Syntax x Lost reader.

"Did I miss the turn? Ugh not again." You groaned as you studied the map on your phone. The screen glitched and fizzed so you turned it off and slipped it into your back pocket.

You had meant to meet up with M.k and Mei at the arcade. But the location had glitched in your phone when your cousin, M.k, had sent it. Now you were entirely lost. You looked around searching for some landmarks or street names that rang a bell. None struck any bells on your head.

You huffed annoyedly before you started walking in a certain direction at random. You shot m.k a text of your location but you weren't sure if it had even sent as your phone began to glitch more the further you walked.

You frowned in confusion and looked up. Without realizing it you had walked right into an alleyway with an odd device in the center of it. Dread roiled in your gut as you knelt next to the device curiously.

Your phone's screen went wild when near the device so you shut it off and put it away.

"Well well well. What a lovely surprise." A male voice behind you made you tense and whirl on your heel.

A green haired man with purple skin walked towards you. His lips were pulled into an amused grin and his hands were buried in his pockets.

"If it isn't the Monkey boy's cousin."

Panic exploded in your gut. Only M.k's enemies really called him monkey boy, or other various nicknames. And any enemy of M.k's that knew your association with him would likely enjoy a free hostage.

Your first instinct was to run. So you bolted in the opposite direction.

"Ah ah ah!" The man chided catching your arm. "It's impolite to run from a conversation." He pulled you back and tugged your arms behind your back.

"Let me go!" You shouted writhing in his grip.

The man chuckled and you felt webs lock your arms behind your back.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. Not if you could aid The Spider Queen in someway."

You struggled as he lead you over to the device seeming to check on it.

"You work for spider queen? So which one are you?" You inquired as he worked, trying to distract him while you worked at the webs.

"What do you mean which one?" He retorted leaning over the device and and pressing something onto it's screen.

"I mean which lackey." You shot with a grin.

The man paused and shot you a glare over his shoulder.

"My name is Syntax, and I am no one's a lackey."

You began to feel the webs shift under your ministrations.

"Oh so you're like a tech guy." You pressed the conversation hoping to run or jump him once you escape the ropes.

"You could say that." Syntax grinned as he finished his tinkering and walked over to you and took a knee behind you. "And because of this one can assume I am smart enough to check a hostage's restraints." Syntax's words were whispered in your ear and your heart skipped a beat.

You sucked in a breath deciding to scream but Syntax tied a gag around your mouth.

"Smart, a bit late though. Don't you agree?" He smirked.

"Get away from my cousin!" M.k shouted rushing at Syntax.

Syntax dodged and fought back here and there until he was forced to retreat into the shadows.

M.k rushed over to you after the battle.

"Oh my gosh, y/n are you ok?! Oh ew ewwww! Webs! This is so gross!"

You rolled your eyes.

"Hey! Don't roll your eyes at me! Spiders be nasty!" M.k protested. But he released you tearing away the webs.

You assured him you weren't hurt and informed him on the entire exchange. M.k hummed in thought.

"Weird. He'd not usually so creepy."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean he's never acted like that with me or mei." M.k pointed out seemingly confused.

"Huh weird." You agreed feeling a dark blush over coming your cheeks.

"Hey you ok? Your cheeks are turning red."

"Uh huh! Just tired." You excused. "But uh, shouldn't you destroy that thing?" You asked gesturing to the device. Only at that moment you realized it was gone. "Wait! Where did it go?!"

M.k tilted his head.

"Where'd what go?"

"The device thingy!" You stated as though it should be obvious.

"I didn't see any device thingy."

You sighed.

"Oh well....let's just go."

M.k guided you home and you settled down on the couch with a sigh and in that moment your phone buzzed.

You perked up. M.k was probably checking up to make sure you felt ok. You unlocked your phone only to freeze. There in your text messages was a note from a number you didn't recognize.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, y/n. But don't think this will be our last meeting." -Sincerely, Syntax

*This was requested by usagi58.*