Swapped A.u (?) x reader

*So before we begin I thought we might try something new for this fic. First off you have two options. At the end of the fic you can comment your vote and I will write the ending for that person. Maybe I'll do one for each perhaps.*

You fiddled with the locket around your neck nervously. Today was either the fruition of all your dreams, or your worst nightmares and it could go either way.

The betrothal had been pronounced when you were only six. It has seemed so silly and far away then. But here you were, of eligible age and not at all ready to meet your future husband.

Of course tales of Red Son's might and honor reverberated through the many kingdoms under his reign since you were little. But that was all you had ever known. Stories. Stories that could have been lies, or exaggerations.

The maid had left you in this ballroom a while ago promising to fetch the fire prince. And with a parting glance she gave you a small warning not to touch anything if you could help it.

That last warning was what had really set your nerves on end.

"My, my don't you look fit to be queen." A low voice richoetted off the large walls and marble floor.

You flinched as the torches illuminating the room flickered out. Turning in a small circle you reached for the dagger hidden in a small pocket in your skirt. 

"Well that's all the better." The voice came from just behind you now. Cold metal pressed just under your chin causing your very blood to freeze as well as any movements.

A shadowy figure stepped around you his eyes glowing purple.

Slowly your eyes adjusted to the dark and you began to make out a bit more of his features.

An amused smirk curled his lips, his head tilted slightly to the side as he observed you. One hand held the point of a dagger just under your chin forcing your head up to meet his gaze, the other hand rested behind his back.

Your gaze fell on the dagger and with a mild start you recognized it as your own.

"What's the matter, princess? Scared of ol princey?"

"You should be." Someone growled before the room was bathed in firelight. Each torch burst into flames. The sudden searing light blinding you, forced your eyes to squeeze shut for a moment.

And in that particular moment you felt the dagger's point retreat ever so slightly from your throat.

"Get away from her." The voice who had presumably brought the light demanded from across the room.

Slowly you blinked allowing your eyes to once again adjust. The man before you was looking over his shoulder at whom you could only assume was Red Son. The Prince had firey red hair and wore spectacles, and a black sleeveless, turtleneck with blue pants.

"Now why would I do that?"

Your eyes fell on your captor. To your shock you realized he was a black monkey the size of a man with glowing purple eyes.

Despite his words he lowered the dagger. But before you could make any move to escape two shadows, identical to their maker, grabbed you by each arm.

"Macaque, I will end you." Red son warned his eyes turning to flame.

"Mmm no. No I don't think you will." The monkey chuckled. "See, I've gotten pretty attached to her I'm afraid." He twirled the dagger for a moment before returning it to it's former position under your chin. "Unless you have something, more....worth my time."

The ground around Red Son cracked as he lunged at Macaque, as he had called him.

Macaque's eyes widened and in that instant a black circle of shadow appeared under you both dropping you into a dark abyss.

No light touched your eyes, but you struggled nonetheless, only to feel as though you were tied quite tightly to a chair.

Still Macaque's voice rang out all around you.

"Ohoho the samadhi fire eh? Well I can't blame ya. Losing your girl and all. But clearly you don't seem to be in the mood to talk. So, I'll just hold onto her till you do. See ya round."

Red Son's shout was indiscernible and muffled. And far too distant.

Clearly, you would have to solve this yourself. It only took you a sparse few minutes to organize a plan but you figured it would work. It may not save you, but surely it would buy you time enough to think of a way to save yourself. In that instant you pretended to faint.

It didn't take long before Macaque's voice sounded next to you.

"Fainted huh? And here I thought you'd actually be a challenge." He muttered before lifting you bridal style.

Keeping your eyes closed except for a tiny slit you waited until he stepped from a portal into an odd stony cave. Now was your chance.

"Hey Wukon-" Macaque was cut off by you ramming your fist into his jaw. He grip released and you hit the floor in a roll before getting to your feet and bolting towards the sunlight spilling into the cave like room.

Your victory was short lived however, when the shadows grabbed you.

"No!" You yelled thrashing against the shadows as Macaque strolled over.

"Geez, princess. What a punch."

"Come near me again and I'll give you another." You threatened pulling against the shadows.

Macaque grinned.

"Maybe this will be more fun than I thought it would be."

*So who should you end up with. Vote in the comments.*