Macaque x Cursed Reader

You wrung your hands as you waited. Macaque had promised he'd be here an hour ago. In the two years you knew him, he'd never kept you waiting like this.

As your anxiety grew, your ears changed to the silver wolf ears you loathed so much. With a small gasp you pulled up your hood just as Macaque landed next to you.

"Heh sorry about the wait, kid. I got a little caught up wi-..what's with the hood?"

You gave him a nervous smile while your mind whirred looking for a lie.

"Oh ya know, bad hair day, and what not. But what took you?"

Macaque's lips tugged downward into a disbelieving frown.

"Uh huh. And M.k thought I was up to something. He's getting a tad too persistent these days."

Macaque started walking and you fell into stride with him. But your mind was no longer on why Macaque was late, you were busy worrying about your ears.

At the age of seven your aunt had cursed you. Your aunt couldn't have children and was jealous of your mother. So, she took her anger out on the one thing your mother had that she didn't. You.

Whenever you got too stressed you would change into a wolf. And often you didn't remember anything that happened in that form. Your mother had tried to cheer you up saying you were a lovely silver wolf that seemed to be made of glowing mist. But that didn't much help you.

Fortunately, you had some warnings before you became a full wolf. First your ears would change, then you would get a tail. If you still had not calmed yourself, then you would turn entirely. You were currently 21 so you had learned multiple techniques in how to calm yourself.

And you hadn't changed since the age of 12. Atleast, not fully changed.

"You're zoning again." Macaque informed you boredly. His tail wrapped around your waist and tugged you away from running right into a wall.

"Oh! Sorry. My mind is a little out of it today."

"I can see that. What I would like to know is, why?"

You played with the strings that hung from your jacket's neckline. You hadn't told Macaque yet. You hadn't told anyone but your parents. You weren't sure how people would react, and you already loathed that part of you. You weren't sure you could take Macaque loathing it too.

"Zoning." Macaque warned again catching you with an arm around your stomach. You had nearly walked right into a river.

"Sorry. Just home stuff." You explained dismissively.

"Maybe you should talk to someone about it before you get hurt." Macaque suggested.

You giggled nervously then yelped as the wind picked up nearly knocking off your hood. You barely caught it, but it had already caught Macaque's attention.

He cocked an eyebrow at you questioningly.

"Kid, you're acting weird."

"I know, I know." You sighed. "Can..can we talk somewhere private?" You looked up at him pleadingly.

Macaque raised his eyebrows, but nodded.

"Come here."

"What?"

"I said," Macaque pulled you towards him with his tail. "Come here."

You stumbled forward and he tugged you against his chest, then pulled you into the shadows. You tensed as the world around you vanished to black and you squeezed your eyes shut.

After a second or two Macaque chuckled.

"You can open your eyes, kid."

You blinked to see a dark dojo surrounding you.

"Woah. Macaque this place is so cool." You gasped staring around. Then you started to wander away.

Macaque caught your wrist

"Nuh uh. You're not distracting me or yourself. I know that tone you used earlier. You've been hiding something and you're going to tell me." He folded his arms over his chest with a determined look.

You nodded. It really was about time you showed him. Before you could stop yourself you took off your hood.

Macaque's eyes widened for a moment then he grew a grin. 

"I didn't know you were a mistling, kid."

"A what?"

Macaque walked around you inspecting your ears.

"A mistling. They're incredibly rare." He leaned against the wall with a smirk. "And apparently cute."

Your cheeks burst into a scarlet blush.

"Wha-What?!"

Macaque chuckled and took your hand leading you to the center of the dojo. He had you sit across from him and purple shadows appeared on the floor.

"Back before many demons existed, and humans knew to fear the night witches would borrow power from the worst demons."

The shadows played out a woman speaking to a figure with horns.

"The demons agreed and witches would often curse their enemies to take the form of beasts when most vulnerable."

You saw the witch curse a small child that turned into a wolverine and attack all those around it.

"But amongst the victims of these curses, there arose a select few who learned to restrict and even control their curses without the help of demons."

A few of his shadow puppets turned to lovely purple misted beasts.

"They were known as mistlings. As reward for learning to control the magic cursing them the mistlings were given all the magic of those who cursed them." Macaque snapped and the shadow play melted away.

"So, seems someone didn't like you and paid dearly for it."

You blushed a bit.

"Wait so, I have my aunt's powers?" You looked at your hands.

"Ooohoho your aunt huh? Brutal. But yes she forfeited them when her curse lost power over you." Macaque leaned forward. "If you'll allow me?" He reached for your right ear and you nodded.

He took your ear in his hand and inspected it carefully.

"If you want, I can teach you how to make this happen only on your command."

"Really?!" You lit up looking at him.

Macaque chuckled with a nod.

"Sure thing, kid."