Sandy x reader

You growled low in your throat as a woman eyed Sandy.

She rolled her eyes and you made a fist when Sandy caught your arm.

"Nice day out today, isn't it?" He asked you with the most gentle smile.

Your heart softened at his kindness and attempt to show you his loyalty. As though he hadn't seen the woman watching him.

"Yes, love. It is." You agreed giving him a gentle smile.

"You know what would make it even nicer?" The woman asked leaning against Sandy with a smile.

Sandy tensed and nervously attempted to press the woman away.

"U-Uhm."

You flicked out a throwing knife, twirling it between your fingers with a smile.

"A funeral?"

The woman flinched away and left briskly.

Sandy blew out a sigh of relief and turned to you.

"You know violence and threats won't solve anything."

You hummed as you sheathed the knife on your hip belt.

"Agreed to disagree, love. That seemed to work perfectly."

Sandy blew out a sigh.

"Someday, what will you do if that only makes things worse?"

You wrapped your arms behind his neck.

"In all honesty, I am not sure. But I am sure I'll have my better half there to help guide me through it."

Sandy stared at you in shock at first, then his expression melted into a loving smile. He accepted a kiss you pressed on his lips, then led you to a small quiet place at the beach.

You two had been planning this picnic for weeks. Yet nefarious plots or work had simply gotten in the way.  Today however, seemed perfect.

Sandy had made a special tea to calm your nerves before you two had even left. This proved to be wise as many things aggravated you. You had a short fuse, this was true. But Sandy was endlessly patient with you.

He would do his best to calm the situation before it exploded into a battle that you may or may not have been able to walk away from.

And while you both sat on the silent beach, you realized, the quiet was exquisite. Especially with Sandy finally relaxing near you.

"Sandy?"

"Yeah?" He glanced up from unpacking things.

You placed down a few plates.

"Do you ever...get tired of...me?" You asked sincerely.

"What?! What would make you think that?" Sandy leaned over and touched a hand to your cheek gently. He always rubbed his thumb over your cheek to ease you.

"It's just I'm always causing you so much trouble. And you always look so nervous when we go out together." You leaned into his hand giving him a sad but hopeful frown. "Is it tiring to have me around?"

Sandy shook his head.

"Of course not Y/n. You actually bring a little excitement into my life. While I don't always agree with you," He smiled at you gently. "I certainly would miss you if you left."

The words warmed your heart and you hugged him tightly.

Sandy returned the hug with a gentle comfort you had never found in another soul.

"Well isn't this touching?" Someone sneered behind you.

You whirled to see an odd mixture of human and spider coming over.

"The warrior wanna be and the gentle giant on a date." He mused.

Sandy pushed you behind him gently.

"Oh hey there. Care for a cup of tea?"

You frowned in confusion and touched Sandy's shoulder.

"Sandy, do you know this guy?"

The spider man laughed.

"Oh forgive me." He pulled out a long whip with a knife at the end. "I haven't introduced myself." He flicked the whip at you both and Sandy grabbed you, tugging you out of the way. "My name is Huntsman." He grinned as Sandy released you.

You grabbed a couple of your throwing knives.

"The Spider Queen would like a talk with your girlfriend." Huntsman taunted.

Sandy flinched and shook his head over his shoulder at you.

"Uhh no. You see, she and I are kinda on a date and we've been planning it fo-"

"Don't give me that." Huntsman rolled his eyes. "You can't protect her big guy. We both know you can't fight."

"We don't need to fight." Sandy I formed him with a smile. "Maybe we could talk this over with a nice cup of jas-"

Sandy never got to finish his sentence when Huntsman caught him in a we and threw him into the ocean.

"SANDY!" you screamed.

Huntsman only chuckled.

"Live a coward, die a coward."

You growled and threw your knives with one goal in mind; to kill Huntsman.

Sandy broke the webbing easily. Then swam up to the water's surface with perfect skill. Water always had been his favorite element.

But as he broke the surface of the water he spotted it. Y/n twirling a dagger in her right hand. And Huntsman pinned to a tree with several throwing knives.

"Ooh no." He mumbled swimming over.

"You're dead, spider." You growled about to run him through when you heard Sandy yell.

"Y/n! Don't it!"

You turned and stashed your dagger in one fluid movement running over to Sandy and hugging him tightly.

"I was just making sure he wouldn't follow you." The lie slipped from your lips in a falsely innocent tone. 

Sandy gave you a disbelieving look.

"Ok fine. I was tempted, but I'm doing better now!" You pointed out. "I mean I listened when you told me not to. That has to count for something, right?"

Sandy smiled and ruffled your hair.

"Of course it does. We will work on it more, ok?"

"Ok!" You chirped as he turned away. You followed him, and the two of you finished your picnic. Leaving Huntsman to his own devices.