the matter."

Red Son's hair ignited into flame.

"That's because you haven't TOLD HER ANYTHING!"

Your father chuckled which doused Red Son's flames.

"She will learn tonight."

Red Son huffed and glanced up the stairs with a worried frown. He only hoped you would take it well.

Meanwhile

You brushed your hair and put on a red dress that never failed to ignite not only Red's face but also his hair on fire.

When you finished, you made your way down the stairs.

Red Son was helping your father and did a double take when he caught sight of you.

Instantly, his hair burst into flames and his cheeks turned your favorite shade of crimson.

You smiled taking in the moment when a knock came at the door. The noise made your anxiety explode in your chest and you rushed over to Red Son taking his hand for comfort.

And for the first time in two weeks Red Son seemed just as anxious as you.

"Demon Bull King, Princess Iron Fan welcome." Your father greeted as he opened the door.

Princess Iron Fan entered first smiling with a brow raised as though she was amused.

"Such a humble dwelling for one such as yourself, Black wind."

You stared in confusion and shock as the Demon Bull King entered the house with a wide grin.

"It's been too long old friend!" He patted your father on the back and your jaw dropped.

That was the moment Princess Iron Fan seemed to notice your shock.

"It seems you haven't told your daughter yet."

Your father turned to look at you.

You quickly recovered and plastered on a confused smile.

"I admit I am...slightly confused."

Red Son frowned and wrapped an arm around your waist tugging you closer.

Your father gave you a reassuring smile.

"I wanted her to see demons are not so different from humans. But we can talk about it over dinner, come."

You had once had a firm belief that humans were equal to demons. But demons often used their powers to subject humans. That was before you met Red Son. You both learned from each other, but you hadn't imagined what you would learn tonight.

Over the course of the night you learned your father was not actually human. Infact, he was a very powerful Demon whom had known the Demon Bull King since childhood. Your mother had been human and he had fallen in love with her.

She had changed him and when you were born, your mother passed away. He wanted you to have a good life, but knew the old ways were long gone and that he would have to adapt to the human lifestyle. So he had.

At a young age you had begun to develop powers and he had decided to wait to teach you to use them. Using a special necklace your mother once wore, he used his powers to make the necklace a barrier for you. It would seal away your powers until you were ready to train with them.

He was already arranging to have you train with Princess Iron Fan when you and Red Son had fallen in love. It was a lot of information to take in, but it eased your anxiety greatly.

"So,what do you think?" Princess Iron Fan asked with a smirk. "Would you like to learn the depth of your capabilities?"

You smiled as Red Son took your hand under the table.

"Count me in."