Syntax x kidnapped princess

You struggled against the ropes while the gang leader spoke with his men.

"Keep all the doors guarded. And Joshua, make sure the would be queen gets that message." The leader tossed you a smirk over his shoulder.

You only frowned against your gag and went back to squirming under the ropes.

"Aw don't worry, princess." The leader addressed you, walking over. "I intend to take very good care of you." He took your chin in his hand and forced you to look at him. "We can't have you too beat up when your mother delivers the ransom."

Every bit of you wanted to bite him but the gag prevented any such movement. So, you settled for ripping your chin away.

He chuckled and gestured for one of his men to come over.

"Put her in the back. I'll see if I can get her to talk later." The man nodded and grabbed you by the ropes dragging you away.

Meanwhile

Syntax worked with the spider robots to build the Spider Queen's large mech. The outer components were already beginning to come together and he was rather proud of it.

At that moment a metallic canister rolled towards him tapping his shoe.

Syntax rose a brow at the odd gadget, but his visor flicked to a flashing red. Syntax gasped and kicked the canister away before turning towards where the Queen stood.

"My Qu-"

A deafeningly high pitched ringing exploded in his ears as the cave was submerged in a blinding white light. A shock wave threw him to the ground and the world went dark.

When Syntax's senses returned to him, he pushed his body up from the ground with a grunt. His visor's screen was black and he could feel his spider legs but couldn't summon them.

Spider Queen leaned against a nearby wall holding her head. And Huntsman lay unconscious in the dirt.

Syntax got to his feet and aided Spider Queen to regain her footing.

"What happened?!" She demanded once she recovered.

"It appears someone detonated and E.m.p, my Queen."

"Fin-" Spider Queen cut herself off mid-command with a gasp as she stared behind him.

Syntax glanced over his shoulder only to see a message written on the wall in what looked to be a substance that was disturbingly similar to blood.

"The princess or the heart. Your choice." It read chillingly.

Syntax's blood ran cold. Someone had Y/n.

"My Queen," Syntax spoke giving her a bow. "Allow me to retrieve your daughter."

Spider Queen huffed.

"Make them pay dearly for this threat."

Syntax turned and walked towards the exit, his eyes glowing an angry green.

"As you wish, my Queen."

The ropes bit into your skin, the room was dark, and the metallic chair under you was far too heavy to budge. Still you struggled as much as you could.

The door opened spilling light into the room. In the doorway stood the gang leader grinning at you.

"Seems your mother isn't too good against E.m.p's."

Your eyes widened at the realization. And E.m.p would shut off your mother's mech and send her flying, it could possibly kill Syntax. Panic rippled through your veins making your struggles turn to thrashes.

The leader chuckled and walked behind you.

"Now you're going to tell me everything you know about the heart of that giant mech your mother is building." He untied your gag and knelt next to you. "Or you're going to regret being born."

Meanwhile

Syntax recalibrated his visor to track residue DNA from the canister and after not much searching at all, he found the culprit. A certain Joshua scerin. After he found the culprit, tracking him was far too easy. In a matter of half an hour he had located their lair. An abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town.

A quick search rendered him the blueprints to the warehouse. Not far above him was an open window. With a smirk, he pulled out his mechanical spider legs.

"What is your mother's plan with that mech?" The leader asked leaning towards you.

You looked away silently.

"Oh good." He mused with a nasty grin. "I'd hoped you'd be stubborn." His hand ignited into purple flame and he pressed it against your right shoulder.

The heat burned your skin and you released a pained scream.

Syntax's head snapped up from the electrical box he was tampering with upon hearing your scream. With a growl he ripped out the wires. With a dangerous snap and multiple sparks the warehouse was plunged into darkness.

You caught your breath as the leader pulled his hand away looking for what had caused the outage.

After a few seconds screams sounded outside the room and the leader tensed.

"Well." He chuckled clearly unnerved. "Guess you're my best bet of getting out of here." His hand burst into flames as he reached for you.

That was when he was ripped into the darkness with a startled yell.

You flinched at the sound of a disturbingly loud CRUNCH.

"Relax princess." Syntax mused stepping from the shadows. "They can't hurt you now."

"Syntax!" You cheered in relief.

He walked around your chair and inspected your burn.

"This looks painful. I'm sorry I didn't prolong his suffering." Syntax sneered at the darkness as he released you.

"Oh yeah, what did you do to him?" You asked curiously trying to peak over his shoulder.

Syntax chuckled and lifted you bridal style against his chest.

"Trust me, princess. You wouldn't want to know. Now hold on tight, your mother is rightfully concerned." He instructed as his metallic legs carried you both towards an open window.

"Syntax?"

"Yes?" He asked focusing carefully on his footing

"Thank you for saving me." You pressed a timid kiss to his cheek. Syntax's cheeks flushed slightly coupled with a shocked expression which melted into a smirk.

"Protecting you is my pleasure, princess." He leaned close to with a smirk.

You almost didn't register the kiss he pressed to your cheek. It happened so fast. But once it did click, you blushed darkly and buried your face in his chest.

This caused Syntax to chuckle lightly while he took you home.